MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goncalo discussing the Smiths, Gaspars and the fact 2 Tapas workers stated GM not at restaurant at 10pm.

+3
Helenmeg
poster
Dee Coy
7 posters

Go down

Goncalo discussing the Smiths, Gaspars and the fact 2 Tapas workers stated GM not at restaurant at 10pm. Empty Goncalo discussing the Smiths, Gaspars and the fact 2 Tapas workers stated GM not at restaurant at 10pm.

Post  Dee Coy Sat 28 Nov 2015, 7:48 pm

Picked this link up from the wonderful @AdirenM on Twitter. It's from November 2013 so Goncalo appears to be sticking to his original conclusions, certainly with regard to GM being Smithman:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/11/cmtv-maddie-case-special-and-rua-segura.html

It's one of the few references I've seen regarding Tapas workers commenting that Gerry was not at the table at 10pm. Wish we had access to the actual statements. Perhaps they are in the files?

Back to top Go down

Goncalo discussing the Smiths, Gaspars and the fact 2 Tapas workers stated GM not at restaurant at 10pm. Empty Mrs Fenn, quiz night and the Smith sighting

Post  poster Mon 04 Jul 2016, 2:10 pm

I think Mrs Fenn, quiz night(s) and the Smith sighting are all crucial to understanding what happened that week and I think they can be linked into some kind of cause/effect sequence, albeit purely hypothetically.

It is on record that Mrs Fenn heard crying coming from apartment 5A for an hour and a quarter from 10.3pm until 11.45pm on Tuesday evening 1st May 2007.

It is on record that police believe that Kate returned to apartment 5A at around 10.15pm on Tuesday evening and made a flurry of calls/texts to a friend between 10.15pm and just before 10.30pm.

Quiz night, according to the quiz host and also according to at least some of the TM rogatories was on Sunday night and again on Tuesday night.

Some of the earlier media reports, however, misleadingly state that quiz night was on Thursday 3rd May not Tuesday 1st May.  Given what a memorable night Thursday 3rd May would have been for anyone caught up in the commotion it is impossible that the media reports could have been mistaken about whether or not there was a quiz night on Thursday. Everyone would remember immediately if Thursday had been the night of quiz night.

So this would have been deliberate disinformation put out by the media. Possibly at the behest of someone or several people (pinkie springs to mind). Perhaps a joint effort to misinform, imo.

I believe there might be several reasons for this disinformation.

One might be to separate quiz night from the crying incident as overheard by Mrs Fenn. This would raise the suggestion that quiz night was important and there was a link between it and the crying incident. This idea was indeed put forward by the Portuguese police who suggested that it might have been after quiz night - after which Gerry invited the curvaceous quiz host to the table - that Kate stormed off in a jealous huff.

It is on record that Kate returned to the apartment at around 10.15pm on the Tuesday and made a flurry of texts/calls to a friend, ending just before 10.30pm which is of course when the crying started. The calls are noteworthy for a number or reasons (a friend for Kate to seek consolation from while GM flirts with the quiz host?) not least of which is that I think it is on police record that this was the only time prior to the alleged abduction that any of the TM group made calls/texts after dinner.

Another reason to place quiz night as happening on Thursday evening might be to provide an alibi for Gerry for between 9.30pm and 10pm. If the quiz host is sitting at the table until 10pm then that gives GM an alibi for a crucial time during that fateful evening. The time when Kate raised the alarm that Madeleine was missing (although early eye-witness reports recall a commotion well before 10pm, as early as 9.15pm) and of course the time of the Smithman sighting.

If GM was sitting at the table with the quiz host - an independent witness - at the time of the Smithman sighting then Smithman can't have been Gerry McCann.

And of course we know that Jane Tanner early on provided an alibi for Gerry by claiming that she saw Madeleine's abductor whisking Madeleine away - Tannerman - at the precise time that she walked past Gerry and Jez Wilkins just after Gerry's 9pm 'check'. Therefore, the abductor that Jane Tanner saw at 9.15pm cannot have been Gerry McCann because  she saw Gerry chatting with Jez at exactly the same time she saw Madeleine's 'abductor'.

So GM conveniently found himself alibis for both the 9.15pm sighting (Tannerman) and the 10pm sighting (Smithman).

http://truthformadeleine.com/2008/07/theauthor-dumfounded-by-chaplins/

Snipped from the link in the post above:

Voiceover – Another question that remains unanswered is the place where Gerry was at 10 p.m. Two Tapas Bar employees said that Gerry was not at the restaurant. According to Gonçalo Amaral, there are only three moments that the authorities are able to locate in time. This is not one of them.

Gonçalo Amaral – As far as accurate times are concerned, there are only three: The time at which they pick up Maddie from the crèche, which is at 5.30 p.m., the time of the payment at the restaurant by the Irish family, which is at 9.22 or 9.27 p.m., and the time of the phone call to GNR, which is at 10.47 p.m. From there on, nothing is certain.

