MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate McCann 'cannot rest' until she finds out what happened to Maddie - Mail 20.2.16

2 posters

Go down

Kate McCann 'cannot rest' until she finds out what happened to Maddie - Mail 20.2.16 Empty Kate McCann 'cannot rest' until she finds out what happened to Maddie - Mail 20.2.16

Post  candyfloss Sat 20 Feb 2016, 6:40 pm

I can't rest without knowing where Maddie is, says Kate McCann as she reveals she still feels 'in limbo' nine years after he daughter's disappearance

Kate McCann 'cannot rest' until she finds out what happened to Maddie

The 47-year-old said she feels 'in eternal limbo' without her daughter

Maddie went missing at family's holiday home in Portugal in 2007

Published: 16:24, 20 February 2016 | Updated: 17:12, 20 February 2016

Kate McCann has revealed she feels in an ‘eternal state of limbo’ over the disappearance of her daughter Maddie and will never find peace until she finds out what happened to her.

The mother-of-three, from Leicester, and her husband Gerry have been searching for their daughter for almost 10 years after she went missing from their holiday home in Portugal in 2007.

Mrs McCann said she has learnt to cope better with the pain of not having her eldest daughter around but ‘cannot rest’ until she learns the truth.

Speaking to The Sun, she said: ‘All parents of missing children will say the same thing. You just can’t rest without knowing, it’s just that permanent state, often it’s like a physical thing, limbo, a feeling, just not at peace.’

She added: ‘Gerry was always better than me from the beginning at jumping into a box and getting on with other things, focusing on other stuff.

‘It just took me longer really, although I can do it now and sometimes I hate myself doing that, it doesn’t feel right, but I know it’s a positive thing.’

As previously reported, Mrs McCann revealed she and her husband 'have kept nothing' about Maddie's disappearance from her brother and sister, twins Amelie and Sean, now 11.

She said the twins don't talk about Madeleine, whose 13th birthday is in May, as much as they did when she went missing, but still raise money at school to support the efforts to find her

The McCanns have led an eight-year campaign to keep the search for the youngster going since she went missing while they were on holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Mrs McCann recently thanked the public for all their support over the years which she said 'kept them going'.

The couple have also recently launched a campaign with charity Missing People and the National Crime Agency to help find missing children or flag up when youngsters are in danger.

As previously reported, they say they have not lost hope in finding their daughter, despite the resources put into the search being scaled back by police last year.

Scotland Yard announced in October it was dramatically cutting the number of officers in the probe, known as Operation Grange, from 29 to four.

The operation, launched in 2011 at the request of David Cameron, has so far cost upwards of £11m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3456112/Kate-McCann-reveals-feels-limbo-Maddie-s-disappearance.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann 'cannot rest' until she finds out what happened to Maddie - Mail 20.2.16 Empty Re: Kate McCann 'cannot rest' until she finds out what happened to Maddie - Mail 20.2.16

Post  Dee Coy Sat 20 Feb 2016, 6:43 pm

My interpretation only:

Kate can't cope with what happened and has felt unable to be at one with her soul since it happened.

Gerry can, and she resents that.

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann 'cannot rest' until she finds out what happened to Maddie - Mail 20.2.16 Empty Re: Kate McCann 'cannot rest' until she finds out what happened to Maddie - Mail 20.2.16

Post  Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 7:22 pm

What's interesting is what she DOESN'T say.
Something along the lines of... Madeleine is 13 now, and is able to read and access the internet. Madeleine, if you're reading this and have always had questions about who you are and where you came from, please know that we're still looking for you and want you to come home.

Instead we have a statement from Kate which indicates more that she knows Madeleine is not alive and she wants to know what happened to her to cause that.

Surely if you believed your child was still alive and had been abducted and raised as someone else, you would be appealing to the child directly....?

Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down