MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Clement Freud and links to the McCanns

+24
mumof6
hesla
Inca
AndyB
Bloodhound
niklasericson
dogs don't lie
Mimi
TheTruthWillOut
Dee Coy
bluebell
Châtelaine
froggy
Rob Royston
Poe
joyce1938
Guinea Pig
Andrew
candyfloss
Hope
Bampots
costello
poster
Popcorn
28 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Sir Clement Freud and links to the McCanns - Page 12 Empty Re:Sir Clement Freud exposed as a paedophile as police urged to probe Madeleine McCann links.

Post  costello Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:06 pm

Andrew wrote:The 'map' that Justine conveniently left somewhere as well.... Or am I thinking of something else?

Our posts crossed Andrew. I remember Justine left the map down the side of the sofa, but she seemed to conveniently alert the Portuguese police before she left for England.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Sir Clement Freud and links to the McCanns - Page 12 Empty Re: Sir Clement Freud and links to the McCanns

Post  bluebell Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:09 pm

Sir Clement Freud and links to the McCanns - Page 12 Luz-lagos_zps35be42b2

Shows Boavista Gold Course and Spa, the green bit !

Putting this in as there were quite a few phone pings to/from this area from G and/or K.
Just for ref and interest, but may have no relevance I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Sir Clement Freud and links to the McCanns - Page 12 Empty Re: Sir Clement Freud and links to the McCanns

Post  Hope Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:16 pm

It is very relevant, bluebell, I will post on the other topic.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:19 pm

bluebell wrote:Sir Clement Freud and links to the McCanns - Page 12 Luz-lagos_zps35be42b2

Shows Boavista Gold Course and Spa, the green bit !

Putting this in as there were quite a few phone pings to/from this area from G and/or K.  
Just for ref and interest, but may have no relevance I suppose.

Also the small habitation on the extreme left, inland of PDL, is Espiche, where Gerry was allegedly spotted entering a villa in the letter referenced by Andrew earlier. As well as sundry other connections to the case.

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 17 Jun 2016, 9:45 pm

candyfloss wrote:How Clement Freud invited Kate and Gerry McCann for lunch after Madeleine disappeared

Kate and Gerry McCann were two months into the search for their missing daughter Madeleine when they received a letter out of the blue.
It was from Sir Clement Freud, inviting them for a meal at his holiday home in Praia da Luz, a short drive from the Ocean Club, where Madeleine had vanished on May 3, 2007.

“I’m embarrassed to admit that Gerry and I thought this letter was a hoax,” Mrs McCann wrote in her book, Madeleine.

Gerry McCann phoned the number on the letter, discovered it was not a prank, and the next day the McCanns were at Freud’s villa with their twins Sean and Amelie, plus three friends who had stayed in Portugal to help them.

Freud, 83, broke the ice by offering them strawberry vodka.
“I’m usually very intimidated by people with brains the size of planets,” wrote Mrs McCann, “but Clement was incredibly warm, funny and instantly likeable.”
He cooked a “bloody marvellous” meal of watercress and egg salad followed by a chicken and mushroom risotto, “the best risotto we’ve ever tasted before or since”.
Mrs McCann wrote: “Clement cheered us up with his lugubrious wit, and would continue to do so by email after his return to England.”
By August 31, after spending a few weeks in England, Freud was back in Portugal and called Gerry McCann as soon as he arrived.

Freud made a joke out of newspaper reports that Mr McCann was close to a breakdown. “Thank God for people like Clement who kept us smiling,” Mrs McCann wrote.

On the day the McCanns were formally made suspects in the investigation in September 2007, they had been due to go to dinner at Freud’s house again, but cancelled it.

Nevertheless, he rang them at 9.50pm that night to invite them for a drink, while warning them: “You’ll have to forgive my night-time attire.”
Mrs McCann recalled: “We found Clement watching a cookery programme, dressed, as promised, in his nightshirt. It was so ordinary and comforting, a bit like going to see your grandad after a horrible day at school.

“He gave me one of his looks and a giant glass of brandy, and managed to get a smile out of me with his greeting: ‘So, Kate, which of the devout Catholic, alcoholic, depressed, nymphomaniac parts is correct?’

