MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas

+11
candyfloss
PMR
wjk
Antonia
Guinea Pig
joyce1938
Bampots
froggy
Châtelaine
seahorse
Andrew
15 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

the wonders - The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 2 Empty Re: The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas

Post  candyfloss Thu 12 May 2016, 3:45 pm

Found it....
Worth reading this artcle..

Questioned yesterday, September 14, about his business relationship, as a expert also in media handling and advice for high profile cases, Mr. Mark Williams-Thomas initially confirmed that his company had a contract to provide services to the McCann. Asked to confirm some details of that business relationship, he changed his initial answer and denied any relationship, admitting only that he has “been in contact with the press officers for the family.”

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2007/09/pr-expert-mark-williams-thomas-huge.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

the wonders - The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas - Page 2 Empty Re: The wonderful world of Mark Williams-Thomas

Post  Châtelaine Thu 12 May 2016, 4:40 pm

candyfloss wrote:Haven't read all this but looks interesting.....

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/mr_mark_williams_thomas_and_holm

That's what I was looking for myself earlier, Candyfloss. Thank you. If my information is correct, "Anna Raccoon" never got a reply to this FOI and in fact, she wasn't really expecting it either ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 12 May 2016, 5:16 pm

As it states they didn't reply to it. I wonder if she put a complaint in as suggested on the link or followed it up at all...

Yes CF, that was very similar to what I read before although I think it was from a different source.

So MWT was likely paid by TM to set up a Child Protection agency and then with his expertise, spout abduction.

Any connection between MWT and JG I wonder...

Seem to be competing in those early stages although both singing loudly from the same McHymn song sheet.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 12 May 2016, 5:32 pm

Missed the bit where it states he's also an expert in Media handling.

Is there anything this guy is not an expert in.

Apart from the actual police force where he couldn't get to the next grade.

Although an expert in making cups of tea for the real detectives no doubt.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 12 May 2016, 7:05 pm

These favours that John Mc famously called in.... Was one of those to some ex plod on the beat to pretend to be a 'child protection expert'.

Sorry to harp on about MWT but something is clearly not right here. And can't believe that just picked up on it after all this time.

Eta - I knew he was a bit 'dodgy' from the get-go. But not to the extent of when actually looked into it further.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 12 May 2016, 8:30 pm

Evening all. Any further info on MWT who probably used to do night security at Toys R Us... but suddenly an expert in absolutely everything as quickly as M was vanished....

Cheers.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 12 May 2016, 9:56 pm

According to this article in 2013 he was still studying at Birmingham City University - a PHD in Criminology this time.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-lecturer-mark-williams-thomas-on-how-819458
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 12 May 2016, 10:22 pm

Amazing. So 6 years afterwards he's another 'expert' in criminology.

What a talented chap in 'all-round expertise'.

As Barry Sutton would say, I doff my cap.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 12 May 2016, 10:38 pm

Going by other reports he left the police force in 2000 to go to university - he seems to have been there for rather a long time.......

How has he found the time for all his other activities, particularly the removal of chewing gum from the streets?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 12 May 2016, 11:01 pm

I saw someone earlier on the streets of Wilmslow, with a high-vis and carefully picking up crap. Although he did have a collegue join up for support.

Was thinking MWT and JG. All in it together to sweep up the crap.

Left a bit mind by the looks of it.

Couldn't see if both chaps had a tag on to be fair.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 13 May 2016, 9:11 am

No date on this link but it says that MWT is a current student at BCU.

http://www.bcu.ac.uk/social-sciences/about-us/staff/leading-academic-experts

I'm not impressed either by the work of Professor David Wilson, another of BCU's finest. His programmes just seem to state the bleeding obvious.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Fri 13 May 2016, 2:34 pm

Could be worse  -  http://cynicalbastards.com/ubs/board.html
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 13 May 2016, 2:36 pm

I've seen that one before - it's so true of the dodgy colleges I used to have dealings with at work.

Their websites made it sound as if they had spacious accommodation and campuses when the reality was often a couple of rooms above a chip shop.

I'm just off to enrol in arse / elbow differentiation.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:32 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/simon-cowell-turns-detective-find-8290139

The X Factor mogul has joined forces with reporter Mark Williams-Thomas, whose documentary revealed the truth about Jimmy Savile

A source close to him said: “He was introduced to Mark last year and they hit it off. They talked and worked on some ideas.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:55 am

Ye gods, what a dynamic duo these two are likely to be.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 27 Jun 2016, 11:07 am

Could this be the sanitising of Savile .....you know the kind of thing.....not as bad as he seems.....cant remember who but someone represented by Max Clifford stood bail money for Jonathan King!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 27 Jun 2016, 11:27 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 27 Jun 2016, 11:37 am

Well I'm predicting something coming out about the Madeleine McCann case with all of this. (that's where it's leading too)

He (Cowell) would know that it'll be a ratings winner.

But with both him and MW-T involved then I think I can state confidently which direction that that will go in.

"one direction"..... and the complete opposite of the truth.

If indeed they do decide to make something on it.

Will see.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 14 Jul 2016, 7:41 pm

There is a programme on tonight on ITV at 21.00 called The Investigator: A British Crime Story. It's about the case of Carole Packman who disappeared in 1985.

The presenter is dear old MWT (and it's made by Simon Cowell's production company) but despite that it does sound interesting.

I'll put a link to it after it's broadcast.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 14 Jul 2016, 8:12 pm

If you can't wait til 21:00 then here it is on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbp1m_I7frw

Not watched it myself.

Does sound an intriguing case though so another one to catch up on.

Just a shame the clown MWT is in it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:06 am

Not seen it as yet..

But any thoughts so far...

On the case itself, I mean....

Not on MWT being a pratt.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 15 Jul 2016, 8:13 am

I didn't think I'd get past the past few minutes as the images were jumpy and disjointed. That does improve after a while.

I thought that I'd never heard about the case before but, on hearing the details, I know that I must have read about it at some time.

I'll watch it again to try to make a fair assessment of it - difficult with anything involving MWT!

I did notice one problem with the continuity which distracted me. At around 13.00 it's said that the family moved to the area 15 months before Carole disappeared - approx March 1984 then. Samantha was born in October 1968 so she was 15.

However, MWT refers to her as being 12 or 13 when, according to the neighbours, she was left on her own for long periods when her parents were at work.

Then the neighbours say that Samantha came to them and said that "daddy was sleeping with his girlfriend" - the wording and lack of understanding of a much younger child.

Basic errors with dates and ages are avoidable.

Here's a review of the programme.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-07-14/the-investigator-a-british-crime-story-is-too-slick---but-youll-be-hooked-by-the-disappearance-of-carole-packman
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:31 am

Has anyone else watched this yet? It's no longer available on YouTube, coming up as a private video.

Here's an account of the next episode on Thursday.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep2week29/investigator-british-crime-story
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 19 Jul 2016, 2:03 pm

Totally forgot about it.

Not sure if will get round to watching any of it to be fair.

M-WT a big turn off for me. The turnip.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 19 Jul 2016, 2:18 pm

I do know what you mean about MWT but it could be worse - he could be assisted by Lorraine Kelly!

I know I'm a pedantic old git but avoidable errors like the one I mentioned before annoy me and make me wonder what other mistakes there are which are less obvious.

I don't think there has been a case anywhere in modern times where someone has been convicted of murdering a person who later turned up alive and well.

There was this one where the "victim" turned up during the trial.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/apr/11/australia
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next