No Stone Unturned Fund Accounts - various years

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: No Stone Unturned Fund Accounts - various years

Post  candyfloss on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 7:34 pm

Luna wrote:With acknowledgement to DougD over the road who has posted that the Fund's auditor, haysmacintyre, has resigned.

Interesting, thanks Luna, I am reading on twitter it was 3 days after Supreme Court ruling? Also a copy of resignation letter on twitter, where has that come from?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 7:41 pm

Yes, saw it on twitter too. Apparently it was first posted on a FB group.

I guess that someone's been keeping an eye on the Fund's records at Companies House?

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:13 pm

The Fund will now need new auditors?

Who will get the gig?

Wouldn't auditors, given the current profile of the McCanns, be reluctant to take on the assignment? I would imagine prospective auditors will ring hays whatsit to ask the real reasons for the resignation.

hayswhatsit have a big section on their website re they expertise dealing with charities and not for profit companies. It doesn't make sense that they are resigning. Its not as if the auditor was a one man band who is now retiring.
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Auditors

Post  Guest on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:33 pm

"It doesn't make sense that they are resigning."

The resignation does make sense in the context of it occurring a few days after the SC decision. There is, additionally, OG - is it investigating the Fund?

Speculation, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 9:13 am

I take it there's no reason given in the letter, so we don't know why they've resigned?
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 9:27 am

AndyB wrote:I take it there's no reason given in the letter, so we don't know why they've resigned?

Even Arsene Wenger would resign from that job.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:05 am

I'm not sure he would to be fair, the stubborn old mule.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:22 am

I'm not surprised in the slightest that Haysmacintyre have decided to sever ties. Just surprised that it's took so long.

It also amazes me why Carter-Ruck have remained so loyal (payments aside). Any reputable company worth it's salt wouldn't have anything at all to do with the McCann's now. Absolutely nothing.

Poisoned chalice and all that. And an embarrassment to be even linked to them.

IMO etc.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:31 am

Lawyers don't do loyalty. It's a profit making business.

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:40 am

Luna wrote:Lawyers don't do loyalty.  It's a profit making business.

Which makes me wonder if this was a commercial consideration, in the sense that they were worried about keeping some of their other clients onside.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:53 am

That's a good question.

I've always been intrigued from the off in terms of who put the McCanns in touch with Carter-Ruck? As I'm sure Gerry didn't just pick up the Yellow Pages.

And how that initial conversation went...

"Hi, my name is Gerry McCann.... I've been accused of disposing and burying my daughter. I've accumulated a few quid, so can I pay you to threaten to sue people who don't go along with this fairytale abduction that I've made up....."
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Auditors

Post  Guest on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:08 am

I wondered too about commercial considerations, as the resignation is close to the end of the financial year.

My hunch is that it's connected to developments in the case.  It will all come out in the wash!

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:27 am

Cheers Doug (well you do owe me a few)

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:37 am

Andrew wrote:I'm not surprised in the slightest that Haysmacintyre have decided to sever ties. Just surprised that it's took so long.

It also amazes me why Carter-Ruck have remained so loyal (payments aside). Any reputable company worth it's salt wouldn't have anything at all to do with the McCann's now. Absolutely nothing.

IMO etc.

If Carter Ruck have severed ties with the McCanns, how would we know? Neither side is going to make a public announcement.

If there has been a parting it would be confidential. The McCanns could still threaten legal action but will only be when someone calls their bluff to the point where a threatening letters or stronger action is required that Carter Ruck's support will be visible ...or not.

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:41 am

Poe wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm not surprised in the slightest that Haysmacintyre have decided to sever ties. Just surprised that it's took so long.

IMO etc.

If Carter Ruck have severed ties with the McCanns, how would we know? Neither side is going to make a public announcement.

If there has been a parting it would be confidential. The McCanns could still threaten legal action but will only be when someone calls their bluff to the point where a threatening letters or stronger action is required that Carter Ruck's support will be visible ...or not.

Funnily enough, I was thinking exactly the same after I typed that. They've probably not had anything to do with them for several years Very Happy

It's all empty noise. See latest thread in news section.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 6:17 pm

the end of December is the last date for filing the Fund Accounts for the year ending 31 march 2017 - but there is no sign of a new auditor being appointed. Hays McIntyre who had served from the start resigned earlier this year and nobody know why.

However the McCanns have found a new director to replace Michael Linnett who resigned and died shortly afterwards. the new Director is Leicester Chartered accountant John Griffin. I am wondering why a busy man, a partner in quite a big accountancy practice in Leicester, would take this on. While I don't think the role of director of the Fund would be that onerous timewise there must be so many better 'not for profit' companies he could give his time too. Surely before accepting the offer to be a director he would have done some research on the accounts and he would be aware that the Mccanns face big legal bills which they have temporarily postponed by going to the EU court of Justice. I think any professional would be daft to have anything to do with the Fund at this point.
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Sun 28 Jan 2018, 11:52 am

No sign of the Fund accounts for the year ending 31 march 2017. Normally the accounts were due by the following 31 december to avoid a fine.

i looked up Company House and it says the accounts are due by 31 January 2018 ie on Wednesday next.

Has company law changed to give more time to file or has the Fund been given a special dispensation?

I posted earlier that a new director was appointed to replace Michael Linnett. the new man is a partner in a large firm of chartered accountants. You would think that he would be concerned that any company of which he is a director would live dangerously re filing.

Does anyone know if the Fund found a new auditor?

When companies change auditors, the new auditor has to ask the old one if there are are issues he should be aware of - its like getting a reference before proceeding. Haysmcintyre had been the Fund's auditor from the start so they would be well able to fill the new guy in!
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Newsflash - The Fund

Post  Antonia on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 3:59 pm

Just looked up The Fund at company House

05 Feb 2018 Accounts for a small company made up to 31 March 2017
This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.

So the accounts are in - not clear if they made it by the extended deadline 31 Jan. And we must wait 5 more days to see who is the new auditor and what other 'investments' the Fund has made. So we're biting our nails until Monday next..........
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:34 pm

I don't know how I will sleep with the excitement of the accounts to come.

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 6:01 pm

Freedom wrote:I don't know how I will sleep with the excitement of the accounts to come.

Well waiting for Operation Grange will soon cure any insomnia.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 10:46 am

It would seem the accounts are in??

JillyCL  ☮️‏ @JillyCL · 32m32 minutes ago  

They can't even spell Gonçalo Amaral's name correctly & WTF is "discredited Portuguese detective..." all about?!  

From the 'Notes to the Financial Statement' in the  #McCann a/cs submitted to Companies House.....

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 10:49 am

Lee Meadow‏ @Meadowuk ·

Emmm accounts in: Looks like £728k up £14k from previous year. Of course are still a year out of date, with 2017\18 due 31st March, so will not reflect payments to Portuguese courts. But needs some interpretation, that how I read them for now. #mccann https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06248215/filing-history

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 10:58 am

candyfloss wrote:

unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 11:59 am

Surely Sr Amaral might have a case for libel for use of the word 'discredited' in these audited accounts. Even if it were true, the use of the word is entirely unnecessary. Accounts should be businesslike, factual and not verbose.

Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 12:38 pm

Agree, Antonia.

Would this be down to the new accountants, if any? Who are the new accountants....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next