MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund???

+20
Freedom
gbwales
dandaar
Satsuma
Mimi
Dee Coy
Heisenburg
hesla
espeland
Popcorn
Mo
Bampots
costello
TheTruthWillOut
Poe
froggy
Antonia
candyfloss
dogs don't lie
seahorse
24 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 5 Empty What's her name again...?

Post  Rosa canina Fri 13 May 2016, 11:25 pm

Piss-poor headline, though. Nine years on and they still can't spell Madeleine:

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 5 <a href=Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 5 Capturevfchc_zpsw1lqbqwd

Last edited by Rosa canina on Fri 13 May 2016, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 5 Empty Re: Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund???

Post  Freedom Fri 13 May 2016, 11:26 pm

It's before your time Andrew but someone on here reminds me of Senna the Soothsayer (a miserable old pod) on the programme Up Pompeii. She appears here at 3.00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brsmsh-6SSo&list=PLp5AIGOlSgP33bvdn3keGPT-xoAEkUsPE
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 5 Empty Re: Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund???

Post  Andrew Fri 13 May 2016, 11:30 pm

Rosa canina wrote:Piss-poor headline, though. Nine years of on and they can't spell Madeleine:

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 5 <a href=Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 5 Capturevfchc_zpsw1lqbqwd

I know - it's terrible.

Plus he never said they 'killed' her.......
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dandaar Fri 13 May 2016, 11:46 pm

Satsuma wrote:You may not think their names have been blackened but many of their friends and family will be shocked to see their names and photos plastered all over the Mail. Some  of those friends and family will not be sympathetic to their cause, so things will be rather awkward for them in the coming weeks. It's not a triumph but a potentially terrible personal disaster. Yes, an alternative view is being expressed, which is good, but at a personal cost for some  individuals

That was you when you posted as Chop Suey On Toast and sent all those pm's.
dandaar
dandaar

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 13 May 2016, 11:51 pm

The DM has updated and correctly spelt Madeleine now.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 13 May 2016, 11:52 pm

I still think the article calls into question more about the McCanns than about said trolls. It doesn't have the punch or spin of Cristobels little foray with the media. Interesting that both contain persons known to Sonia Poulton (if I can point that out!) I will say no more on that and allow everyone to ponder as to why that maybe....coincidence? Hey!!

I agree with your second paragraph but alas it has to go!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 13 May 2016, 11:56 pm

Speaking of Sonia Poulton...

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton 6m6 minutes ago
The headline lets down what is an otherwise fairer approach to #Amaral fund in msm #mccann Shocker. http://dailym.ai/1Oskto9 via @MailOnline
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 13 May 2016, 11:57 pm

Well there you go! Re Sonia

As for Satsuma ....Am  I allowed to call him/her a Kno#he*d?

Last edited by Bampots on Sat 14 May 2016, 12:00 am; edited 3 times in total

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 14 May 2016, 12:00 am

So did the DM doorstop Tony then as he was quoted......

He kept that one quiet then....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 14 May 2016, 12:08 am

Bampots wrote:It doesn't imply they doorstepped Tony from what is written there Andrew.

Snipped:

Retired solicitor Tony Bennett donated £100 to the fund last year, saying: ‘I think he has the right to publish his record of what he was doing in his investigation.’ Of the trolls, he said: ‘Some of those who have contributed have expressed nasty and hateful views. I do not support that in any shape or form.’

Did he write the above on the Go Fund page at the time of his donation. Can't remember or care really.

As his quote was underneath Ann Kristines then assumed he had also had a 'visit'....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 14 May 2016, 12:15 am

I see what you mean but I'm still not convinced that he was doorstepped. We have couple of people who have stated they were doorstepped. One who has some form of relationship with Sonia (who incidentally has quickly commented on the Mail piece in a Positive way). To be fair if it has been concocted it's not the end of the world,it's hardly from the John Pilger school of investigative journalism tho......is it!?

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 14 May 2016, 12:18 am

I expect that Tony will comment on the article when he's back online.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 14 May 2016, 12:22 am

sorry freedom I would expect him to comment that he had been doorstepped before they published said piece.....it don't make sense. The Daily Mail turn up to speak to him and his mouth stays shut.....nahh.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 14 May 2016, 12:23 am

I agree that it is unusual for him to keep quiet!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sat 14 May 2016, 7:44 am

The Telegraph with a  balanced report:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/14/uk-internet-trolls-raise-over-50000-in-donations-to-help-portugu/
but they got this bit wrong:
In his book, The Truth of The Lie, Mr Amaral accused the McCanns of murdering their daughter
That is libellous
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 14 May 2016, 9:49 am

P_R ‏@Papa___Rico  · 4m4 minutes ago  

#McCann - Breaking news: live weather report from Rothley this morning; bright sunshine, with frequent outbreaks of

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 5 CiZ4izCW0AELI4h

Don't normally post such things but this tickled me........Laughing Laughing

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 14 May 2016, 10:10 am

Worth keeping.

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 5 CiZ6Z3AWgAAnuDG

Judges ordered Goncalo Amaral to pay McCanns £395,000 damages

Group of Britons gave cash to a web fund to help retired officer, 57

£1,000 claimed to be from a ‘very large’ group of Met police officers

Last month Portuguese judges decided to overturn the payout order

By Tom Kelly and Inderdeep Bains for the Daily Mail

Published: 22:01, 13 May 2016 | Updated: 00:04, 14 May 2016

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3589566/Web-trolls-raise-50-000-Portuguese-policeman-wrote-book-claiming-McCanns-killed-daughter-Madeline.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 14 May 2016, 10:12 am

I seem to recall that the group of police (if indeed that's who they were) actually made at least one other payment of £1,000.00 or am I having a senior moment?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 14 May 2016, 10:12 am

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 14 May 2016, 10:29 am

Excellent!

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sat 14 May 2016, 10:30 am

Just look at the numbers of people green arrowing the comments that are critical of the McCanns!

As for a certain Mr Bennett I wonder if, rather than being doorstepped, he contacted the journalist himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 14 May 2016, 10:50 am

Well well. I have spoken to one of the people named in the article on a previous occasion on a matter unrelated to the GA appeal and I very much doubt that there was direct contact face to face with that person due to geography. I reckon her name was lifted straight from the fund page. I wonder if she gave permission. I will contact her now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 14 May 2016, 10:59 am

You can't mean the two ladies whose photos are published as they are both in the U K.

There is someone (initials JP) whose comment has been taken from GoFundMe. I wonder why she has been selected from all the thousands who commented.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 14 May 2016, 11:02 am

Freedom wrote:You can't mean the two ladies whose photos are published as they are both in the U K.

There is someone (initials JP) whose comment has been taken from GoFundMe. I wonder why she has been selected from all the thousands who commented.

I have messaged her. I know she is a passionate follower of the case but we have never actually discussed it other than we have similar leanings. I spoke to her before about the Anastasia hotel supposed kidnapping last year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next