MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too

+8
chilli
TheTruthWillOut
Emily
AndyB
Andrew
chirpyinsect
Poe
candyfloss
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too Empty Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too

Post  candyfloss Mon 23 May 2016, 8:42 am

Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too

Sun columnist says pair should avoid public spats like the one with Sharon Osbourne

I WOULD hate to be Kate and Gerry McCann. Having to live with the guilt every day that if they had made different choices, Madeleine would still be with them must make their lives almost not worth living.

Although it is nine years since Maddie disappeared as Mum and Dad dined with friends nearby (although not with sight access to their villa), the issue remains burning hot.

Take Sharon Osbourne (please). On her own talk show on the US network CBS, she described the McCanns as “insane” for leaving their children behind as they enjoyed themselves at the Praia da Luz resort in the Algarve.

Ms Osbourne said that on a Mumsnet online thread, 50 per cent of mothers who responded to one post claimed they would never leave their babies unattended in the house.

Correctly, she added: “So many things happen in a second. If you leave a candle on and a curtain blows on it and caught on fire . . . there is no way in a million years you would ever do that.”

What I didn’t enjoy was the McCanns’ response to Ms Osbourne.

They accused her of being “ignorant” and “ill-informed”. In what way?

She was just giving a view — and there are much harsher and more hostile ones if they care to go online.

Further, this anonymous spokesman for the couple said Sharon should have considered the effect on Maddie’s brother and sister and kept her opinions to herself.

Really? Perhaps the McCanns should have thought first about the effect leaving the children alone on that fateful night might have.

The reality is that because the McCanns are medical professionals, they have had a comparatively easy ride.

Had Kate McCann been a single mum from Rochdale, I am sure she would have been charged in Portugal with neglect.

The McCanns would be wise not to be drawn into public spats like this.

A lot of public money is being spent by the Met on hunting for Maddie and on that basis the public are entitled to their view.

That may be painful for the McCanns, but it wasn’t the public that left Maddie alone.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/suncolumnists/7167892/Kelvin-MacKenzie-If-McCanns-want-our-money-they-have-to-take-our-opinions.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too Empty Re: Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too

Post  Poe Mon 23 May 2016, 9:06 am

I hope Mr MacKenzie is braced and ready to be slammed by the McCann friend Smile
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too Empty Re: Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 23 May 2016, 9:17 am

And the shills reckon the tide isn't turning?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 23 May 2016, 9:23 am

No doubt about it, that the tide is turning. And certain people are drowning.

People are starting to queue up now and get things said, that they've been wanting to say for 9 years.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Mon 23 May 2016, 9:43 am

I'd love to know what's happened behind the scenes that's caused this sea change in msm attitudes
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 23 May 2016, 9:49 am

AndyB wrote:I'd love to know what's happened behind the scenes that's caused this sea change in msm attitudes

The McCanns are back to square one. Literally.

They're skint.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 23 May 2016, 10:34 am

Andrew wrote:
AndyB wrote:I'd love to know what's happened behind the scenes that's caused this sea change in msm attitudes

They're skint.

Or whatever was the reason for protecting them has been "attended" to and they have outlived their usefullness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Mon 23 May 2016, 10:38 am

Andrew wrote:

They're skint.

Add Amarals win against them, the MSM can afford to take the risk.
Emily
Emily

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 23 May 2016, 10:56 am

And add that the MSM are struggling financially and could do with a massive sales boosting story, the MSM cannot afford not to take the risk.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 23 May 2016, 11:19 am

Poe wrote:
Emily wrote:
Andrew wrote:

They're skint.

Add Amarals win against them, the MSM can afford to take the risk.

And add that the MSM are struggling financially and could do with a massive sales boosting story, the MSM cannot afford not to take the risk.

Yes absolutely.

If I was a newspaper editor then I would be already spending my bonus/commission (that I knew I would be receiving soon due to a 'massive' story coming up when the sales will go through the roof).
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Mon 23 May 2016, 7:36 pm

They accused her of being “ignorant” and “ill-informed”. In what way?

So close! Should have requested the McCanns inform them of the "true facts". I'd be all ears (or eyes)....
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli Tue 24 May 2016, 12:13 am

Katie Price has now added to the critisism. One of the top stories in the Daily Mail this evening. Sorry can't do the link. She's not my cup of tea but I like her tell it how it is style. She makes mistakes but isn't afraid to admit to them.
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 24 May 2016, 6:26 am

chilli wrote:Katie Price has now added to the critisism.  One of the top stories in the Daily Mail this evening. Sorry can't do the link. She's not my cup of tea but I like her tell it how it is style. She makes mistakes but isn't afraid to admit to them.

