The Sun 22/06/16 - 'It could have been me'

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sun 22/06/16 - 'It could have been me'

Post  Andrew on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 6:44 pm

Might as well start a separate thread for some new guff to come out...

... I say new - It's a non-story from 22 years ago but hey ho.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategorized/1325677/chilling-echoes-of-madeleine-mccann-as-mum-tells-how-an-intruder-tried-to-snatch-her-from-her-cot-at-portugal-resort/

'IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME' Chilling echoes of Madeleine McCann as mum tells how an intruder tried to snatch her from her cot at Portugal resort
Nicole Shuttleworth was aged three when her parents foiled Algarve kidnapper 13 years before McCann case

EXCLUSIVE
BY FELIX ALLEN  22nd June 2016, 5:51 pm

A WOMAN who was saved from a child snatcher in Portugal 13 years before Madeleine McCann went missing has revealed: “It could easily have been me.”

Nicole Shuttleworth, 25, was just three years old when her mum woke to see a dark intruder reaching into her cot in their Algarve hotel room.

Nicole Shuttleworth bore a striking resemblance to Madeleine McCann aged three
Her case has chilling echoes of Madeleine, who was also three when she vanished from her parents’ holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007.

Nine years on, Madeleine is still missing and the police seem no closer to serving the mystery.

But in 1994, Nicole was holidaying with her cleaner mum Lilian and painter decorator dad Stephen in Albufeira, 45 minutes away from Praia Da Luz.

Nicole Shuttleworth
An intruder tried to grab Nicole Shuttleworth from her cot in an Algarve resort 45 minutes from Praia da Luz in 1994
Nicole Shuttleworth
Nicole was on a family holiday in Albufeira when the intruder sneaked into their hotel room
Photos show the blonde youngster bore a striking resemblance to Madeleine at the time the pervert tried to snatch her.

One night Lilian, now 53, woke up to a dark male figure standing over Nicole’s cot reaching in to grab her.

Lilian let out a “blood-curdling scream” which woke her husband Stephen, now 58, who chased the intruder off.

As there was no sign of a break in, the family believed the would-be abductor used hotel keys to enter their room – something the hotel denied.

RELATED STORIES

MADDIE VIGIL 'After nine years, we don't want another one': McCanns desperate to find Madeleine on ninth anniversary

HOUSE OF SHAME Inside the £1m Praia da Luz villa where paedo Clement Freud hosted McCanns days after Maddie vanished

MADDIE LEAD Madeleine McCann cops 'did nothing' about Clement Freud connection... Despite victim warning them

VILE MADDIE DRAG ACT Singer 'drinks blood from Madeleine McCann doll' and vows to reveal 'what really happened'
The shaken family moved to another hotel that day as they could not bear to stay in the room after what happened.

In 2007, when the family heard of the devastating news of Madeline McCann, they got in touch with investigators to offer up information in case there was a link with their experience.

Incredibly, despite contacting them twice they only got a call back eight years later.

Today Nicole is a mum herself to son Charlie, 15 months, and wants to share her story to warn other parents.

Nicole said: “I remember snippets, but my mum and dad filled me in.

“We shudder at the thought of what might have happened had my mum never woken up.

Nicole Shuttleworth
Nicole Shuttleworth wants to warn other parents to be vigilant
“As a mum, to wake up to an empty cot would be agonising.

“A dark figure was watching over my cot and reaching in touching me. My mum let out a blood curdling scream and woke my dad who chased them away.

“When news broke about Maddie we were all in shock. We wanted to offer as much info as we could.

“We were so surprised no one contacted us back, we only received a call back eight years later.

“My heart goes out to the McCanns. It is a lot to go through for any family, but their result was a lot more devastating than ours.

“People must be aware of the dangers that are there home or away. We must look out and after our children.

“I am so blessed that I am here to share this horror story.”

In April, Scotland Yard said its £11m Operation Grange probe into Madeleine’s disappearance would end within months as detectives have run out of leads to follow.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun 22/06/16 - 'It could have been me'

Post  AndyB on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 7:20 pm

Andrew wrote:'IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME'
Have not of
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  canada12 on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 7:48 pm

Maybe this is where Kate and Gerry got the idea to claim "Abduction!"...
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:02 pm

An intruder tried to grab Nicole Shuttleworth from her cot in an Algarve resort 45 minutes from Praia da Luz in 1994

Ah so this predator took 13 years to get from Albufeira to PDL. He had quickened his pace a bit by 2007 as he only took 45 mins to get from the OC to where the Smiths saw him.
This reminds me of the fake child snatching gang of Romanian waiters in Cyprus last year. Smacks of TM desperation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:07 pm

It's another bullsh!t story being peddled out.

It never happened. Just like the McCanns abduction fairytale.

So I guess it is very similar actually....

They both never happened.

