The Japanese "Maddie"?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Japanese "Maddie"?

Post  Freedom on Sun 29 May 2016, 10:27 pm

I don't think I can make any repeatable comments here!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3615007/Boy-7-missing-Japanese-mountains-bears-live-LEFT-punishment-parents-tried-claim-got-lost-family-hike.html
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Sun 29 May 2016, 10:47 pm

I cannot believe what I just read. Unbelievable. I sincerely hope the parents get severely punished for this. After 2 days then that poor little boy is probably not going to be found alive. If at all.

How terribly sad.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The Japanese "Maddie"?

Post  Satsuma on Tue 31 May 2016, 7:44 am

Mentioned elsewhere but worth its own thread I think - an intriguing story that doesn't  quite add up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3615007/Boy-7-missing-Japanese-mountains-bears-live-LEFT-punishment-parents-tried-claim-got-lost-family-hike.html

The problem is that nobody knows if he was there in the first place, or if something happened to him while they were all in there together
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 31 May 2016, 9:44 am

Satsuma wrote:Mentioned elsewhere but worth its own thread I think - an intriguing story that doesn't  quite add up

The problem is that nobody knows if he was there in the first place, or if something happened to him while they were all in there together

A valid point and to be fair didn't think of that when first read about it on the Sunday.

Not being 'truthful' from the earliest opportunity is certainly a big red flag anyway.

So the dropping him off, driving 500m then going back for him could obviously be a pack of lies as well... Which it probably is.

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 31 May 2016, 9:52 am

I did wonder that myself.

If this is just an excuse to cover up what really happened (as in a certain other case allegedly) how bad can the actual truth be?
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 6:52 am

As if anybody would take their family for a walk in "bear infested" woods.......
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 7:52 am

So 5 days now and still nothing. No new updates on the news as far as I can see.

We only have the parents word that this actually happened.

I wonder when this boy was last seen by an independent witness.

Yes, Sat - Strange place to take your family for a walk and a picnic.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:08 am

There is mention of an older sister (at least 8 years old then) so she should be able to drop the parents in it (more than they have already done so themselves) if her brother was not with them on that day.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 1:04 pm

Well at the same time we only have the Fathers word again that the older sister was there.

There's something not adding up at all with this story.

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 2:20 pm

... another thing that doesn't add up is that in the reports, the locals say the area is so remote that hardly anyone goes there (or something similar) and yet the Father says the boy was throwing stones at cars passing by... scratch
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:55 pm

I think that with all the publicity the case has attracted, anyone who had stones thrown at them (if this actually happened) will have come forward to confirm it.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:01 am

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/06/02/lack-of-response-from-police-dogs-latest-troubling-development-in-search-for-missing-japanese-boy/

Lack of response from police dogs latest troubling development in search for missing Japanese boy
Casey BaseelCasey Baseel3 hours ago
Comments14

HB 1

With still no sign of the seven-year-old, some are doubting the accuracy of his parents’ account of where he was last seen.

It’s now been five days since Yamato Tanooka, a seven-year-old boy from Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido, was reported missing by his parents. Initially, the child’s father, Takayuki Tanooka and his wife had told police that their son had become lost while on a family outing to gather edible mountain greens. When authorities noticed no such plants were present in the family’s car, though, the parents admitted that they had ordered their son out of their car to discipline him for misbehaving, and that when they returned five minutes later to pick him up, the boy had vanished.

A joint police, fire department, and Japan Self-Defense Forces search party has so far been unable to locate Yamato. Making things especially difficult is that the road where Yamato’s parents say they last saw their son is an isolated forest road, with thick vegetation starting roughly 10 meters (33 feet) from either side of the pavement. The foliage grows high enough to be taller than Yamato himself, which has some searchers worried that, with his visibility impaired, he may have fallen from a cliff that drops off to a marsh below not far from his last known location, as given by his parents.

Also troubling is the ineffectiveness of search dogs in the rescue effort. A police source involved with the search says that dogs have been given Yamato’s scent, but after being taken to the point where Yamato’s parents say he exited their car, the animals make no moves to leave the area. This behavior would suggest that Yamato was never in the place indicated by his parents, which has the source suspecting the pair is misremembering the exact spot where the boy left the vehicle.

This apparently isn’t the first time the memories of Yamato’s parents have been less than perfectly accurate. Initially, they had told authorities that their son was wearing jeans, but later corrected themselves, saying that he had been wearing navy nylon pants when they abandoned him.

Unfortunately, the largely undeveloped environment along the road means there are no security cameras the authorities can refer to footage from in order to confirm where Yamato was let out of the car. As such, the search area is being continually expanded, in hope that Yamato will be found safe.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:01 am

I don't know how reliable that news site is but it certainly is beginning to look that, like another case, nothing about this one is as it seemed to be at first
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:28 am

Not sure, but it's the first article that I've seen that mentions the boy's scent / search dogs and the clothes he was wearing / not wearing.. etc.

Will see if other news outlets report the same later on.

No, nothing in this is what it seems.

I predict a lot more to come out in the wash in the next few days.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 5:50 am

Thankfully a happy ending and the boy has been found alive and well.

http://news.sky.com/story/1706149/missing-boy-left-in-japan-forest-found-alive

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/03/japanese-boy-yamato-tanooka-missing-forest-found-alive-punishment-parents?CMP=fb_gu

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36441612
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Re:The Japanese "Maddie"?

Post  costello on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 8:12 am

That is really good news.
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 8:35 am

costello wrote:That is really good news.

Yes it is.

Although I must admit my own train of thoughts have literally gone a full circle on this...

From originally something very sinister to now just some sort of planned hoax (bit like that balloon boy from years ago).

Or just maybe what's been reported did actually happen and that's the end of it.

Regardless, Just glad the little one is ok.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:48 am

I've just heard the news - delighted of course but I still feel there may be something more to come out.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:33 am

A bit more about it in the DM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3623159/How-seven-year-old-Japanese-boy-Yamato-Tanooka-survived-week-wilderness.html
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 1:05 pm

Are we conditioned now to think everything if this sort is a hoax? I have to admit to those thoughts myself. The father seemed strange when he was speaking at the hospital. Was there a spot of duper's delight or is it just the cultural difference?
I suppose he wouldn't risk prosecution for reckless abandonment would he?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 1:10 pm

Experience has told us to doubt everything - long before the McCanns there were so many cases of people begging to know what had happened to their relatives when they were the ones responsible. 

The doubt I have here is how the lad is so healthy more or less despite having no food for six days. I know that you can survive longer than that if you have water but I'd have thought he'd be in a worse condition.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 6:10 pm

No one is saying how did he know which direction to walk in to get to the hut. He must have kept to the road and eventually come across it - and that would have been before dark on the first day.

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm

I am assuming that it was only by complete chance that he headed in the direction of the hut and found it, he did not know it was there.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm

A = Where his parents left him (allegedly)

B = Where he was found

It's quite remarkable really that this 7 year old boy made his way straight to the hut as soon as his parents dropped him off. Just so happened to be open for him as well with a comfy mattress waiting... Extraordinary slice of luck.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 6:40 pm

You know what the Japanese are like for their endurance tests - you never know they could have been putting him through his paces!
Mo

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top