MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Times sued by McCanns

+9
KathyBelle
Châtelaine
DarkestDawn
Dee Coy
gbwales
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
candyfloss
dantezebu
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sunday Times sued by McCanns - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunday Times sued by McCanns

Post  Guest Mon 13 Oct 2014, 8:54 pm

Châtelaine wrote:My guess, I repeat my guess, is recreational stuff ...

Well, that might have been the original idea, when an emergency struck he might have been helpful by lending a mobile or so? Lending a key to an empty property? I certainly don't see him as an active helper.

He may have been the type to get in over his head, having miscalculated what kind of people he was involved with.

Do you think he even got a warning that he was to be made arguido? Seemed a really low trick to me and the PJ were not keen on him at all.
Amaral wrote that the British profiler wanted him arrested practically from day one. After JT positively ID him, they could not do anything else but bring him in.

I think Murat knows pretty well what happened, he did say it was the biggest ....up in history, which implies imo that there was 'something' to go wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 13 Oct 2014, 9:08 pm

Indeed and why would Kennedy (Smethurst) feel the need to go see Murat and offer him a job ?

I also see Murat as a convenience.
Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Mon 13 Oct 2014, 9:16 pm

I could be wrong but didn't Murat ask to be made an Arguido? rather than the police making him one didn't Kate want to kill him,didn't Jane T recognize him from the back of a police van? didn't he say it was the biggest f@@k up on the planet? yet his sympathy to the McCann's still stands to this day or so it seems.I wonder what happened to the book his Mum was writing.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann Mon 13 Oct 2014, 9:31 pm

Could he have been fooled, and left feeling the way the priest was? Could he have had an idea who the real suspects were? Before this, in his statement he says that he's never been in trouble with the police for anything, plus the fact that he was a translator. I think I also read he acted as a translator back in England but I'm not sure about that bit. To help with police surely he'd need to have been checked out?
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 13 Oct 2014, 9:47 pm

All the above ^^ two posts plus he was obviously a worry to TM for Kennedy to put the screws on and if i am not mistaken there was some mud stirring concerning his past as well ?
Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Mon 13 Oct 2014, 10:04 pm

He got a lot of compensation from Newspapers and didn't sky news have to put an apology on there web site for 1 years (hidden from view of course) i wonder who his solicitor was and did he make a contribution to the Madeleine fund out of the money he received? his wife also received compensation as did Malinka,sue,sue,sue poor Madeleine has made a lot of people rich.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 Oct 2014, 8:14 am

Lioned wrote:All the above ^^ two posts plus he was obviously a worry to TM for Kennedy to put the screws on and if i am not mistaken there was some mud stirring concerning his past as well ?

Well, that visit was just before the Rothley meeting when government support had simply melted away. Brown offering them a consular level meeting where they expected tea and cakes at nr. 10 imo.

So the lawyers and Kennedy et al were getting the troops in line, so needed to get Murat sorted and make it in his interest to  be on their side as it were.

He eventually got a bigger pay out from the press than the McCs. Treated like a celebrity for a short while, never a cross word even about JT's 'evidence' or that of the Tapas.

What the papers printed about him was dreadful.  Ex employers said he was somebody who was too helpful, butting where he was not wanted, overdoing the 'hail fellow well met'. We all know people like that.
So  Smith remembering him from a few encounters isn't surprising, thick glasses, bit loud and standing out in a crowd.
But complicit in an abduction, faked or not, I don't think so.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:36 am

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Kate-Gerry-McCann-donate-10-000-local-charity/story-23159218-detail/story.html

Here's where a small portion of their most recent award for so-called libel was donated.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:25 pm

Freedom wrote:http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Kate-Gerry-McCann-donate-10-000-local-charity/story-23159218-detail/story.html

Here's where a small portion of their most recent award for so-called libel was donated.

I wonder did Rupert's paper ask them'we knows the £55.000 is yours legally Kate and Gerry would you like us to pay it into your fund or would you like to us to donate some of all of it to a charity of your choice on your behalf,cos you know word is out that you kept the reward money from NOTW,oh well give ten grand to a local Charity.Me and her will turn up for a photo op, and put the other £45.000 in our bank account for Kate's expenses and wages for the work she does for missing people.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 16 Oct 2014, 9:52 am

With the recent events in Leicester then it's not surprising that they begrudgingly handed over 10k to a local charity to try and restore a smidgen of credibility. Far too late for that though.

Was it ever confirmed that the rest went to Ambassador Kate's missing people?

Or just in the Limited Companies bank account. Ready for the next round of legal fee's.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:31 pm

Poppy wrote:
Freedom wrote:http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Kate-Gerry-McCann-donate-10-000-local-charity/story-23159218-detail/story.html

I wonder did Rupert's paper ask them'we knows the £55.000 is yours legally Kate and Gerry  would you like us to pay it into your fund or would you like to us to donate some of all of it to a charity of your choice on your behalf,cos you know word is out that you kept the reward money from NOTW,oh well give ten grand to a local Charity.Me and her will turn up for a photo op, and put the other £45.000 in our bank account for Kate's expenses and wages for the work she does for missing people.    

And what work would that be?  I would like to see an hour by hour run down of everything she's contributed in the way of "work" for the Charity.  I would imagine it would be very short, in fact it would probably fit on a postage stamp.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Oct 2014, 10:57 pm

Châtelaine wrote:My guess, I repeat my guess, is recreational stuff ...

Mine too . . .

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3