MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas

+11
candyfloss
PMR
wjk
Antonia
Guinea Pig
joyce1938
Bampots
froggy
Châtelaine
seahorse
Andrew
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 5 Empty Re: The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas

Post  Freedom Sat 10 Sep 2016, 9:59 am

I have never realised that MWT was sharing his "wisdom" about this case at such an early stage. I don't remember even hearing his name till maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

Andrew, I thought that it was Aquila who fell out with MayMuse but that's something for the CMoMM topic!

P.S. On second thoughts, I do remember MWT expressing his concern over the dreadful make-up photo (for which he deserves credit) and that was in 2010 I think so not as recent as I first said.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 5 Empty Re: The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas

Post  Andrew Sat 10 Sep 2016, 8:20 pm

Aquila, TB plus all socks, Jill and a load more..

Weird but amusing though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sat 10 Sep 2016, 9:47 pm

If memory serves me: MWT was in PdL as early as summer 2007 and commenting on how malfunctioning the PJ investigation was ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 01 Mar 2017, 9:54 am

I'll put this recent radio interview here as the wonders of MWT go on.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5657095-pod-three-new-madeleine-mccann-revelations-could-blow-investigation-wide-open-28th-february

It was originally posted here.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1750p200-itv-this-morning-21-02-17#80246

These are my comments from there.

I started to listen to this but am now taking what I call a WTF break as MWT has twice referred to the twins as Madeleine's sisters.

He is repeating the theory that she could have wandered off and then fallen into the hands of a predatory paedophile as is thought to have happened with Genette Tate (who has never been found) and definitely did happen with Sarah Payne.

I'll grit my teeth and listen to the rest of it.

P.S. I now have and my opinion of MWT as an absolute tw*t remains unaltered.

Have I got this bit right? I can't bear to listen to any more of him. After saying that the police bungled the case in the early days, he said that the way it should have been dealt with was to investigate the family and those closest first and then move on to the possibility of a stranger abduction - but that the police went for the stranger abduction first?????

Please will someone else listen and see if that is what he said. I had no sleep last night so I am wilting now and maybe got the wrong end of the stick.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:39 am

Yeah - he did say that. (about family and friends being investigated first)

About the only thing the turnip has ever said that I actually agree with.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:44 am

Yes, that is how it should be but did he then say that the police concentrated on a stranger abduction first and then turned to the family?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 01 Mar 2017, 12:41 pm

I've just listened again Freedom pale
And, yes, he does say that, from about 32 minutes onwards.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 01 Mar 2017, 1:04 pm

Thank you for confirming that, WJK. I thought that it was just me and that even MTW isn't that stupid.

Yep, he really is!

His thinking that the twins are both girls is hilarious but what does it say about his standards of research and reliability.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 01 Mar 2017, 3:06 pm

Freedom wrote: [...] His thinking that the twins are both girls is hilarious but what does it say about his standards of research and reliability.
I agree ;-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Wed 01 Mar 2017, 3:52 pm

He is likely to have met them as he's so pally with the McCanns.

What an idiot!
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 02 Mar 2017, 8:22 am

This tweet made me chuckle:

In reply to cherry berry
PatSurvivorCSA‏ @PatCSASurvivor1  1h1 hour ago
More
@cosyring @TheCatwoman2 @jongaunt MWT is a gobshite failed cop that's jumping on the #McCann bandwagon. Profile pic says it all #noMagnumPI

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 5 Mag10

And here's a pic of when Thomas Magnum actually met Mark Williams-Thomas:

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 5 Mag_110
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 02 May 2017, 2:29 pm

Dear me, this is poor.........

Mark Williams-Thomas‏Verified account @mwilliamsthomas ·  

Ex detective Gonçalo Amoral makes another totally ridiculous claim.That Madeleine McCann was cremated in a coffin. http://dailym.ai/2qmVCNZ

Rolling Eyes

Win‏
@winnower1  

Replying to @mwilliamsthomas

Are you truly so unprofessional that you use the tactics of #mccann shills? Spelling Dr. Amaral's name as 'Amoral'? #McCann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 02 May 2017, 2:31 pm

What about his claim Madeleine wandered off, well maybe but what about the window open the shutter jemmied and the curtains going whoosh.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 02 May 2017, 4:12 pm

candyfloss wrote:What about his claim Madeleine wandered off, well maybe but what about the window open the shutter jemmied and the curtains going whoosh.
And what about the dogs behind the sofa and in the master bedroom ...?
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 16 Nov 2017, 11:37 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 16 Nov 2017, 12:09 pm

As a detective constable he would be unlikely to be at the centre of anything, other than making the tea.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Thu 16 Nov 2017, 12:16 pm

What a load of BS. He served from 1989 to 2000 so 11 to 12 years. The first 2 years would be a probationary period. He was a Constable and a Family Liason Officer. FLO is not a rank ,it's a role that police officers do ( like dogs ,mounted ,firearms etc). If he was a Constable/ FLO the many investigations he lead would not have been major ones as he wouldn't have had the seniority to take those jobs on ,and more so back then when police numbers were so much better . If having got 9 /10 years on from his probation he hadn't started down the promotion path then his career probably wasn't destined to be sparkling
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:55 pm

New series of the Investigator starts in 3 weeks (Jan 1st)you will all be pleased to learn Smile Nicola Payne's family launch new website...

A few of his tweets a hour or so ago.........

Mark Williams-Thomas‏Verified account @mwilliamsthomas · 2h2 hours ago

Lovely to have a catch up over lunch with Mary Asprey who along with her late sister Janet Newman set up National Missing Persons Helpline that is now @missingpeople . Huge respect for what Mary & Janet have achieved & changed

Mark Williams-Thomas‏Verified account @mwilliamsthomas · 1h1 hour ago

Family of missing mother Nicola Payne launch new website to appeal for information to mark the 26th anniversary of Nicola’s disappearance on the 14 Dec 1991. https://www.findnicolapayne.co.uk

Given the significant number of unsolved murders & missing people who have clearly been murdered . This means amongst us are a number of killers - who have yet to be brought to justice .

Next year have series 2 of #TheInvestigator on your screens over 3 weeks . Which looks to build on series 1 (a different case)

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 05 Apr 2018, 1:56 pm

There's a new three part series of The Investigator starting tonight at 21.00 on ITV. 

I don't know if it will be all about the same case or three different ones. Tonight is about a case I've never heard of before - a teenager called Louise Kay who vanished in 1988.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 05 Apr 2018, 10:10 pm

Here's a link to the programme. I gave up halfway through but the rest of you might be made of stronger stuff!

https://www.itv.com/hub/the-investigator-a-british-crime-story/2a4104a0005
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 5 Empty Mark Williams-Thomas reputation called into question by Judge

Post  candyfloss Tue 07 Aug 2018, 1:01 pm

The documentary maker who exposed Jimmy Savile 'offered to sell names of DJ Jonathan King's child sex abuse victims' while working as a police detective on his case, judge claims
Mark Williams-Thomas has claimed to have solved numerous high-profile cases

Mark Williams-Thomas has claimed to have solved numerous high-profile cases
•Judge Deborah Taylor delivered a withering view of his work for Surrey Police
•She said a document was found offering names and introductions to victims

snipped from article...….

Published: 23:27, 6 August 2018 | Updated: 01:56, 7 August 2018
But yesterday his professional reputation was called into question after Judge Deborah Taylor delivered a withering assessment of his previous work for Surrey Police on the King case. before he left the force in October 2000 Mr Williams-Thomas was the detective who interviewed the first man to accuse King of sexual assault. He was subsequently accused – and acquitted – of blackmail in an unrelated case.
Yesterday the judge said: ‘During the investigation into that offence a document was found on his computer offering for sale names and introductions to victims of Mr King.

Yesterday the judge said: ‘During the investigation into that offence a document was found on his computer offering for sale names and introductions to victims of Mr King.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6033123/Documentary-maker-offered-sell-names-DJ-Jonathan-Kings-child-sex-abuse-victims.html

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 5 Graphics-smilies-959801

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Thu 09 Aug 2018, 10:30 am

We had wondered why he left the Surrey Police abruptly when apparently he loved the job. Now it looks as if we know why.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 15 Aug 2018, 11:46 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Wed 15 Aug 2018, 3:51 pm

Freedom wrote:More about the Jonathan King case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6051299/Child-sex-abuse-case-saw-pop-mogul-Jonathan-King-handed-seven-year-jail-sentence-reopened.html

His convictions certainly don't look sound to me.

From the piece.

A Surrey Police spokesman said: ‘We recognise there were serious organisational failings in the investigation, particularly in relation to disclosure.’
The force ‘deeply regret we did not meet the required standards to ensure a fair trial. For this we wholeheartedly apologise.’
The spokesman added that the force had commissioned an ‘independent review’ and a formal complaint by King was now being investigated. However, Chief Constable Nick Ephgrave had ‘no intention of resigning’.

Strange how the force themselves commission a "independent review" you would think there would be some automatic trigger that sets off an investigation rather than rely on the bent force to start one themselves.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next