MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The murder of Jo Cox M P

+18
Guinea Pig
PMR
chrissie
AndyB
Mo
joyce1938
Dee Coy
costello
chirpyinsect
froggy
Heisenburg
Me
candyfloss
Andrew
Mimi
Châtelaine
bluebell
Bampots
22 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The murder of Jo Cox M P  - Page 4 Empty Re: The murder of Jo Cox M P

Post  Châtelaine Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:27 pm

So true. We're all different. When my first husband unexpectedly died [he was only 43 and I was 30] I found myself concentrating on organisation. At his funeral, I was comforting family and friends, who were crying. The next day I went back to work. However, it's taken me a good 3 years to be able to talk about him without crying.

Oh AND, when he died [early hours of a Friday 13th] I did NOT call my parents [or anyone else as for that matter], but waited until 7am to phone my brother and ask him to go and see them and bring the bad news in person ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 04 Oct 2016, 11:53 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 14 Nov 2016, 5:45 pm

The trial has now started.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37978582
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:19 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3960290/Man-accused-murdering-MP-Jo-Cox-NOT-evidence-defence-trial-told.html

An alleged far-Right extremist accused of murdering Labour MP Jo Cox has opted not to give evidence in his defence.
Thomas Mair, 53, allegedly shot and stabbed the mother-of-two as she arrived at Birstall library, near Leeds, for a surgery a week before the EU referendum.
The Old Bailey has heard Mair shouted 'Britain first' during the brutal attack, had a stash of neo-Nazi material at his home in the West Yorkshire town and had collected a dossier on his 41-year-old Remain campaigning MP.

At the conclusion of the prosecution case, his lawyer Simon Russell Flint, QC, told the trial that the defendant would not be going into the witness box.
He said he called no evidence on behalf of Mair.

Judge Mr Justice Wilkie told the jury that they could draw inferences from Mair's silence.
He denies Mrs Cox's murder, possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence and possession of an offensive weapon - a dagger.
Mair also pleads not guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent to pensioner Bernard Kenny when he tried to stop the attack on Mrs Cox in June 16.
The trial, which is due to last up to three weeks, continues.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:37 am

Incorrect reporting. He doesn't deny anything, he refused to enter a plea. It will be interesting to see what defence, if any, is put forward.

edit  According to the Guardian today, he is going to offer no defence.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:09 pm

Thomas Mair, who is accused of murdering the Labour MP Jo Cox, has opted not to give evidence in his defence at the Old Bailey.

The jury was told that Mair had declined to appear as a witness in the trial. Simon Russell Flint QC said the defence would offer no other evidence.

If that doesn't sound suss I don't know what does. I still do not believe anything about this case.

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:37 pm

Given that no plea was entered and no defence is offered, I can't see why the trial is not stopped and proceed straight to the sentence.
Although murdering an MP is not a reason to be certified, the guy clearly has mental issues which need to be addressed.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:49 pm

froggy wrote:Given that no plea was entered and no defence is offered, I can't see why the trial is not stopped and proceed straight to the sentence.
Although murdering an MP is not  a reason to be certified, the guy clearly has mental issues which need to be addressed.

Patsy?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:57 pm

I know that there are some problems with the accounts of the events surrounding the murder and the way that no evidence is being given on behalf of the defence is setting off alarm bells.

However, why would anyone want to kill an obscure M P - whom nobody outside her family and local constituency has ever heard of - and then stitch the local weirdo up for it?

Actually, saying that, I'm reminded of Jill Dando!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 22 Nov 2016, 1:46 pm

There could be several agendas at play. Jo Cox was pro Palestine, was going to vote on a ban on Israeli goods, had connections to the Browns, wanted more asylum seekers to be admitted to UK, had connections to The White Helmets etc. Perm any four from ten. Not saying any of those was a reason, nor that she was paraded as the poster girl for Remain which could have been to try to sway the public away from Brexit. but the whole thing has the fingerprints of a false flag, including the apparent setting up of TM.
I was afraid that TM had been marked as the patsy and his mental health state would mean he would struggle to convince anyone of his innocence, but now I feel he has perhaps received some incentive to take the fall. Either that or his "guilt" will cause his demise in prison.
I am actually sick and tired of the way we now cannot believe anything we see or hear. It's not just the media who manipulate the truth. I would stake my house on this not being what we are led to believe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 23 Nov 2016, 11:49 am

Jo Cox murder trial: Jury retires to consider verdicts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38077826
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:07 pm

Andrew wrote:Jo Cox murder trial: Jury retires to consider verdicts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38077826
Won't take them long. Guilty as charged. Sentencing withheld for background reports. In the new year, sentenced to be held indefinitely in Broadmoor. Dies in prison in 2017.

