Fund Accounts year ending 31 March 2015 - also 2016

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fund Accounts year ending 31 March 2015 - also 2016

Post  candyfloss on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 7:34 pm

Luna wrote:With acknowledgement to DougD over the road who has posted that the Fund's auditor, haysmacintyre, has resigned.

Interesting, thanks Luna, I am reading on twitter it was 3 days after Supreme Court ruling? Also a copy of resignation letter on twitter, where has that come from?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 7:41 pm

Yes, saw it on twitter too. Apparently it was first posted on a FB group.

I guess that someone's been keeping an eye on the Fund's records at Companies House?

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:13 pm

The Fund will now need new auditors?

Who will get the gig?

Wouldn't auditors, given the current profile of the McCanns, be reluctant to take on the assignment? I would imagine prospective auditors will ring hays whatsit to ask the real reasons for the resignation.

hayswhatsit have a big section on their website re they expertise dealing with charities and not for profit companies. It doesn't make sense that they are resigning. Its not as if the auditor was a one man band who is now retiring.
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Auditors

Post  Guest on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:33 pm

"It doesn't make sense that they are resigning."

The resignation does make sense in the context of it occurring a few days after the SC decision. There is, additionally, OG - is it investigating the Fund?

Speculation, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 9:13 am

I take it there's no reason given in the letter, so we don't know why they've resigned?
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 9:27 am

AndyB wrote:I take it there's no reason given in the letter, so we don't know why they've resigned?

Even Arsene Wenger would resign from that job.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:05 am

unreorganised wrote:
AndyB wrote:I take it there's no reason given in the letter, so we don't know why they've resigned?

Even Arsene Wenger would resign from that job.

I'm not sure he would to be fair, the stubborn old mule.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:22 am

I'm not surprised in the slightest that Haysmacintyre have decided to sever ties. Just surprised that it's took so long.

It also amazes me why Carter-Ruck have remained so loyal (payments aside). Any reputable company worth it's salt wouldn't have anything at all to do with the McCann's now. Absolutely nothing.

Poisoned chalice and all that. And an embarrassment to be even linked to them.

IMO etc.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:31 am

Lawyers don't do loyalty. It's a profit making business.

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:40 am

Luna wrote:Lawyers don't do loyalty.  It's a profit making business.

Which makes me wonder if this was a commercial consideration, in the sense that they were worried about keeping some of their other clients onside.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:53 am

unreorganised wrote:

Which makes me wonder if this was a commercial consideration, in the sense that they were worried about keeping some of their other clients onside.

That's a good question.

I've always been intrigued from the off in terms of who put the McCann's in touch with Carter-Ruck? As I'm sure Gerry didn't just pick up the Yellow Pages.

And how that initial conversation went...

"Hi, my name is Gerry McCann.... I've been accused of disposing and burying my daughter. I've accumulated a few quid, so can I pay you to threaten to sue people who don't go along with this fairytale abduction that I've made up....."
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Auditors

Post  Guest on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:08 am

unreorganised wrote:

I wondered too about commercial considerations, as the resignation is close to the end of the financial year.

My hunch is that it's connected to developments in the case. It will all come out in the wash!

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:27 am

Cheers Doug (well you do owe me a few)

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:37 am

Andrew wrote:I'm not surprised in the slightest that Haysmacintyre have decided to sever ties. Just surprised that it's took so long.

It also amazes me why Carter-Ruck have remained so loyal (payments aside). Any reputable company worth it's salt wouldn't have anything at all to do with the McCann's now. Absolutely nothing.

IMO etc.

If Carter Ruck have severed ties with the McCanns, how would we know? Neither side is going to make a public announcement.

If there has been a parting it would be confidential. The McCanns could still threaten legal action but will only be when someone calls their bluff to the point where a threatening letters or stronger action is required that Carter Ruck's support will be visible ...or not.

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:41 am

Poe wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm not surprised in the slightest that Haysmacintyre have decided to sever ties. Just surprised that it's took so long.

IMO etc.

If Carter Ruck have severed ties with the McCanns, how would we know? Neither side is going to make a public announcement.

If there has been a parting it would be confidential. The McCanns could still threaten legal action but will only be when someone calls their bluff to the point where a threatening letters or stronger action is required that Carter Ruck's support will be visible ...or not.

Funnily enough, I was thinking exactly the same after I typed that. They've probably not had anything to do with them for several years Very Happy

It's all empty noise. See latest thread in news section.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top