“His response to our catalogue of horrors was merely to raise an eyebrow. Clement had this way of making everything seem a little less terrible. When he heard about the [sniffer] dogs [which had indicated the scent of death in the McCann’s hire car], he remarked laconically, ‘So what are they going to do? Put them on the stand? One bark for yes, two for no?’

“He was right, of course; it was ridiculous. A couple of hours later, fortified by our brandies (it was my first-ever taste of the stuff), some useful snippets of advice and several amusing anecdotes, we left our friend feeling quite a bit better than we had when we’d arrived.”

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/how-clement-freud-invited-kate-and-gerry-mccann-for-lunch-after-madeleine-disappeared

Very interesting. Freud is using the language of minimizing and trivializing. Just like the McCanns do.

Hmmm........

Also, if he had a villa in Luz I find it impossible to believe that there would not be connecting factors with some of the other players in this drama. I don't know how often he went there but Brits abroad often have networks of friends out there, even if just other villa owners. And there will be bars and restaurants that they frequent.

And of course Freud is very closely linked with all sorts of establishment figures not least the Murdoch link.

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:06 pm

Bampots wrote:Spot on C12....i didnt put disposal in the mix but it fits the theory. What about this for a leap in the dark....CF along with the likes of Cyril Smith are deep undercover agents of the secret services along with a certain someone who tweets like mad and has an unhealthy support for two suspects in a child crime. Hence we have a conduit for manuals,a location to bring chemicals (acid) and protective clothing in to clean flat and dispose of waste from cleanup ....in fact a day to day headquarters ....which both you and Mimi have pointed out they jogged passed(who the f&ck jogs when your daughter goes missing!?).

I don't think that is too far-fetched. I think they are all players in the drama in one way or another. Jim Gamble's role has been a real shocker though. So unprofessional, apart from anything else.

But really the 'supporters', apart from a few at the beginning who I think were just gullible (Beckham?) are all apologists for child abuse, imo. Because even if the McCann's only 'crime' was to leave the children alone, which - astonishingly - they appear to believe is entirely without risk,
then that is still neglect. The FACT that they are prepared to admit to leaving the children without a babysitter (whether or not it is true) suggests to me that what really happened is far, far worse than that.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:35 pm

canada12 wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:Here's our patsy, alright. Why else would the media pick up on the McCann's tenuous connection when this would affect so many other important people?

Doesn't matter that he was 83 - they'll find a way to make it fit imo. He's dead and cannot answer back, he was local to PDL. None of the other attempts at pinning a patsy have been strong enough to stick. Is this OG's final remaining line of investigation we have been told about ?

What was Freud's location that week, any concrete evidence that puts him elsewhere?

I doubt he was interested in 3 year old's. His preferences lay in girls aged 10 and older. However a diligent police inquiry might check into whether his house was available for "friends" to stay at in his absence...and whether he was known to host parties or gatherings... and who his "friends" were... and whether or not they happened to be in PDL when Madeleine went missing.

Birds of a feather flock together. A 10 year old girl is still very much a child.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:43 pm

Dee Coy wrote:

Oh my god, perhaps not a patsy, perhaps he was involved.

For years we have been trying to pick at why we have seen the unprecedented support for the McCanns, why the apparent protection, why the cover-up. What could have been so enormous that the truth could never be allowed to emerge? Some people hinted at the P word, but that would mean someone very high profile who had an interest in such depravity must be involved. But no-one could pinpoint such a VIP being present in Luz at the time.

Until now. Now we have an exposed paedophile who resided there. He's been hidden in plain sight all along, we just never knew of his predilection. Hope and others have shown us his connections to the very highest echlons. Was he part of a VIP paedophile ring?

Obviously all speculation and theory.

I think that this is what this case is about - at least a large part of it. Heck, even TM think that Madeleine's disappearance is to do with paedophiles. But, as stated above, many are hidden in plain sight all along. Look at Jimmy Saville.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:57 pm

Popcorn wrote:Having watched the programme yesterday evening, Madeleine does not fit the profile of Freud's victims (so far). His victims – of which three have come forward so far – have been pubescent or older. Of course, victims can vary and 'tastes' can evolve. However the programme did show that Freud preyed on girls who were easily accessible to him. I think in all three cases he knew their parents.
According to Kate, they did not meet Freud until after Madeleine disappeared. Freud's modus operandi does not seem to have been abducting the toddlers of total strangers from unguarded apartments.