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:31 pm

Guilty

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-11-23/thomas-mair-jo-cox-murder-trial-verdict/

Far right fanatic Thomas Mair found guilty of murdering MP Jo Cox
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:39 pm

chrissie wrote:Guilty

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-11-23/thomas-mair-jo-cox-murder-trial-verdict/

Far right fanatic Thomas Mair found guilty of murdering MP Jo Cox

Only took 1and a half hours.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:45 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:47 pm

The time between the murder and the trial was also unusually short - June to November the same year.

Most cases take a year or even longer to be heard.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:58 pm

Andrew wrote:That was quick then.

Here's Sky (and Martin Twunt)

http://news.sky.com/story/thomas-mair-found-guilty-of-jo-cox-murder-10668829

Could she really have said this after being stabbed 15 times and being shot 3 times with hollow point bullets at point blank range?

Her constituency caseworker Sandra Major told jurors during the trial: "He was making motions towards us with the knife and Jo was lying in the road and she shouted out 'get away, get away you two. Let him hurt me. Don't let him hurt you'."

Not forgetting she also said to her assistant who told her to get up. "I can't. My pain is too great."

Last edited by chirpyinsect on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:42 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 23 Nov 2016, 3:30 pm

Now that is a surprise. I felt sure that the sentence would be postponed until after psychiatric reports were received.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38079594#"
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 23 Nov 2016, 4:16 pm

Sorry only to arrive when it's all over,  I tried following the trial in MSM but of course little was said, and even fewer details given.

Anyway just c/p'd this bit which seemed to be  what everything hinged on to prove his character background and tendencies.     Neutral
Not a lot really, nor unusually extreme imo - but what do I know.     Suspect

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jo-cox-mp-trial-thomas-mair-third-reich-eagle-remain-eu-articles-a7429911.html

As the second week of Mr Mair’s trial began, Old Bailey jurors were o shown a series of photographs showing items found inside his council house after his arrest.

PC Nicholas Russell, who was the first officer through his door just after 2pm on 16 June, said he heard a colleague shout “look at this” and was rushed over to a small bookshelf beside a single bed.

“I saw on a few of the shelves the subject matter was of German military history,” he said in a statement read to the court.

“On top of the bookcase was a small gold-coloured ornament of a Third Reich eagle with a swastika on it.”

The books, the jury heard, included ‘March of the Titans: A history of the white race’, ‘The German Home Front 1939-45’ and ‘The politics of the Holocaust’.

He also allegedly had newspaper articles about Mrs Cox, a printout biography from her website and a quote from her that read: “I believe the patriotic choice is to vote for Britain to remain inside the EU.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 23 Nov 2016, 4:21 pm

He also allegedly had newspaper articles about Mrs Cox, a printout biography from her website and a quote from her

Allegedly?

He either did or he didn't.... scratch

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 23 Nov 2016, 4:24 pm

There have been many murderers who have comitted a sole act and receive paltry sentences and very, very rarely whole life ones. Surprised too by the speed of sentencing but there again, it adds to my suspicions. I hope the last part of my prophecy is all part of the act should it come to fruition. Or at least I hope so if TM is innocent.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 23 Nov 2016, 4:24 pm

bluebell wrote:Sorry only to arrive when it's all over,  I tried following the trial in MSM but of course little was said, and even fewer details given.

Anyway just c/p'd this bit which seemed to be  what everything hinged on to prove his character background and tendencies.     Neutral
Not a lot really, nor unusually extreme imo - but what do I know.     Suspect

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jo-cox-mp-trial-thomas-mair-third-reich-eagle-remain-eu-articles-a7429911.html

As the second week of Mr Mair’s trial began, Old Bailey jurors were o shown a series of photographs showing items found inside his council house after his arrest.

PC Nicholas Russell, who was the first officer through his door just after 2pm on 16 June, said he heard a colleague shout “look at this” and was rushed over to a small bookshelf beside a single bed.

“I saw on a few of the shelves the subject matter was of German military history,” he said in a statement read to the court.

“On top of the bookcase was a small gold-coloured ornament of a Third Reich eagle with a swastika on it.”

The books, the jury heard, included ‘March of the Titans: A history of the white race’, ‘The German Home Front 1939-45’ and ‘The politics of the Holocaust’.

He also allegedly had newspaper articles about Mrs Cox, a printout biography from her website and a quote from her that read: “I believe the patriotic choice is to vote for Britain to remain inside the EU.”
Oh how very convenient.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 23 Nov 2016, 4:35 pm

Has the husband aspirations for a job on a podium. Very confident is he.
Don`t like him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jo-coxs-husband-brands-thomas-9317637

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 23 Nov 2016, 5:09 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content