MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity deaths

+41
Guinea Pig
Freedom
Heisenburg
eltee
Tangled Web
What's_up_doc?
coppernob
Mimi
bluebell
froggy
candyfloss
dannii
Bloodhound
seahorse
Hope
Helenmeg
PMR
kylie
Mo
Dee Coy
Burst
nannygroves
Connie
Rosa canina
costello
Honeyblade
PeterMac
Poe
joyce1938
Bampots
wjk
chilli
Anne
dogs don't lie
Lioned
Châtelaine
womandotcom
hesla
Andrew
chirpyinsect
Admin
45 posters

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 4 Empty Re: Celebrity deaths

Post  Freedom Thu 06 Aug 2015, 8:43 am

I think that the first time I heard of this type of haemorrhage was some years ago when my son was on jury service. A 13-year-old had been in a fight with other children, seemed to be fine at the time, but later died suddenly.

The jury (like the one before it on an earlier trial) could not agree if anyone was responsible for his death.

There are almost always guilty feelings when someone dies - no matter how old they were - and the circumstances of Cilla's death are unlikely to be a comfort to her family.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 06 Aug 2015, 9:23 am

Agree that the Telegraph headline must have made her son feel awful, especially if he was in the house. But nobody can check on their relatives every 5 mins even if they are in the same house.

When I lived with my son, he would always have his door locked, as sons do. But I never locked my door. It`s odd that, if she was deaf, arthritic and her eyesight was bad, that she locked her bedroom door.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Thu 06 Aug 2015, 11:21 am

I don't know exact reason ,but I thought he must have been staying elsewhere? did anyone else get this feeling ?
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 06 Aug 2015, 11:46 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 06 Aug 2015, 11:48 am

As far as I was aware, he was staying at the villa.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 06 Aug 2015, 12:10 pm

Cilla was at home in a place she loved. She had a reasonable quality of life and her death was quick and painless.

If she had survived, and there is no guarantee that even found in time she would survive, her brain had bled so there would be damage.

Even the mildest stroke can be devastating and cruel. Just imagine watching someone with no physical problems, reduced to tears of anger and frustration trying to remember the word "pen".

In my opinion, the fact she wasn't found in time by her son was a blessing.

I've re-typed this about a dozen times trying to find the right words for this post. Cilla had a good death. There are far far worse ways to shuffle off the mortal coil so while it's inevitable that her son will feel guilt, no-one should be blaming him for what happened and the Telegraph editor should hang his/her head in shame.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 12:20 pm

I echo every single word, Poe.  My late mother had a series of strokes that left her paralysed down one side and unable to speak in English anymore.  The frustration in her eyes, in a hospital surrounded by staff unable to understand her and unable to do anything for herself, was absolutely heartbreaking.

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Thu 06 Aug 2015, 1:04 pm

My mother died last year. She had a series of small strokes, went into a respite care home and told anyone who cared to listen that she was hoping for a big one.
Her wish was granted a few days later.

Death can be gentle, after all.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 06 Aug 2015, 1:59 pm

Didn't realise he was as old as that.

RIP Arthur.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 9:45 pm

I watched some of Cliff's video of his singing at Cilla's funeral today it was excruciatingly painful to watch.  I wasn't sure if he was singing on behalf of Cilla to save her soul (as if it needed saving) or to save his own soul.  I thought it was way over the top.

Surely, he could have sung a nice quiet hymn which everyone could have joined in with, not some grandiose, over the top performance which seemed unfitting for Cilla who always seemed so "down to earth".  As someone said on the DM website "Cliff, this wasn't about you today".

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 20 Aug 2015, 9:51 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:I watched some of Cliff's video of his singing at Cilla's funeral today it was excruciatingly painful to watch.  I wasn't sure if he was singing on behalf of Cilla to save her soul (as if it needed saving) or to save his own soul.  I thought it was way over the top.

Surely, he could have sung a nice quiet hymn which everyone could have joined in with, not some grandiose, over the top performance which seemed unfitting for Cilla who always seemed so "down to earth".  As someone said on the DM website "Cliff, this wasn't about you today".

