MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INFORMATION ON THE PJ - Judicial Police in Portugal

3 posters

Go down

INFORMATION ON THE PJ - Judicial Police in Portugal Empty INFORMATION ON THE PJ - Judicial Police in Portugal

Post  candyfloss Thu 25 Feb 2016, 9:49 pm

For information here and for those arguing on Cristobell's blog that Goncalo Amaral was not scientifically trained to interpret the dog results and the dna.  See the bit I have bolded in red.  They are very highly trained.

Judicial Police

1. Functions and missions

The Judicial Police (Policia Judiciaria) is a highly specialized force, both at the technical and scientific levels.

Its duty is to prevent and investigate crime. Tactically and investigatively autonomous, this force is tasked with collecting evidence and surveilling public places, including ports and airports.

2. Structure and organization

The Judicial Police reports to the Minister of Justice. Numbering around 1,500 staff, it operates at both the local and national levels. At the local level, it maintains a presence in towns throughout Portugal and liaises with the courts and prosecutors on whose behalf it carries out investigations.

At the national level, it carries out investigations of major crimes, such as subversion, drug trafficking, art thefts, terrorism and murder. The four central directorates which carry out functions at the national level focus on:

• combating crime;
  • investigating corruption, economic and financial fraud;
  • investigating drug trafficking; and
  • maintaining a central information registry for crime prevention.

http://polis.osce.org/countries/details?item_id=39

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

INFORMATION ON THE PJ - Judicial Police in Portugal Empty Re: INFORMATION ON THE PJ - Judicial Police in Portugal

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 26 Feb 2016, 6:19 am

I read somewhere that PJ officers are degree educated.

Back to top Go down

INFORMATION ON THE PJ - Judicial Police in Portugal Empty Re: INFORMATION ON THE PJ - Judicial Police in Portugal

Post  Admin Fri 26 Feb 2016, 9:55 am

chirpyinsect wrote:I read somewhere that PJ officers are degree educated.

Yes, that is correct chirpy - IIRC Goncalo Amaral has a degree in law?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down