Voiceover - Contributing to the mystery of Gerry’s location at 10 p.m., a statement by a family of Irish tourists, four adults and five children, appears. According to the Smiths, that evening, the family left Kelly’s Bar and headed home at around 10 p.m. Five minutes later, Kate raises the alarm to the disappearance. At the same time, the family crosses ways with a man that carried a blonde child, aged approximately four, wearing a pink pyjama.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Goncalo discussing the Smiths, Gaspars and the fact 2 Tapas workers stated GM not at restaurant at 10pm. Empty Re: Goncalo discussing the Smiths, Gaspars and the fact 2 Tapas workers stated GM not at restaurant at 10pm.

Post  poster Fri 23 Dec 2016, 2:41 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Picked this link up from the wonderful @AdirenM on Twitter. It's from November 2013 so Goncalo appears to be sticking to his original conclusions, certainly with regard to GM being Smithman:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/11/cmtv-maddie-case-special-and-rua-segura.html

It's one of the few references I've seen regarding Tapas workers commenting that Gerry was not at the table at 10pm. Wish we had access to the actual statements. Perhaps they are in the files?

I think GM was spotted by the Smiths and it became crucial to take the heat out of 10pm and put it back to 9.15pm when I think there was supposed to have been a faked abduction which I think was bodged or sabotaged in some way.

It is relevant, imo, that Matt, in the company of OC resort manager (theoretically an independent witness) allegedly wakes up Jez Wilkins and his partner at around 1.30am on Friday morning and tells him that GM saw him earlier at around 9.15pm and wonders if Jez saw anything suspicious.

I think this would have been highly unwelcome news for Jez - whether the encounter happened in the way described or not. It places him in a key place at a key time and of course it also potentially makes him a suspect. Certainly a key eye-witness. I do not believe for a minute Jez was asleep as the biggest news story for decades breaks around him.

I think there had been an almighty 'disaster' and all chaos has broken loose. This would account for the McCanns praying like arabs when police arrive - a gesture they find highly strange.

It is on record that Detective Amaral urgently faxes Jez a list of questions which are certainly probing. Amaral is clearly very interested in Jez's role in all this, whatever it might be and asks if he knows any reason why someone would want to kidnap GM's daughter. I find that a fascinating question.

I theorize that Jez - inadvertently or not I do not know - somehow put a spanner in the works at 9.15pm. I think the TM run around like headless chickens and I think GM is spotted at 10pm by the Smiths. TM are then forced to concoct the Tanner-man story to force the time-frame back to 9.15pm. GM is determined not to let Jez off the hook, imo, and I find it fascinating that he gets Matt to be the bearer of what I am sure is bad news for Jez.

Jez changes his testimony after a few days dramatically but in the early hours/days I think he is prepared to throw TM to the wolves, imo. He claims he saw a blond 'rasta' type of man behaving suspiciously at a crucial time that evening. This man is later identified as a surfing friend of GM. What, I wonder, was all that about?

KM in her book attempts to morph Tanner-man and Smith-man but I think she is spectacularly unsuccessful in this respect and police appear not to be impressed with this either. The two men look different despite what Kate claims (and TB!!) They have different colour hair and a different haircut and Tanner-man is more swarthy.

Jez is a critical eye-witness whatever his role or not in the drama, imo.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Goncalo discussing the Smiths, Gaspars and the fact 2 Tapas workers stated GM not at restaurant at 10pm. Empty Re: Goncalo discussing the Smiths, Gaspars and the fact 2 Tapas workers stated GM not at restaurant at 10pm.

Post  Helenmeg Fri 23 Dec 2016, 5:59 pm

Agree with your post POSTER - very much so.
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 23 Dec 2016, 6:03 pm

Yes, I'd go along with that as well.

Snipped from Posters post:

It is on record that Detective Amaral urgently faxes Jez a list of questions which are certainly probing.

I can't actually recall seeing that before. Do you have a link for it?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 23 Dec 2016, 6:41 pm

Andrew wrote:Yes, I'd go along with that as well.

Snipped from Posters post:

It is on record that Detective Amaral urgently faxes Jez a list of questions which are certainly probing.

I can't actually recall seeing that before. Do you have a link for it?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/login?redirect=%2Ft7129-topic
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 23 Dec 2016, 6:49 pm

Your second link requires membership of CMoMM Poster so can't follow it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 23 Dec 2016, 6:50 pm

Many thanks, Poster. santa
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 23 Dec 2016, 7:08 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:Your second link requires membership of CMoMM Poster so can't follow it.

Are there any members on here who haven't been banned from over there?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Fri 23 Dec 2016, 7:13 pm

I was.
Don't know about the others, but probably big numbers.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Fri 23 Dec 2016, 7:22 pm

I don't think I was but haven't posted since September 2015. Sorry but I'm not trying.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down