What I find irritating is these zlebs who jump on a bandwagon with knack all idea of the whole story. Sure give an opinion and I'm pleased more people are speaking out but so many are now criticising them for leaving their kids but call it a mistake. No a mistake is using hairspray under your arms instead of deodorant.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 24 May 2016, 7:02 am

chilli wrote:Katie Price has now added to the critisism.  One of the top stories in the Daily Mail this evening. Sorry can't do the link. She's not my cup of tea but I like her tell it how it is style. She makes mistakes but isn't afraid to admit to them.

There is a link to the Daily Mail article on the other thread (Sharon Osbourne one).
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 24 May 2016, 7:15 am

chirpyinsect wrote:

What I find irritating is these zlebs who jump on a bandwagon with knack all idea of the whole story. Sure give an opinion and I'm pleased more people are speaking out but so many are now criticising them for leaving their kids but call it a mistake. No a mistake is using hairspray under your arms instead of deodorant.

I can't remember a great deal in regards to the very early days and to be honest didn't really take a keen interest back then.... But in the days of 'Arguido' status and when the press were going for the jugular, then was any of these zlebs discussing it on sofa's back then......

Anybody talking about the dogs findings, which at the time was on the front page of the news... Anyone talking about Brunt's 100% DNA match found which was all over the TV.... Anyone talking about Auntie Phil expecting Kate to be charged with accidental death, which again was in the news......

Did any of these zlebs or other people on TV actually sit on daytime TV with their cuppa's and discuss any of that stuff (and lots more) at the time......

Does anyone know... Cheers.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 24 May 2016, 9:27 am

chirpyinsect wrote:

Katie Price was on Loose Women yesterday when she criticized the McCanns and she was literally reading what she had to say from notes in front of her.

Look at who has been critical so far:

Katie Hopkins - Known for being outspoken and opinionated. She had brain surgery shortly after and the McCanns took no action.

Sharon Osbourne - Known for being outspoken and opinionated. Currently residing in the USA and the McCanns took no action.

Kelvin MacKenzie - Known for being outspoken and opinionated. Published his opinion piece in The Sun and the McCanns have done nothing.

Katie Price - Known for being outspoken and opinionated. Gave her opinion on TV and the McCanns have done nothing (but it's still early days)

If the McCanns come out fighting and threatening legal action now it will backfire because everything so far has been mild criticism and as Kelvin MacKenzie said, "If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too".

To me, these are baby steps. I noticed that Kelvin MacKenzie and one of the Loose Women presenters both stated that the McCanns could not see where they were staying from where they were eating. To use a medical analogy, rather than rip the plaster off in one go, distressing the patient and showing everyone the nasty scab underneath, the media are just tugging at the edges of the plaster, working it loose, to reveal some of the bruising.

IMO.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too Empty Re:Kelvin McKenzie :If the McCann's want our money they have to take our opinions too.

Post  costello Tue 24 May 2016, 9:50 am

This probably amounts to nothing, but worth a mention. I read a comment on fb last night
that  Mr Murdoch may just be mellowing a bit after his marriage to Jerry Hall. She is well known for her love of her children, and is seemingly 'pro Madeleine'.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 24 May 2016, 9:53 am

MacKenzie's not bothered about a spot of libel.. (See his wiki page and the Elton John stuff, amongst others)

So which outspoken person is lined up next I wonder.......

I've noticed as well that a lot of people are still saying the McCann's have deliberately orchestrated all this to focus on the neglect issue (and not other things).

I just genuinely can't see that myself at all.... Can anyone else?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 24 May 2016, 10:15 am

costello wrote:

This probably amounts to nothing, but worth a mention. I read a comment on fb last night
that  Mr Murdoch may just be mellowing a bit after his marriage to Jerry Hall. She is well known for her love of her children, and is seemingly 'pro Madeleine'.

Well at 112 years of age and a feisty blonde tucked up to him at night, then you would certainly think he would be mellowing a bit. Exhausted more like.

It's good that she loves her children.

I wonder how this person knows that she is seemingly 'pro-Madeleine'..... Was she spotted wearing a t-shirt with it on or something or did Mrs Murdoch actually speak to this facebook user.......

