Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories

Post  Freedom on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 9:49 pm

Heisenburg wrote:
Benevolent wrote:I wonder what her Editor thinks ? He must read the stories before they get published ??

Kerching,is the first thought,the child that keeps giving.

First line of a Paul Simon song springs to mind," I would not give you false hope".

That made me smile, H, because of the title of that song!

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 9:54 pm

Is only a motion away!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 1:02 am

Heisenburg wrote:From the Mail,highlighted in red have OG really investigated this? or is it a piece of crap reporting (which is the likeliest scenario) and it refers to the first investigation by the PJ without actually bothering to show it.

Detectives now have less than three months of guaranteed Government funding to continue to unravel an 'important' new tip. A source close to the investigation, codenamed Operation Grange, revealed last month that they are working on a final theory that Maddie was kidnapped by a European trafficking gang.

Detectives have explored dozens of theories about Maddie's disappearance from being snatched by paedophiles and murdered during a botched burglary to being accidentally killed by her parents. Despite nearly 9,000 potential sightings across the globe police have struggled to unearth any new clues.

But in Operation Grange's potentially final few months of searching they are concentrating solely on the fact she was sold by child traffickers – her parents' and their first team of private investigators' initial hunch – and could still be alive and possibly be living in Europe or North Africa.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4119220/This-news-dreaming-receiving-Parents-Maddie-McCann-fresh-hope-American-girl-safe-18-YEARS-abducted-child.html#ixzz4VjxQIb1m
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting, and sloppy journalism, but I`m sure they are meaning to say that `Detectives` means the PJ, as they are the only ones that have included the parents. Operation Grange`s investigative remit did not include the parents.

It sounds as if they`re giving credence to the parents` `first team of private investigators` and it will close with `taken by child traffickers and living in Africa` and Dave Edgar will get a medal for service to McCann, Queen and Country.

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 8:53 am

Nah! OG aren't telling any one any thing,some thing  has to be a filler this weekend,Trump and his inauguration will be the fill on the next one.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:47 pm

Some more of this original story without the whole McCann charade attached to it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4123022/A-dilemma-imagination-newborn-baby-snatched-mother-raised-alleged-kidnapper-18-years-s-reunited-birth-parents-abductor-loves-faces-jail-decide-heart-it.html
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:29 am

Another one. 30 years this time.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/755801/Madeleine-McCann-missing-hope-sisters-alive-30-years-parents
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:34 am

One from the Star earlier. Not sure where to put it so I'll park it here:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/579516/Unsolved-Jack-Ripper-Ben-Needham-cold-cases-remain-mysteries
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:09 pm

Andrew wrote:Another one. 30 years this time.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/755801/Madeleine-McCann-missing-hope-sisters-alive-30-years-parents
So new hope for the McCanns. wtf, the girls were taken by their mother!!  It just gets worse.  Poor Madeleine, any excuse to link her name to any story. Kerching!

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:25 pm

I do wonder if the writers of stories like this are doing it deliberately to convey the idea that there probably was parental involvement in the McCann case too.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 6:07 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4268574/Police-release-efit-man-snatched-toddler-1981.html

Police release efit of man 'who snatched toddler Katrice Lee, two, from outside a British Army base in German on her birthday 35 years ago'
The British youngster vanished during a shopping trip in Paderborn
An eyewitness saw a man in the area putting a small child into a green saloon car
Katrice's mother, Sharon, from Gosport, Hampshire, welcomed the news

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 6:55 pm

Hmmm. I wonder why this report of an "abductor" has surfaced after all these years. There has never been, as far as I know, any evidence until now to suggest what might have happened to this little girl.

A witness to the "abduction" comes forward after 35 years - baloney!

This case attracted little, if any, publicity at the time. It must have been at least 10 years before I ever heard of it.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 12:57 pm

Move this one if see fit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4334736/My-daughter-Maddie-McCann.html

My daughter could have been the next Maddie McCann: Mother staying at five-star Cyprus hotel woke to find maid trying to snatch her one-year-old
Siobhan Prescott, 25, claims she caught a maid trying to snatch her one-year-old
She and partner Simon were on holiday with baby Harper in luxury Cyprus hotel
Was dozing when awoke to find Harper screaming as woman tried to pick her up
King Evelthon Beach and Hotel Resort says the woman involved has been sacked

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:15 pm

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.   Police, consulate etc taking no action (she says she reported it).    Do these people get paid for such made up stories ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:18 pm

Siobhan Prescott, 25, claims she woke to find her one-year-old daughter Harper crying as a dark-haired woman in her 40s attempted to pick her up out of her cot at the five star King Evelthon Beach and Hotel Resort in Chloraca Bay, Cyprus.

