Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories

Post  chirpyinsect on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:26 pm

I see you and I have been mentioned elsewhere Poe. Thanks for the credit jeanmonroe. You heard it here first.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:36 pm

Thanks for the additional info then folks. So not a made-up Star story then although no coincidence they've plucked it out of obscurity though.

It still doesn't look think a genuine photo (to me anyway). scratch

Regardless of all that though, if she's genuinely missing then hope she is found.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Abductors galore

Post  dogs don't lie on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:52 am

Spanish cops probe alleged abduction attempt of British toddler by man with scar

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-probe-alleged-abduction-attempt-10125321#ICID=ios_TMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:57 am

We have another one!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4363416/British-mother-reports-attempted-abduction-girl-3.html

An attempted abduction, three year old British girl, in the presence of the girl's mother, in broad daylight, on the Costa del Sol and no other witnesses.

The man attempting the abduction is a walking stereotype - gypsy looking and in his fifties. Apparently he also has a scar on his head called "Paco" or perhaps the man is called Paco and the Mail journalist is illiterate  Rolling Eyes

Most importantly : There was no official word on whether police believe the incident was a serious abduction attempt or a misunderstanding.

Last edited by Poe on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ghostbusters!)

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:01 am

I think that this will be one of our longest topics!

DDL's link transferred here from the miscellaneous case topic along with two posts from 28th February about the Katrice Lee case in which an abductor has suddenly been mentioned.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 9:05 am

Not related to this story. Just didn't know where to put it.

Move where see fit, Mods:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4602526/British-woman-describes-daughter-s-attempted-kidnap.html

A McCann mention at the bottom.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 9:21 am

Transferred as requested.

Watch this one sprout legs and appear everywhere else with a definite link to the McCanns.

I'm having problems accessing the Mail story but, from what I can see, the mother is referred to throughout by her surname - how downright rude.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 10:07 am

I don't believe either of them. Sorry...

Mind you, I have an abduction story of my own. My children were playing at the side of a stream in Austria, and a gypsy looking woman in a long dress took one by the hand and started walking off towards the path. Lucky I was there!

Every word of that is true, but...

What actually happened is that one of my children fell over, I was sitting with my coffee in the restaurant, overlooking the stream, between the stream and the path, and the owner of the restaurant, in national dress, brought her over to me, and offered plasters, a free piece of cake, and even a little toy. Sadly, the second story would never make the papers.

It is very easy to forget that many parts of mainland Europe still consider children a communal problem, and strangers will intervene when a child seems to be in trouble, or just looks bored/unhappy. People also do take children by the hand, when we were looking at a church the old lady doing the flowers (who looked about 120 years old) took my daughter by the hand, speaking very fast, not in English, and showed her the church. Not a single word of common language was available to either, and yet they spent a happy 10 minutes together. Not an abduction, just a lonely old lady who liked children.

These stories do nothing to make our children safer, they just encourage parents to see every person as a threat to children, which they are not. The vast majority of people are kind to children, and letting children experience the kindness of strangers gives them a more positive view of the world than this constant view that the child catcher will take them away.

mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 12:40 pm

The Mail article now refers to her as Ms Deacon - perhaps someone there reads this forum! There's also a mention of Colin Sutton which I don't think was there before.

Loads more reports of this but none that I can see screaming the McCanns in big headlines.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 2:03 pm

@ mumof6 Your post ^^^ is what must happen in most of these reported tales. I was wondering why it is that these "attempted abductions... Wink " happen so much with families on holiday outside the UK. Weird isn't it ?
I'm not a fool, I do realise abductors and paedophiles live everywhere, but I don't remember one of these 'Just like MM' attempts ever happening in this country ??? Not that I want it to happen, but odd n'est pas Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 4:52 pm

You're right bluebell. I can't think of any similar yarns in the U K.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:14 am

Freedom wrote:You're right bluebell. I can't think of any similar yarns in the U K.

If you are going to try for compensation from a tour operator or hotel chain, you are more likely to be treated with kid gloves and get a higher payout abroad. Try the same stunt in Torquay, Blackpool or wherever and, rather than the police diplomatically downplaying the lack of evidence, you are more likely to be arrested for wasting police time.

Not saying that this is what happened in any of the attempted abduction cases, just saying.

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 1:26 pm

Poe wrote:
Freedom wrote:You're right bluebell. I can't think of any similar yarns in the U K.

If you are going to try for compensation from a tour operator or hotel chain, you are more likely to be treated with kid gloves and get a higher payout abroad. Try the same stunt in Torquay, Blackpool or wherever and, rather than the police diplomatically downplaying the lack of evidence, you are more likely to be arrested for wasting police time.

Not saying that this is what happened in any of the attempted abduction cases, just saying.

I agree @ Poe. I really do wish I wasn't so cynical but glad it isn't just me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 4:29 pm

Well (excuse the pun) its been quiet for a while but who put her in "Little Johnny Flynn"?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/624273/madeleine-mccann-abandoned-well-maddie-praia-da-luz-portugal

Is THIS where Maddie was hidden? Hundreds of wells were NEVER searched
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 4:52 pm

Heisenburg wrote:Well (excuse the pun) its been quiet for a while but who put her in "Little Johnny Flynn"?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/624273/madeleine-mccann-abandoned-well-maddie-praia-da-luz-portugal

Amazingly dim, these foreigners, they know that the local ne'er do wells hide stuff down these 'ere 'oles in the ground and still don't think to 'ave a look. At least, the Star can't be sure whether the well was searched, and there are literally hundreds of old wells in Portugal, and they can't all have been searched. Most of those hundreds of wells will be a nice long way away from Luz and therefore not a likely place to look, so they can be fairly certain there!

The usual story, Johnny Foreigner is responsible for the fact that Madeleine is still missing. I suppose the only positive is that there is no suggestion that Madeleine is likely to be alive and well in one of these wells.

I notice one of the photos is of Kate's message "I’d like to say a few words to the person who is with Madeleine, or has been with Madeleine,” Mrs McCann said." That has always struck me as really odd phrasing, maybe because I am the parent of teenagers, to them "has been with" means something rather different!
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 4:57 pm

Head on the nail. Mo6.
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 7:16 pm

Heisenburg wrote:Well (excuse the pun) its been quiet for a while but who put her in "Little Johnny Flynn"?

Building a legal defense for the McCanns there.

The police have eliminated every sighting and every swarthy foreigner but they haven't checked every well.

Poe

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top