Next.............. @the Sun.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:14 pm

Jeez ... !
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm

Getting a distinct whiff of essence  'Eau de Pink'  Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:31 pm

What did Clarence say on his blog/blag thing... What to do when up against the wall or some similar tosh.

So what you do... is make up a story from over 2 decades ago. Link it to Madeleine. Stick it in the Sun. Then sit back and think just maybe some sap out there might believe it.

Drawing board back out again Clare.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Re:The Sun 22/06/16 - 'It could of been me'

Post  costello on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:41 pm

I can't help but wonder if some news is on the horizon.
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 8:56 pm

costello wrote:I can't help but wonder if some news is on the horizon.

Supreme court ruling I reckon.

Must be due very soon.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 9:38 pm

AndyB wrote:
Andrew wrote:'IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME'
Have not of

Yes, thanks Andy for pointing that out. Just noticed now.

Maybe you could have a word with the fab mods here and get it changed.

Was in a bit of rush earlier when posted it. But many thanks for the correction.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 10:12 pm

costello wrote:I can't help but wonder if some news is on the horizon.

Good day to bury any news on Friday,with the eu vote being all that will be in the news.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm

Delighted to correct the grammar as requested. That doesn't jump out at me as much as apostrophes in plurals and verbs though!

As to the "story" - what an unmitigated load of shoe repairers.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 3:16 am

As I said a few times now, the outcome of the Referendum either way will be bitter, especially if the result is close. I am a total cynic about election results. Bush Jr 'winning' in 2000 thanks to antics in Florida where his brother was Governer finished me off.

To quote Mark Twain 'If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it'.

Cameron could be fighting to stay as PM if LEAVE win, if it's close there still could be a vote of no confidence.

Someone at the top,TPTB, decided this was the week to release the Freud information.
C Freud had,and his family still have, links to many well known names that have spoken or written about this case.

Was it a warning shot that whoever loses should accept it gracefully? Or if all hell breaks loose what a time for OG to make their move?
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:05 pm

This could be a rerun of a story from a few years ago.

It sounds very familiar - not just because all tabloid McCann stories are bonkers - but because of the yarn about a child nearly abducted years ago (and apparently not reported at the time) which I'm sure I've read before.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm

N.M
‏@AdirenM
As I suspected, no formal complaint about an attempted sexual attack in Albufeira hotel was ever presented to police auth. in 1994.
#McCann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:47 pm

What was a 3 year old, normal size from pictures, doing in a cot?
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:00 am

Fie on you Hope for not believing every word of this story!

Here it is almost word for word in The Mail but with an added photo of Nicole while on the actual holiday. Needless to say she looks nothing like Madeleine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3656264/Woman-reveals-mother-saved-abducted-cot-intruder-13-years-McCann-case.html
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 10:05 am

Freedom wrote:This could be a rerun of a story from a few years ago.

It sounds very familiar - not just because all tabloid McCann stories are bonkers - but because of the yarn about a child nearly abducted years ago (and apparently not reported at the time) which I'm sure I've read before.  

It sounds familiar to me too but it could be because the McCanns have been recycling the same two or three burglar/intruder/sighting stories, with a few tweaks here and there, for almost a decade.

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 1:14 pm

It's in the public domain so I'll put a link here to Nicole Shuttleworth's Facebook page. Unusually anyone can comment there, you normally have to be a friend of the person.

She has posted both the Sun and Mail stories and there are comments on the former.

https://www.facebook.com/nshuttleworth1?fref=ts
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 5:38 pm

"Because i only contacted someone last month, as we were told not to contact anyone from Scotland Yard as it could have jeopardised any case or investigations they had xx"

That's a comment she left in response to a question about why the story is only coming out now.
Does this mean she got the Go Ahead from SY to run with her story? Does this mean SY are not worried about her claim jeopardising the investigation anymore? Or would it be the usual case, that something is brewing in Portugal.
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:10 pm

Always a dark man in these hotel rooms!

It reads like whoever she told last month told her not to contact SY, appalling use of construction of sentences.
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:30 pm

Hope wrote:Always a dark man in these hotel rooms!

It reads like whoever she told last month told her not to contact SY, appalling use of construction of sentences.

Yea it reads that way but I don't think that's what she meant. A couple of commas wouldn't have gone amiss. I won't critise too harshly, my grammar can be atrocious Embarassed Very Happy
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:34 pm

I can't access the comments off her FB page. Not sure if it's because on phone or a non-member.

Either or she is full of crap (imo).

And she would of got paid nicely for her story (again, imo)
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:03 pm

She's denying she got paid anything. She said she Was given a timeframe of when she could contact or be contacted by the media. Said her father contacted the police when Madeleine went missing and they were contacted by the police 6 years later Shocked The more of her messages I read the more crazy it seems.
I'm not saying it didn't happen but I get the feeling they were prompted to publish it at this time.
There is some girl called Lorraine asking her some fairly good questions and being very nice to her, to be fair but making no headway.
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum