MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mirror 01.05.16 - Why Kate and Gerry must face the sad truth about Madeleine McCann

5 posters

Go down

Daily Mirror 01.05.16 - Why Kate and Gerry must face the sad truth about Madeleine McCann Empty Re: Daily Mirror 01.05.16 - Why Kate and Gerry must face the sad truth about Madeleine McCann

Post  candyfloss Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:58 pm

Thanks Mo,

Why Kate and Gerry must face the sad truth about Madeleine McCann

Rachael Bletchly was one of the reporters covering the Maddie McCann case in Portugal nine years ago and now she says it's time to face a sad truth

Nine years ago I stood in a street in Portugal as a shocked and ­desperate couple appealed for help to find their missing child, writes Rachael Bletchly in the Sunday People.
Three-year-old Madeleine McCann had vanished two days earlier from an apartment in Prai da Luz while on holiday with her parents Kate and Gerry and her twin siblings Sean and Amelie.
Like all the reporters covering the story, I prayed the angel-faced tot would be found safe and well.
Perhaps she just wandered off and got lost. Maybe she was taken by some disturbed, childless ­woman who would come to her senses and return her.
Read more: Why weren't parents made suspects?
I didn’t really believe it though. I felt, to be brutally honest, that poor Madeleine was probably already dead.
And if she was still alive, surely the botched Portugese police response and global publicity about her disappearance on May 3, 2007, sealed her fate?
But I knew her parents would never ­accept it. Unless, God forbid, her body was found. Because how do you ever stop looking for your missing child?
Almost a decade on I have nothing but admiration for Kate and Gerry’s tireless efforts to find Madeleine and also to raise awareness of other missing people.
They’ve faced vile abuse from wacko conspiracy theorists and the ire of other parents who blame them for leaving their children in bed while they ate in a tapas bar.
They are also still locked in a libel battle with a Portugeuse ex-cop who claims they covered up their daughter’s death.

PA  Daily Mirror 01.05.16 - Why Kate and Gerry must face the sad truth about Madeleine McCann Madeleine-McCann
Madeleine McCann

So it must have been gut-wrenching when Scotland Yard ­announced their five-year ­investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance will be wound up. But it’s time. Sad as it is, this huge, publicly funded hunt for one child cannot go on indefinitely.
Next week marks Madeleine’s birthday and her parents hope to get a new “age-progressed image” of their daughter as the 13-year-old she would now be.

“We will never give up,” Kate said recently.
“You couldn’t settle if you thought about giving up.
“I want an end, an answer. Whatever that is.”

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Daily Mirror 01.05.16 - Why Kate and Gerry must face the sad truth about Madeleine McCann Empty Re: Daily Mirror 01.05.16 - Why Kate and Gerry must face the sad truth about Madeleine McCann

Post  Andrew Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:39 pm

Snipped:

Almost a decade on I have nothing but admiration for Kate and Gerry’s tireless efforts to find Madeleine and also to raise awareness of other missing people.
They’ve faced vile abuse from wacko conspiracy theorists

Run along love and familiarise yourself with the PJ files. There's a good girl.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:45 pm

I have noticed they rarely put up the age progression photo? So what is the point in having another one done?
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  dandaar Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:48 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Thanks Mo,

Why Kate and Gerry must face the sad truth about Madeleine McCann

Rachael Bletchly was one of the reporters covering the Maddie McCann case in Portugal nine years ago and now she says it's time to face a sad truth

Nine years ago I stood in a street in Portugal as a shocked and ­desperate couple appealed for help to find their missing child, writes Rachael Bletchly in the Sunday People.
Three-year-old Madeleine McCann had vanished two days earlier from an apartment in Prai da Luz while on holiday with her parents Kate and Gerry and her twin siblings Sean and Amelie.
Like all the reporters covering the story, I prayed the angel-faced tot would be found safe and well.
Perhaps she just wandered off and got lost. Maybe she was taken by some disturbed, childless ­woman who would come to her senses and return her.
Read more: Why weren't parents made suspects?
I didn’t really believe it though. I felt, to be brutally honest, that poor Madeleine was probably already dead.
And if she was still alive, surely the botched Portugese police response and global publicity about her disappearance on May 3, 2007, sealed her fate?
But I knew her parents would never ­accept it. Unless, God forbid, her body was found. Because how do you ever stop looking for your missing child?
They’ve faced vile abuse from wacko conspiracy theorists and the ire of other parents who blame them for leaving their children in bed while they ate in a tapas bar.
They are also still locked in a libel battle with a Portugeuse ex-cop who claims they covered up their daughter’s death.

PA  Daily Mirror 01.05.16 - Why Kate and Gerry must face the sad truth about Madeleine McCann Madeleine-McCann
Madeleine McCann

So it must have been gut-wrenching when Scotland Yard ­announced their five-year ­investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance will be wound up. But it’s time. Sad as it is, this huge, publicly funded hunt for one child cannot go on indefinitely.
Next week marks Madeleine’s birthday and her parents hope to get a new “age-progressed image” of their daughter as the 13-year-old she would now be.

“We will never give up,” Kate said recently.
“You couldn’t settle if you thought about giving up.
“I want an end, an answer. Whatever that is.”

"Wacko conspiracy theorists"!
There seems to be a sub culture out there consisting of self designated journalists who are as thick as two planks of wood.This woman may be the leading player and that takes some doing given she is up against the likes of Lorraine Kelly etc."
dandaar
dandaar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:03 pm

They’ve faced vile abuse from wacko conspiracy theorists and the ire of other parents who blame them for leaving their children in bed while they ate in a tapas bar...........

We wackos don't blame them we point fingers and say they DID leave their children in bed.....and that was a selfish dangerous thing to do and we have been proven correct even if pointy drug addled groups of hidden burglars took her while attempting to steal Gerrys blue bag and Maddies pink blanket! GOD! I asked all of my visiting relatives today if they think its ok to leave the kids and go for a drink.....say 20meters away down a road in a bar. No one believed that as acceptable parenting even with the kicker of 15 min checks(which no one believed!!).
Its getting  madder I'm afraid!!

Insidious....."how did the voice of reason become the bad guy"

Last edited by Bampots on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:05 pm

Mo wrote:I have noticed they rarely put up the age progression photo?  So what is the point in having another one done?

Absolutely no point as she is not alive.

I should imagine when they were cocksure of themselves a while back, then the plan was to get on as many sofas as possible around the globe for the 9th anniversary. Promote the 'this is what she would now look like' stuff and in turn beg for more cash to help fund the expensive legal and PR team etc.

All going spectacularly wrong for Team McCann at the moment and it's a joy to watch it unfold.

I just feel so sorry for the twins who inadvertently have been caught up in this farce. They certainly don't deserve any of this.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down