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 24 May 2016, 10:16 am

I've never heard anything from Jerry Hall on the subject of the McCanns.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 24 May 2016, 10:23 am

Well you know me Andrew i do like Textusa and whether there is any substance to it you have to say that everyone who has spoken has focused on neglect. The Macs do seem to have the attention of anyone who is anyone and neglect could be away out of this mess in what must becoming a damage limitation excercise. If everywhere you go people must look and mumble behind their hands something along the lines of "look thats Kate/Gerry McCann Maddies mum/dad the ones who lost their daughter" or word like that. Just to end that intensity of speculation must be on the Macs agenda. What better way than to take a tumble for neglect ....after all this time and the exemplary life they now lead ....fund raising, awareness campaigns a professors contribution to modern Cardiology and life saving etc does anyone see a spell in jail or social care for the kids......really. If nothing else neglect is a big fat exit door......watch this space.....

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Kelvin MacKenzie: If the McCanns want our money, they have to take our opinions too Empty Re:Kelvin McKenzie :If the McCann's want our money they have to take our opinions too.

Post  costello Tue 24 May 2016, 10:29 am

Freedom wrote:I've never heard anything from Jerry Hall on the subject of the McCanns.

Nor have I Freedom, I know from twitter Bianca Jagger follows the case.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 24 May 2016, 10:49 am

Andrew wrote:MacKenzie's not bothered about a spot of libel.. (See his wiki page and the Elton John stuff, amongst others)

So which outspoken person is lined up next I wonder.......

I've noticed as well that a lot of people are still saying the McCann's have deliberately orchestrated all this to focus on the neglect issue (and not other things).

I just genuinely can't see that myself at all.... Can anyone else?

I don't think this is orchestrated by the McCanns.

If it was a McCann campaign I would expect to see random celebs trot out the old "we've all done it" and "there but for the grace of God..." etc. whereas this is straight "no-one should leave their kids alone".

In my opinion, this is the media nudging public opinion to be critical of the McCanns and to look at what they actually did rather than an attempt to get sympathy.

Of course I could be wrong because Gerry and Kate have shown themselves to be capable of the most mind-blowing stupidity when left to their own devices but, still, I can't see that they are happy to endure this level of criticism.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 24 May 2016, 10:55 am

Bampots wrote:Well you know me Andrew i do like Textusa and whether there is any substance to it you have to say that everyone who has spoken has focused on neglect. The Macs do seem to have the attention of anyone who is anyone and neglect could be away out of this mess in what must becoming a damage limitation excercise. If everywhere you go people must look and mumble behind their hands something along the lines of "look thats Kate/Gerry McCann Maddies mum/dad the ones who lost their daughter" or word like that. Just to end that intensity of speculation must be on the Macs agenda. What better way than to take a tumble for neglect ....after all this time and the exemplary life they now lead ....fund raising, awareness campaigns a professors contribution to modern Cardiology and life saving etc does anyone see a spell in jail or social care for the kids......really. If nothing else neglect is a big fat exit door......watch this space.....

Suspended sentence at worst. And you have hit the nail squarely on the head Bampots. Starting with the drunk they helped home to the heart attack victim on the plane to Missing Children to guest of honour at Police award ceremony to charity runs and bike rides, to Professorship and all round wonderful doctor, this has been a hang out exercise to soften up the public in case a patsy couldn't be found and they had to take the fall for neglect.
All the McCann bashing and troll labels meted out have been to show they have suffered for their mistake and have been punished enough.
Pity they "hacked off" the press, labelled the truth seekers trolls and took on a man who had their measure from the start.
Mistake...huge mistake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 24 May 2016, 10:56 am

Bampots wrote:Well you know me Andrew i do like Textusa and whether there is any substance to it you have to say that everyone who has spoken has focused on neglect. The Macs do seem to have the attention of anyone who is anyone and neglect could be away out of this mess in what must becoming a damage limitation excercise. If everywhere you go people must look and mumble behind their hands something along the lines of "look thats Kate/Gerry McCann Maddies mum/dad the ones who lost their daughter" or word like that. Just to end that intensity of speculation must be on the Macs agenda. What better way than to take a tumble for neglect ....after all this time and the exemplary life they now lead ....fund raising, awareness campaigns a professors contribution to modern Cardiology and life saving etc does anyone see a spell in jail or social care for the kids......really. If nothing else neglect is a big fat exit door......watch this space.....

I see where your coming from, but for once I slightly disagree with you on this...

I don't see it as damage limitation exercise at all. And if it is then it's just completely backfired. Why would they open up all the neglect stuff again... as it just leads to everything else being put forward when people are allowed to comment on it. Everything else, which they certainly don't want people to know about. More and more people are waking up each day about it all.

To me the tides have turned massively. It wasn't that long ago the word 'neglect' wasn't even being allowed to be used. Now it is and the floodgates have opened wider. Purposely as well but imo not by the McCanns.

Watch this space in terms of what they're allowed to comment on next.........And what happens next...... Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next