American Shootings

Post  Andrew on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 8:50 pm

Another terrible one.

http://news.sky.com/story/1562419/thirteen-dead-in-shooting-at-oregon-college
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Re: American Shootings

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:09 am

Really depressing isn't it. This is apparently the 45th mass shooting in America this year alone (defined as 4 or more killed with a gun)

In Obama's address to the nation he asked the media to put up a side by side graph to show how many US terrorist deaths vs how many gun related deaths:

Unfortunately they are up against the NRA which is basically comprised of men like the below....

TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Re: American Shootings

Post  bluebell on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 6:15 pm

@ TTWO - that's a very telling graph you posted.  Shocking in fact.

I have always been ambiguous about Charlton Heston and Clint Eastwood's real views on gun control as a matter of fact.   I feel the USA treat film stars as royalty - or a least as people who have opinions of influence - and I'm never really sure whether they (CH & CE) uphold some sort of gun control for individuals, they don't seem to have made that clear even though both have been outspoken on the subject.

IMO until 'celebs' in the USA come down hard on gun control, nothing will change.   Obama is fighting a losing battle there I think.

Hunting (with guns) is quite common over there  I believe, also guns easily purchased and carried as a matter of self defence.

I remember new laws brought in on gun control in the UK after Hungerford and Dunblane, but no such response to action in the USA.

How on earth will it end? Just my musings.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top