The horrified mother claims she was powerless to react because she was sleeping naked, so screamed out for her partner Simon Smith who was on the balcony of their room.

Your baby is being kidnapped and your first thought is, "I'd better not let the kidnapper see my boobies" Rolling Eyes

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:22 pm

Poe wrote:
Siobhan Prescott, 25, claims she woke to find her one-year-old daughter Harper crying as a dark-haired woman in her 40s attempted to pick her up out of her cot at the five star King Evelthon Beach and Hotel Resort in Chloraca Bay, Cyprus.

The horrified mother claims she was powerless to react because she was sleeping naked, so screamed out for her partner Simon Smith who was on the balcony of their room.

Your baby is being kidnapped and your first thought is, "I'd better not let the kidnapper see my boobies"  Rolling Eyes

Powerless to react WTF!!  How absolutely pathetic, another load of codswallop.  I expect we will see a few more in the next few weeks.

Last edited by candyfloss on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:23 pm

That's exactly what I though Poe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:57 pm

This mother who was terrified of the 'kidnapper' woman seeing her boobies is obviously a fan of Victoria beckham as she has given her daughter the same silly name - HARPER - as Victoria gave her own daughter.

Perhaps the baby was screaming for reasons unrelated to a kidnap - the maid came in to help, picked up the baby - the mother awoke from after lunch drinks maybe - and was confused...?
Antonia

Back to top Go down

More garbage

Post  Andrew on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm

A nonsense story.

Probably more like the mum was in an alcohol-induced deep sleep, dad was out on the balcony having a smoke and both were oblivious to their little baby crying.

So the maid comes in to try and calm the baby down. Or something along those lines.

Snipped:

The woman said something in another language, before bursting into tears and trying to flee the room - but stopped to make a phone call from the room phone.

Are 'abductors' likely to stop and make a phone call when just been rumbled..... ? Rolling Eyes

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 4:12 pm

I like the comment at the end from the hotel after initially confirming the incident - clearly the vital word "not" was omitted from the first statement.

"Do not correspond to reality".

Was Ms Prescott covered up in bed or not? She says that she couldn't get up because she was starkers but also asks why would a maid come in when someone was lying naked on the bed?

If the latter, the maid had already had an eyeful!
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 4:51 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3143412/british-couple-reveal-moment-they-feared-their-toddler-could-be-next-madeleine-mccann-as-maid-tried-to-snatch-her-on-holiday/
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 4:55 pm

Snipped from the very bottom:

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368

I wonder how much they got for that load of tripe then....

And that's a genuine question. A few hundred squids maybe? 4 figures even?
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 4:59 pm

It's more or less identical to the Mail's version.

I don't know what the situation is as regards payment if stories are copied in different papers.

There's another one here.

http://www.real-fix.com/general/mum-says-her-daughter-nearly-became-next-maddie-when-a-maid-tried-to-snatch-daughter-while-she-napped/
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 5:09 pm

If I had to make a guess as to the origin of the story, I would say that it was thought up by a man/men trying to prove that children can be abducted from right under your nose.

A suitable family is found and given a freebie holiday in return for appearing in the papers.

I say man/men plotted this because our damsel in distress and her child had to be rescued from the nefarious cleaner by her boyfriend.

It never occurred that a mother would defend her own child rather than needing someone big and manly to rescue them so, when this was questioned, they needed to come up with an excuse and quickly. The best they could come up with is that she was naked.

IMO and just purporting a theory

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 5:17 pm

The story is certainly a figment of somebody's imagination!

Interestingly, there is no mention of where in the U K the family lives. Do they even exist in those names?

The only Siobhan Prescott I can find is in Salford but Simon Smith isn't there too.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

Poe wrote:

Your baby is being kidnapped and your first thought is, "I'd better not let the kidnapper see my boobies"  Rolling Eyes

There is no such place as Chloraca Bay. The hotel does exist however and is about a 5 minute drive from me.

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top