Ian Huntley and the Soham girls

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ian Huntley and the Soham girls

Post  dogs don't lie on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:13 am

Freedom wrote:Is "Lian" supposedly a female name? I've never heard of it unless it's a dreadful spelling of Leanne.

Maybe it's "lying" as in telling porkies........

lol!

Back to top Go down

Ian Huntley and Soham Murders

Post  hesla on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 8:43 pm

Freedom wrote:Is "Lian" supposedly a female name? I've never heard of it unless it's a dreadful spelling of Leanne.

I've heard Lian used as a shortened form of Gillian before
hesla

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 9:57 am

But who is telling porkies I wonder?? The gutter press labour under the illusion that everyone apart from their rather moronic reporters is as thick as two short planks. In actual fact, it is the reporters who are as thick as two short planks..

IMO!

poster

Back to top Go down

Post  eltee on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm

I have a cousin named Liane. My uncle and aunt took the first 2 letters of their names, Linda and Angus and added an e so it looked better.
eltee

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:05 am

I haven't seen this programme yet but I understand that Colin Sutton appears in it.

https://www.my5.tv/soham-revisited-15-years-on/season-1/soham-revisted-15-years-on

P.S. I have now seen most of it - the computer threw a wobbler and I missed the last 10 minutes or so. The makers of the Australian "Gone" programme could certainly learn something from the way that it's made clear that most of the interviews come from 2002 or 2003!

One thing that I was unclear about; Huntley's previous offences weren't noticed when he applied for the school caretaker's job because he was using the name Nixon. He was known as Huntley at the time of the girls' disappearance. How did he come to change it back again and didn't anyone think to check him out in that name?
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 2:06 pm

Freedom wrote:I haven't seen this programme yet but I understand that Colin Sutton appears in it.

https://www.my5.tv/soham-revisited-15-years-on/season-1/soham-revisted-15-years-on

P.S. I have now seen most of it - the computer threw a wobbler and I missed the last 10 minutes or so. The makers of the Australian "Gone" programme could certainly learn something from the way that it's made clear that most of the interviews come from 2002 or 2003!

One thing that I was unclear about; Huntley's previous offences weren't noticed when he applied for the school caretaker's job because he was using the name Nixon. He was known as Huntley at the time of the girls' disappearance. How did he come to change it back again and didn't anyone think to check him out in that name?  

I don't think we can believe a lot of what has been written in the main stream media about Ian Huntley. Tragically, I think the press did what is known as a 'hatchet job'.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread231461/pg1
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 2:36 pm

The below pretty much sews it up for me. I think it is also on record that the taxi driver had passengers in the car too. So there would be several witnesses to the erratic driving episode. Surely what the taxi driver reported would be consistent with the abduction of two girls?

5.11pm - 5.35pm: The computer at Holly's house is in use, almost certainly by the girls.

5.45pm: Ian Huntley, the caretaker of a local school and who knows the girls, speaks to them as they pass his house. "They were as happy as Larry ... They didn't have a care in the world," he said.

6.15pm: Another reported sighting puts them in the lower end of the High Street near a Rover garage.

6.17pm: CCTV footage shows the girls crossing the car park of the Ross Peers sports centre in Soham. They did not have their parents' permission to go back to the centre.

6.30pm: Four more reported sightings put the girls in the High Street walking towards the centre of Soham.

6.45pm: Four more reported sightings, this time near the town's war memorial.

7pm: An unconfirmed sighting at the southern edge of Soham, near a roundabout and a Q8 filling station.

6.01pm / 7pm: A taxi driver heading south from the roundabout near the filling station, along the A142 towards Newmarket, apparently sees the motorist in front struggling with two children and swerving across the road. The metallic green saloon car is speeding and being driven "erratically", with a child in the front passenger seat and another - with light brown hair similar to Jessica's - in the back. The motorist is white, of Mediterranean appearance or suntanned, aged between 38 and 45 and has black, wiry hair. He drives all the way to the outskirts of Newmarket.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/aug/17/childprotection.children4
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 7:48 pm

Interesting thread.

This case bothers me deeply. So many lives ruined. I also don't think there is any clear motive. The girls just happen to walk past his house while he is washing his car. How was he to know they would walk past at this particular time unless he had been in prior contact with them and there is no evidence of this from phones/computers etc? So presumably it was a coincidence that he saw them. Why would he invite them in? It doesn't make sense. I don't believe he did and there is no evidence as the poster below states.

A man engaged in the task of washing his car outside his house is not, imo, a man who is planning to abduct, molest and murder two girls. He may well have been the last person the girls spoke to before they disappeared and he may have been worried that this would raise suspicions but I see no evidence that his testimony that they skipped off 'happy as Larry' or words to that effect is not the truth. None whatsoever.

Snipped from below:

There was no evidence girls were in his house or car... he walked his dog near the area where they were found and I believe his dad lived there too...

The story was originally that he went back to where bodies were dumped some time after, cut the clothes off them, then set fire to the bodies, then York clothes home and washed them, then put them in a bin in the shelter on the site where he worked, put petrol on them and lit them but then poured water over them after a few seconds, then put a bin bag over the top of them and left them to be found...

I don't buy it!

It seems to me that the police had already decided it was Huntley who was going to be charged for it and they manipulated the evidence and story to fit while ignoring everything else that pointed away from Huntley.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t18634p150-ian-huntley-and-the-soham-murders-was-he-framed
poster

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top