Capabilities of the Dogs

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sometimes the dogs aren't that good

Post  AndyB on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 8:11 pm

Bless him.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dopey-police-sniffer-dog-who-6836960#nav-panel
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Re: Capabilities of the Dogs

Post  Châtelaine on Wed 02 Dec 2015, 6:19 pm

A Scottish tourist got missing in Amsterdam mid November this year.
They've now used dogs, who sniffed at one of his used T-shirts and today found him in the water!
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 02 Dec 2015, 6:34 pm

but, but, but.........their notoriously unreliable!

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 3:59 pm

Ask the dogs Sandra,or is it being said that a false trail was laid to fool the dogs brought in some time later,of course the McCanns could not know of this,conspiracy too far for me.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:06 pm

Heisenburg wrote:Ask the dogs Sandra,or is it being said that a false trail was laid to fool the dogs brought in some time later,of course the McCanns could not know of this,conspiracy too far for me.

It is possible they would know that dogs might be brought in at some point. There are plenty of precedents for that. The dogs evidence has always brought me back to earth in my meanderings but FP did used to work fir a company that produced synthetic cadaverine. Quite why they would implicate themselves that way is also almost a deal breaker unless they were getting out of hand and that was to reign them in.
Even I agree it is a theory too far....almost. but what if?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:08 pm

Someone mentioned earlier that it was Jane Tanner who worked for such a company.

Some proof would be good, whether it was her or Fiona Payne.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:09 pm

Freedom wrote:Someone mentioned earlier that it was Jane Tanner who worked for such a company.

could be right Freedom, admit I might have misremembered who it was. Sure I read it on here though.

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:19 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
Freedom wrote:Someone mentioned earlier that it was Jane Tanner who worked for such a company.

could be right Freedom, admit I might have misremembered who it was. Sure I read it on here though.

Jane Tanner worked in marketing for Fisher Scientific. They do produce cadaverine.

Didn't know she worked for Exeter Uni: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/departments/communication/webteam/team/janetanner/

According to Wikipedia you can make it yourself at home. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaverine

Last edited by seahorse on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:20 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:Ask the dogs Sandra,or is it being said that a false trail was laid to fool the dogs brought in some time later,of course the McCanns could not know of this,conspiracy too far for me.

It is possible they would know that dogs might be brought in at some point. There are plenty of precedents for that. The dogs evidence has always brought me back to earth in my meanderings but FP did used to work fir a company that produced synthetic cadaverine. Quite why they would implicate themselves that way is also almost a deal breaker unless they were getting out of hand and that was to reign them in.
Even I agree it is a theory too far....almost. but what if?

KM had a dream,then the dogs were brought in,British dogs,British handler if you want a comspiracy.
But to allow the MC's to go after Mr Amaral on the back of an hoax,can't see it.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:21 pm

seahorse wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:

Jane Tanner worked in marketing for Fisher Scientific. They do produce cadaverine.

According to Wikipedia you can make it yourself at home. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaverine

Yes, the company name is here in her statement and she was a Marketing Manager.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE-TANNER-10MAY.htm

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nannygroves on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:21 pm

The McCanns could not know of this? Pray tell me why that is.
nannygroves

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:23 pm

nannygroves wrote:

If its pre planned and some giant hoax is it seriously being proposed that Mr Grime was in on it?
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:47 pm

seahorse wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:

Didn't know she worked for Exeter Uni: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/departments/communication/webteam/team/janetanner/

My bad on the name but I thought I had read it. Thanks Seahorse.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:51 pm

Interesting info from wiki.

Elevated levels of cadaverine have been found in the urine of some patients with defects in lysine metabolism. The odor commonly associated with bacterial vaginosis has been linked to cadaverine and putrescine.[8]

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:01 pm

Forgive me ... but ... someone suggesting KM urinated behind the sofa ... ?

ETA I've seen discussion on this subject - no offense meant - some 8 years ago and it led nowhere.
And we must recognise and remember Eddie's track record in multiple criminal cases.

