The European Union referendum

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The European Union referendum

Post  Bampots on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 10:31 am

Satsuma wrote:It would be astonishing if article 50  were ever invoked. The government could wait years before doing it (because they've no idea how to kick negotiations off), and by then there will have been much water under  the bridge. Meanwhile, lawyers all over the country will be looking for loopholes to stop Brexit, Scotland may yet prevent it happening, and time will drag other countries into the mayhem.  The two main political parties are in disarray and we may end up with a new centre-ground pro-EU party that would make a big impact at the next General Election. Don't bank on Brexit - it isn't going to happen folks

Exit for Brexit???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37857785

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 4:09 pm

What a total joke this is becoming, they ask the nation to vote, but then don't take any notice and parliament decides.  Doh, what a mad contry this is.!  I do believe they knew this all along, all just a show to keep the plebs happy.

PUBLISHED: November 3, 2016 11:11 am LAST UPDATED: November 3, 2016 2:11 pm
Government 'determined to respect referendum result' after Brexit Court defeat

International Trade Secretary Liam Fox said the Government is "disappointed" at the High Court ruling that Theresa May cannot trigger the formal process of leaving the European Union without the prior approval of Parliament.

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/business/city-news/2016/11/03/government-determined-to-respect-referendum-result-after-brexit-court-defeat/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 4:35 pm

Interesting they have started the "disappointment dialogue "very early....they can appeal and fight ......for what they agreed!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 5:10 pm

candyfloss wrote:What a total joke this is becoming, they ask the nation to vote, but then don't take any notice and parliament decides.  Doh, what a mad contry this is.!  I do believe they knew this all along, all just a show to keep the plebs happy.

PUBLISHED: November 3, 2016 11:11 am  LAST UPDATED: November 3, 2016 2:11 pm
Government 'determined to respect referendum result' after Brexit Court defeat

International Trade Secretary Liam Fox said the Government is "disappointed" at the High Court ruling that Theresa May cannot trigger the formal process of leaving the European Union without the prior approval of Parliament.

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/business/city-news/2016/11/03/government-determined-to-respect-referendum-result-after-brexit-court-defeat/

I've said all along it was all just for show. They didn't expect a Leave vote to happen but even if they did they knew they could overcome it. The referendum was always advisory only. Anyone ( by that I mean us ordinary Joes )who thinks they have a say in the running of any country is naive in the extreme.
Don't tell me the government didn't know that they would lose this case. If they didn't then someone needs sacking. This way the Tories can say they tried but it's out of their hands.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 6:03 pm

IMO May is brilliant, as I was expecting ;-)
Mine is an outsider view ...
with inside knowledge.
Good grace: a lot of important companies/banks already left the UK.
The country will go broke.
And this is indeed an excellent solution: staying within, profit from EU and not loose credibility.

Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 7:12 pm

Châtelaine wrote:I
Good grace: a lot of important companies/banks already left the UK.

There's no such thing as an important bank.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 7:13 pm

It will certainly save us billions of pounds it cost to bail them out if they leave!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm

Bampots wrote:It will certainly save us billions of pounds it cost to bail them out if they leave!

Can you imagine what kind of spectacular f**tard you need to be to lose money running a bank, FFS.

Language please, Timothy!
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:54 pm

The cavalry is coming to save the day - yes folks, Left Dishonourable Tony Maroni is about to set up office in Westminster to save us all from Brexit Rolling Eyes

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/20/tony-blair-might-be-coming-back-to-save-us-from-brexit-6271005/

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:42 pm

Mimi wrote:The cavalry is coming to save the day - yes folks, Left Dishonourable Tony Maroni is about to set up office in Westminster to save us all from Brexit   Rolling Eyes

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/20/tony-blair-might-be-coming-back-to-save-us-from-brexit-6271005/

Yep, and guess who is bankrolling him, Richard Branson - tomorrows front page.....

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 12:06 am

Will stick this one here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3969722/The-original-Brexiteer-ROBERT-HARDMAN-meets-82-year-old-fighting-metric-menace-Nigel-Farage-young-pup.html

Tony Bennett has been arrested seven times and, in 2002, was prosecuted after amending some metric road signs in Kent. He was convicted of theft and criminal damage and sentenced to 50 hours of community service.

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top