Who killed Carl Bridgewater?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who killed Carl Bridgewater?

Post  Andrew on Sun 12 Jun 2016, 11:17 am

Never heard of this case either. Just reading about it in today's DM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3636902/Who-REALLY-killed-Carl-Bridgewater-Murder-young-paperboy-40-years-ago-remains-one-country-s-terrible-unsolved-murders-mystery-finally-SOLVED.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgewater_Four
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Re: Who killed Carl Bridgewater?

Post  Freedom on Sun 12 Jun 2016, 11:25 am

Yes, it was a well-known case.

It seemed like another instance where some local undesirables were fitted up in the police's understandable anxiety to solve a horrible crime.

P.S. I'm now reading the Mail article and Professor David Wilson, friend of Mark Williams-Thomas, is involved which inspires me with zero confidence.

Here is the link for the programme when it becomes available.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/interview-with-a-murderer?promo=coming_soon

It happened a month to the day after the disappearance of Genette Tate, another mystery that has yet to be resolved.

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 12:42 pm

I've just watched the programme. I won't say much now to let people make up their own minds but there can be no secret that the person who may have killed Carl was and still is a nasty piece of work.

I had to laugh though when he told David Wilson that he's a nutcase who ought to see a psychiatrist!

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 12:58 pm

I recorded it last night.

Will watch it soon.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 5:41 pm

Yes freedom ,I sat and watched that too. I felt rather quickly he maybe a psyc. Wanted this programn to be made,and controlled it too .He reminded me of some of our parents that lost their daughter. he absalutly felt he was in control .And could lie so well too and feel like he was right. Good thing his first wife at the end told her truth,we sgould see him again ,no doubt in my mind .joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 5:49 pm

.... so who did kill Carl. Still not seen the doc and not heard of the case before until started the thread...
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 6:09 pm

The man in the programme, Bert Spencer, was the original suspect but he was thought to have a cast-iron alibi. Four known criminals were later convicted of the murder but eventually cleared, though not before one of them had died in prison.

Spencer spent 14 years in prison for another murder a year later very near to the first one. The case against him is circumstantial and I don't suppose he will ever be charged with it.

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 6:20 pm

Do you think Bert did it then.....
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 6:28 pm

Only my opinion of course - but yes.

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 7:39 pm

From what read about it (in a very short time), then he (Bert) does seem the prime suspect.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 9:42 pm

I don't understand the alibi issue. His secretary at first said that he had been in the hospital where he worked all day but later said that he could have left at some time without her knowing.  

However, he was an ambulance driver so why would it have been accepted originally that he was there all day?

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 11:28 pm

Yes he did admit that he took a lunch break ,I THINK freedom ,but he was having to rehash things . His first wife said it all ,and he had no real alibi for the times and he knew ,that she knew ,she spille the beans .So I think now he will have something more to answer to.The chap that did the programn pointed out so many things to him,,and he just kept looking him straight in the eyes that and was a bit threatening towards that chap . He sure did a good job on working out in each situation ,and questioned him over again . We shall hear more of this I think. joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 14 Jun 2016, 8:13 am

The murder though was somewhere around 4 p m - not in the lunch hour.

Freedom

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top