Perhaps Cilla's family asked for him to sing that. Amazing how many turned out for her lining the streets and throwing flowers. RIP Cilla, I thought she was lovely.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 20 Aug 2015, 9:55 pm

I do think Paul O'Grady got it exactly right with his eulogy. No simpering celebrity guff, just down to earth, real, honest memories of a good friend. Loved his anecdotes of her trying to blag a discount in Gucci and the frozen sprouts had me in stitches.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 20 Aug 2015, 10:23 pm

Celebrity deaths - Page 4 CM4cIrJWEAA4UpX

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 10:59 pm

There was an interview on the ITV show "This Morning" this morning from outside the Church (they don't do decorum) when a very close friend of Cilla's said that when she got an award (I can't remember what it was now), he asked to see it, and she said "Oh, chuck, it's wrapped in a plastic bag somewhere in my pantry".  I can believe that and that she was a very down to earth person a lot of the time.

However, last week Christopher Biggins was on the same programme and he said that Cilla's "scouse" accent was completely false (that always irritated the hell out of me and turned me against listening to her) and she put it on for TV show appearances but she talked completely normal when she was out with friends or family.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 21 Aug 2015, 6:36 am

A bit like Lulu when she wants to emphasise her Scottishness. Doesn't make her a bad person but I find that irritating.
My mother in law met a woman in the street one day who remarked on the weather the day before, "That was a heavy shower of wholestones yesterday." And a work colleague who used to put on a telephone voice which was nothing like her natural accent once urged a customer to " hing on a meenit."

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:36 am

It sounds as if she was playing a part in public - as actors and actresses do - but, away from the limelight, she could be herself.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 21 Aug 2015, 10:06 pm

Back at No. 1 after all these years!

Celebrity deaths - Page 4 CM9d54kWEAAZx-m

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 21 Aug 2015, 10:07 pm

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 4 Empty TV psychic Colin Fry has died

Post  Andrew Tue 25 Aug 2015, 1:48 pm

Was just reading this and lo and behold the name Madeleine Mccann comes into it, with quotes from the family too.

RIP Colin, although never heard of you.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/colin-fry-dead-aged-53-6315885
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 25 Aug 2015, 1:53 pm

Snipped.. 

The youngster's auntie Philomena, Gerry's sister, called the psychic to see if he could uncover any information about her.

She said at the time: "At the start of the campaign to find Madeleine, Gerry said that no stone would be left unturned when looking for her.

"Seeing a psychic is just part of turning more stones. Gerry is not particularly receptive to psychics - but he's prepared to give it a go
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 4:08 pm

Andrew wrote:Was just reading this and lo and behold the name Madeleine Mccann comes into it, with quotes from the family too.

RIP Colin, although never heard of you.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/colin-fry-dead-aged-53-6315885

I read your post very quickly (I haven't read the article) and thought you were referring to the other "Fry" whose name I couldn't remember at that moment and wondered why he was commenting on the McCanns, but just remembered it's Stephen Fry who I was thinking of.  Laughing

Last edited by Don't Forget Madeleine on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleted last para about Stephen Fry, harsh but true but not relevant to this post.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:59 am

I can't claim that this lady was from my childhood but the memories do go back a long way.

Luncheon vouchers anyone?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/english-madam-cynthia-payne-dies/ar-BBn2fVk?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=mailsignoutmd
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:45 am

Mee too freedom, was top of headlines in newspapers a wee haha time ago ,you look so young in your aviter you cant be that old eh ? she was thetalk of the town eh ? joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:48 am

That avatar is a bit like me - but alas 40 years ago!

Madam Cyn certainly provided some amusing news stories in her time. Even my aunt, who wasn't the most broad-minded person on Earth, thought they were funny.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeyblade Wed 25 Nov 2015, 11:07 am

I was going to call my daughter Cynthia it was all set but had to change last minute to Caroline as family name is Payne !
Honeyblade
Honeyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next