Lady Meyer packs in PACT

Go down

Lady Meyer packs in PACT

Post  candyfloss on Tue 03 May 2016, 8:50 pm

Lady Meyer packs in charity

“Chanel-clad” Catherine Meyer – whose pay packet from an organisation she founded named Parents & Abducted Children Together attracted criticism from The Telegraph’s Richard Eden and The Independent’s Janet Street-Porter in 2011 – has finally stood down as the CEO of Action Against Abduction (formerly PACT).

In a statement shared on LinkedIn, Meyer announced she’d be standing down on 1st May as she is “looking to do something completely different”. She neglected to mention exactly what that is but added: “I shall never loose [sic] my commitment to putting an end to the evil of child abduction”.

Bless.
http://thesteepletimes.com/movers-shakers/pacting-up/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Lady Meyer packs in PACT

Post  chrissie on Tue 03 May 2016, 9:15 pm

Interesting timing...
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Tue 03 May 2016, 9:47 pm

chrissie wrote:Interesting timing...

You took the words right out of my mouth....very interesting timing indeed.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue 03 May 2016, 9:48 pm

Rats and sinking ships...

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 9:49 am

Not Lady Meyer this time but Sir Christopher Meyer has been attacked in London..

Former UK ambassador to US Christopher Meyer attacked in London

Meyer left with split lip and suspected broken nose after attack at Victoria station

The former UK ambassador to the US Sir Christopher Meyer is recovering in hospital after being attacked at Victoria station in London.
Meyer, a former chair of the Press Complaints Commission and former director of communications for John Major, was left with heavily swollen eyes, a split lip and a suspected broken nose.
“He looks terrible,” his wife, Lady Meyer, told the Times. An image showed Meyer, who is being treated in St Mary’s hospital in Paddington, covered in blood.

Lady Meyer said: “His left eye is like a golf ball and bleeding, the nose looks like it could be broken.” She claimed her husband was attacked by a man and a woman who were later arrested.
She said: “I’m absolutely shocked by the level of the brutality. They really beat him. It’s appalling – like something you would see in a war zone.”
The children and families minister, Nadhim Zahawi, tweeted that the attack was “sick” and asked the London mayor, Sadiq Khan, what he planned to do.

The attack, which happened on Wednesday afternoon, a day before Donald Trump was due visit to the UK, is not believed to have been politically motivated.
Lady Meyer said: “The police told me they believe that it is more likely that they might have wanted to rob him. Nothing was taken, but the transport police intervened quickly.”
British Transport Police have been contacted.
In a column published by the Times on Thursday, Meyer looks ahead to Trump’s visit. He writes: “If Trump smashes as much crockery in Brussels as he did at the G7 meeting in Canada last month, when he repudiated the final communique and insulted the Canadian prime minister, it will fall to Mrs May to try to pick up the pieces: to remind Trump that Nato is as important to North American security as it is to European; to pledge to work for a fairer sharing of the costs of common defence, a long-standing and justified American complaint; and to make clear that, while she has nothing against improved US-Russian relations, domination of Europe has been a strategic Russian goal since 1945.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/12/former-uk-ambassador-us-christopher-meyer-attacked-london

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 9:57 am

Terrible story. 

Was it a man and a woman who attacked him though or two youths which normally means two males?

P.S. Two teenagers - dreadful.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/12/girl-15-one-two-teens-arrested-horrific-assault-us-ambassador-7708274/
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Mon 16 Jul 2018, 10:37 pm

candyfloss wrote:Lady Meyer packs in charity

“Chanel-clad” Catherine Meyer – whose pay packet from an organisation she founded named Parents & Abducted Children Together attracted criticism from The Telegraph’s Richard Eden and The Independent’s Janet Street-Porter in 2011 – has finally stood down as the CEO of Action Against Abduction (formerly PACT).

In a statement shared on LinkedIn, Meyer announced she’d be standing down on 1st May as she is “looking to do something completely different”. She neglected to mention exactly what that is but added: “I shall never loose [sic] my commitment to putting an end to the evil of child abduction”.

Bless.

The comments are interesting. But did she ever have a commitment to 'putting an end to the evil of child abduction'? She appears to have benefited financially from her alleged commitment but it would be good to see the evidence of her achievements in this area that presumably were the reason for the generous remuneration?
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Mon 16 Jul 2018, 10:41 pm

Freedom wrote:Terrible story. 

Was it a man and a woman who attacked him though or two youths which normally means two males?

P.S. Two teenagers - dreadful.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/12/girl-15-one-two-teens-arrested-horrific-assault-us-ambassador-7708274/

I read about this and saw the photos - I had no idea until now that he was Catherine Meyer's partner.

ETA: Okay I probably did but it hadn't really sunk in, in terms of the 'Missing People' stuff.....

Kate, in her book, talks about how she spoke to Catherine Meyers.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 1:50 am

Meyer, a former chair of the Press Complaints Commission and former director of communications for John Major,

Hmmmm.....interesting.... confused
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 1:59 am

poster wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Lady Meyer packs in charity

Bless.

The comments are interesting. But did she ever have a commitment to 'putting an end to the evil of child abduction'?  She appears to have benefited financially from her alleged commitment but it would be good to see the evidence of her achievements in this area that presumably were the reason for the generous remuneration?

Is it appropriate for a woman who is supposedly helping the most vulnerable young people in our society to be beaming broadly as she steps down from a 'charity' which I am not entirely sure did its job?

Can I write silly cow what has she achieved in the area that she professes to care about?
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 5:50 pm

This is what Kate has to say about PACT in her book.

She is writing about the events of Tuesday 8th May after they had said goodbye to family and friends including her parents and Gerry's mother.

"As we were walking up from the beach at about 5pm, I had a call from Cherie Blair, in her final days as wife of the prime minister (her husband Tony would announced his resignation two days later.....) She was kind and helpful......She mentioned that a friend of hers, Catherine Meyer, was the founder of PACT - Parents and Abducted Children Together - and said she would get in touch with her on my behalf....."

I fear I may have been a little harsh about Catherine Mayer as it would appear that her ex husband gained custody of her children and she hardly saw them for years and years. Nevertheless, her situation is about as far from the McCanns situation as it is possible to get and it beggars belief that Cherie Blair offered to contact Catherine Meyer on Kate's behalf. If indeed it is true that that is what happened. Did Cherie really believe the McCann version of events? Or what?

poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down