Last edited by Châtelaine on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:03 pm

I don't think I want to go there either literally or metaphorically.

Are we saying the scent could have come not from a dead body but from someone with a urine infection?
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:17 pm

Freedom wrote:I don't think I want to go there either literally or metaphorically.

Are we saying the scent could have come not from a dead body but from someone with a urine infection?
Nah, it was someone with bad breath..........

http://www.therabreath.com/articles/oral-care-tips-and-advice/bad-breath-can-practically-smell-like-death-3707/

Laughing Laughing

In which case the dogs would have alerted everywhere Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re:Pat Brown blog spot-why McCanns love conspiracy theorists .

Post  costello on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:21 pm

I can't get my head round this either, bizarre. Like Chatelaine I am convinced Eddie's track
record speaks volumes, and his findings in apartment 5a were 100% accurate.
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:23 pm

I have worked with a few people whose presence could be smelt from quite some way off!

One woman in particular had an horrendous problem and from such a delicate area, shall we say, that everyone was too embarrassed to mention it to her.

Eventually it was some poor manager (male) who had to pluck up courage and speak to her about it.

Let's move on now to more fragrant things!
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:25 pm

Freedom wrote:I don't think I want to go there either literally or metaphorically.

I make no such inference. Just thought it was interesting. This isn't a flounce but I will leave it there as it is going nowhere. Back to the drawing board.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:33 pm

Heisenburg wrote:
nannygroves wrote:

If its pre planned and some giant hoax is it seriously being proposed that Mr Grime was in on it?

Absolutely not. I don't even know if the dogs could be confused by synthetic cadaverine. Probably not in which case, game over for there having been no death. What the dogs can't do us tell us when the death happened.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:45 pm

Nor who it was. But there was death scent behind the sofa [& in other places] and no one's known to have died in that apartment nor in the car ...
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Re:Pat Brown blog spot-why McCanns love conspiracy theorists .

Post  costello on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:48 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
nannygroves wrote:

Absolutely not. I don't even know if the dogs could be confused by synthetic cadaverine. Probably not in which case, game over for there having been no death. What the dogs can't do us tell us when the death happened.

My money is and has always been on the 'Dogs' Chirpy. This is one of the problems the McCann's need to overcome, but which is proving impossible for them.
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 5:55 pm

Where the dogs indicated...

PJ Summary Report:

APARTMENT

- cadaver odour dog:
* in the living room, behind the sofa, close to the lateral window of the apartment

- cadaver odour dog:
* in the couple's bedroom, in a corner, close to the wardrobe

- cadaver odour dog:
* in a flowerbed, the dog handler commented on the lightness of the scent detected

- blood dog:
* in the living room, behind the sofa, close to the lateral window of the apartment (exactly as it was signalled by the cadaver odour dog)

VILLA

- cadaver odour dog:
* on the soft toy, possibly belonging to MADELEINE (cadaver odour was detected when the soft toy was inside the residence – at the date occupied by the family)

CAR

- cadaver odour dog:
* signalled the key of the vehicle

- blood dog:
* signalled the key of the vehicle

- blood dog:
* signalled the interior of the vehicle's boot

(The PJ Summary Report does not mention the cadaver odour indicated around the base of the driver's door - yet Eddie can be clearly seen in this video indicating cadaver odour there.

Presumably this is because, as Martin Grime explains, Eddie does not need to indicate a precise point - simply that there is cadaver odour there. Keela is then used to pin down precise points for their evidential value)

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id167.html

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 6:00 pm

From Grime's rogatory the EVRD dog can also alert to dried blood from a live person. But he doesn't say how old that blood needs to be.

"'The dog EVRD also alerts to blood from a live human being or only from a cadaver'
The dog EVRD is trained using whole and disintegrated material, blood, bone tissue, teeth, etc. and decomposed cross-contaminants. The dog will recognize all or parts of a human cadaver. He is not trained for 'live' human odours; no trained dog will recognize the smell of 'fresh blood'. They find, however, and give the alert for dried blood from a live human being."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top