Indeed. And it is not the modus operandi of any paedophiles I would imagine. Far more likely to be hidden in plain sight as an upstanding member of the community, with access to young children (teacher/doctor/scout master/celebrity for instance). They are the ones who can get away with it because they are supposedly 'respectable and therefore trustworthy. Plus they will have friends in high places some of whom will share their interests.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:24 pm

And if Cyril Smith is anything to go by(police were told to release him remember!) then Clement Freud who by the way shared an office with Smith,would have been afforded the same protection. Thus someone like Clarence Mitchell,safe government job good career would jump ship for what.....to look after the parents of a child who may turn up next week?? Come on,and why would Jim Gamble take such a los lose situation to his heart??

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:34 pm

Andrew wrote:@mimi - a few posts back.

Yes - it is the same villa.

Clement sold it to Andy Wright in 2002, but continued to stay/rent it out for periods afterwards.

Paul Wright is Andy's brother.

Ah - thanks for the confirmation Andrew. I`m still catching up with a few things I`ve missed.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:35 pm

unreorganised wrote:
Hope wrote:Just remembered reading that Freud did a monologue on a Wings album and was on the cover.

Heather Mills lost her self control on GMTV with Fiona Philipps and seemed to be threatening Paul about all she knew and defended Kate,very strange.

I will try and find more tomorrow.

Er... you do know where Paul popped the question to his first wife, yes?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/when-paul-brought-linda-to-our-house-paul-and-linda-special-silver-wedding-souvenir-issue-1428276.html

Intereresting - who is this journalist I wonder?

I find Paul McCartney creepy. Maybe not when younger but since his mature days - perhaps since Linda died? He is as tight as a tick with money. Ditto Mick Jagger - okay when younger but creepy as hell these days. And again, as mean as sin with regards to money.

ETA: This story would confirm this: he woos Linda in someone else's private villa and arrives with no money. His host even has to pay for the taxi!

A taxi driver was waiting for his fare, so I paid him.

Last edited by poster on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:39 pm

Châtelaine wrote:
Mimi wrote:

In Gerry`s blogs for Sept 4th he says they visited a friend for dinner - is that the CF night? Cos they took the kids and the kids had banana splits.
IIRC that was with PJ Ricardo Paiva. Sorry, don't have the time to check ...

Thanks Chatelaine

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 18 Jun 2016, 12:39 am

"This journalist" is Hunter Davis,who amongst other things wrote the only biography(authorised) of the Beatles. He claims to be mates still with Paul........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/10078829/Beatles-lyrics-I-saved-from-the-bin-are-my-gift-to-the-nation.html

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sat 18 Jun 2016, 8:40 am

More headlines this morning.

How Clement Freud raped me - and why I'm CERTAIN he knew what happened to Maddie: Tortured victim groomed by paedophile MP at the age of 14 says she 'wouldn't be surprised' if he was linked to McCann's disappearance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3647464/How-Clement-Freud-raped-m-CERTAIN-knew-happened-Maddie-Tortured-victim-groomed-paedophile-MP-age-14-says-wouldn-t-surprised-linked-disappearance.html

Is some one linking this to Madeleine,or is it spin the dead patsy many have waited for?
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 18 Jun 2016, 8:50 am

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton ·

Anyone who studies #McCann case knows it is full of distractions. Is Freud another one? It's easy to pin numerous things on a dead 'paedo'.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 18 Jun 2016, 7:18 pm

zane želěti ‏@zodiaczephyr · 6m6 minutes ago

@kathleenhammet1 @Lady_LeFaye @McCannCaseTweet Phone records show a call from G #McCann s mobile to to Freud on 3/7
http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/kehrtwende.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sat 18 Jun 2016, 7:34 pm

candyfloss wrote:

zane želěti ‏@zodiaczephyr  · 6m6 minutes ago  

@kathleenhammet1 @Lady_LeFaye @McCannCaseTweet Phone records show a call from G #McCann s mobile to to Freud on 3/7
http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/kehrtwende.html

Its unclear whether the calls were to Cf or PW.

According to the Daily Mail Kate writes, that the old man invited them for lunch in July and he "broke the ice" with a strawberry vodka. Nice gesture, at least he had a fridge.

The main owner of the hut is a Philip Wright who owns a doubleglazing installation business and who was friends with Clement Freud through regional and political connections. He orginiates from Ely, roughly 5 miles from Soham. His brother Andrew is a councillor there and knew Clement Freud from his time as an MP in this constituency.

His number was called by Gerry McCann's mobile 4 times, twice in Juli and twice in September. The first time on July 3rd at 21:19. We all know that lunch is taken very late in the South.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Jun 2016, 7:36 pm

CF "broke the ice"?
Is this an obscure reference to something else? What else would you need ice for? Freezing? Preservation?

I think that the mention of a "letter" is important. It's provides physical proof of an invitation - Exhibit A, shall we say.

What if there was a suspicion that Kate and Gerry's DNA or fingerprints might have been found in CF's villa?

What if they had been there sometime earlier - say before May 3?

What if they really needed to come up with a fast explanation for their DNA and fingerprints to be there, just in case the forensics people decided to pay a visit?

Voila - a written invitation - Exhibit A - inviting them round (quickly - before next Wednesday).

So Gerry and Kate trot round to CF's villa and enjoy some strawberry vodka.

If the forensics people show up any time after that date, of course they will find Kate and Gerry's fingerprints and DNA. But they will have no way of knowing when those findings were deposited.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:12 pm

I'd say that Antonella Lazzeri is treading on very thin ice by suggesting that Robert Murat was acquainted with Clement Freud.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:28 pm

Unless she can prove otherwise?

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:33 pm

We've been focussing on Kate and Gerry and CF.
What about David Payne and CF?
Let's go back to the Gaspar Statements.
Is David Payne the connection...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:47 pm

The latest Sun article in full: (but go to earlier link for pictures as well)

'PLOUGH AND PAEDO' Clement Freud drank with Madeleine McCann suspect. . . and at perv pub with child sex beast ‘DJ Shifty’
Freud was on 'nodding terms' with former suspect in tot's disappearance as well as being a regular at a pub 'for paedos'

EXCLUSIVE
BY ANTONELLA LAZZERI 18th June 2016, 8:27 pm

PAEDOPHILE Clement Freud regularly drank at a pub frequented by the former prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

He and Robert Murat were on “nodding terms” at the Pigs Head, according to the landlord of the boozer in Portugal.

Paedo Freud…drank with former prime suspect in McCanns case
Freud, who was unmasked as a child abuser last week, was also a regular at a pub in Praia da Luz dubbed The Plough and Paedophile.

The fact Freud and Murat knew each other is one in a series of odd links that the dead former Liberal MP had to the McCanns.

He had also entertained Gerry and Kate at his house in the days after Madeleine disappeared in 2007.

Murat, 43, lived close to the apartment where the three-year-old was snatched. He was named a as a suspect by Portuguese police, but later cleared of any involvement. And Freud’s Casa da Colina villa in the resort is a few hundred yards from a key sighting of Madeleine.

A Brit said that he saw a man carrying a little girl in the early hours of May 4, 2007.

The villa is also dwarfed by a huge hill that Kate, 47, was once convinced was where Madeleine was buried and begged cops to have it searched.

Robert Hurst, landlord of the Pigs Head, said: “I find that really odd. I can’t imagine why he would suddenly want to invite them to his house.

“At the time Madeleine went, all hell was going on. Police everywhere, people just stunned and he’s straight in there having them over to dinner.

“When it came out this week that he was a paedophile, it made you wonder what he was up to?”

Freud, who was revealed in an ITV documentary to have abused girls as young as ten, also visited the nearby Plough and Harrow.

Missing ‘DJ Shifty’…went on run and is still being hunted
It was nicknamed the Plough and Paedophile after a Brit working there dubbed DJ Shifty went on the run when cops tried to speak to him over alleged grooming and child sex abuse images.

Christian Ridout, 32, whose parents owned the bar and lived next door to Murat, has never been traced.

In her book about Madeleine, Kate told how Freud, then 83, sent a letter out of the blue inviting them to his house for a meal.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next