Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abductions "like Madeleine McCann" nonsense stories

Post  mumof6 on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 4:52 pm

Heisenburg wrote:Well (excuse the pun) its been quiet for a while but who put her in "Little Johnny Flynn"?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/624273/madeleine-mccann-abandoned-well-maddie-praia-da-luz-portugal

Is THIS where Maddie was hidden? Hundreds of wells were NEVER searched

Amazingly dim, these foreigners, they know that the local ne'er do wells hide stuff down these 'ere 'oles in the ground and still don't think to 'ave a look. At least, the Star can't be sure whether the well was searched, and there are literally hundreds of old wells in Portugal, and they can't all have been searched. Most of those hundreds of wells will be a nice long way away from Luz and therefore not a likely place to look, so they can be fairly certain there!

The usual story, Johnny Foreigner is responsible for the fact that Madeleine is still missing. I suppose the only positive is that there is no suggestion that Madeleine is likely to be alive and well in one of these wells.

I notice one of the photos is of Kate's message "I’d like to say a few words to the person who is with Madeleine, or has been with Madeleine,” Mrs McCann said." That has always struck me as really odd phrasing, maybe because I am the parent of teenagers, to them "has been with" means something rather different!
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 4:57 pm

Head on the nail. Mo6.
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 7:16 pm

Heisenburg wrote:Well (excuse the pun) its been quiet for a while but who put her in "Little Johnny Flynn"?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/624273/madeleine-mccann-abandoned-well-maddie-praia-da-luz-portugal

Is THIS where Maddie was hidden? Hundreds of wells were NEVER searched

Building a legal defense for the McCanns there.

The police have eliminated every sighting and every swarthy foreigner but they haven't checked every well.

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:27 am

This isn't quite a "like Maddie" case but the McCanns have more coverage in this yarn than the actual missing child. Goodness knows why they want to be linked with a case of parental abduction.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4134040/madeleine-mccanns-parents-make-emotional-plea-for-return-of-girl-5-who-vanished-with-her-wanted-dad-after-he-skipped-court/?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:TheSun:FBLink:Statement:News
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 11:40 am

I suspect that any abduction will do, stranger abductions are so rare so I think that it is a case of taking what is offered.
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 12:59 pm

The McCanns may not have wanted to be linked to this case. We just don't know what games the press might be playing.

Two things stand out about this story to me:

He is feared to have fled to Ireland with her three days ago when he was due to be sentenced by magistrates for three counts of assault by beating.

A warrant has been issued for her dad’s arrest.

It is of note that the McCann family history has never been explored and Madeleine's medical records were not released.

Remember Dr Amaral's question to Kate: did she ever consider handing over care of Madeleine to relatives?

Despite Kate's claim that her husband was a good family man and everything was perfect until Madeleine was abducted, I see no evidence of this. If the airport bus sequence is anything to go by he was entirely disengaged from family life and did not enjoy the prospect of a week with his wife and three small children. He said as much - with an expletive to boot - and it is captured on camera.

The photos that purport to show happy family life chez McCann are mostly, imo, composites and have been cobbled together. It is perfectly possible that Madeleine did spend a fair bit of time with relatives and this may have been because it was felt she was in good hands there. (Why does Kate's father, on arrival at OC, keep weeping, according to Kate in her book: 'We have let you down'. )

And if it is true that GM is not Madeleine's biological father (the paper that made this claim was never sued as far as I know) then I think that might provide a reasonable explanation as to why he might not have bonded with Madeleine. However, from the filming I have seen of 'normal' family life from the 'Madeleine was Here' series, I cannot see any evidence that GM bonded with Amelie either. He appears to find it difficult to make eye contact with her and his interactions are mostly with Sean.

Unfortunately, I see no reason not to take the Gaper statements at face value.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/Gaspar.htm
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 2:10 pm

Having been on this case since 2007, I can recall seeing the bus-video for the very first time then and there was no sound on it ... At least NOT the [in]famous "I'm not here to enjoy myself" ...
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 9:30 am

Molly Owens is safe.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/missing-molly-owens-5-home-after-wanted-father-brought-her-to-northern-ireland-35987962.html
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 11:22 am

Châtelaine wrote:Having been on this case since 2007, I can recall seeing the bus-video for the very first time then and there was no sound on it ... At least NOT the [in]famous "I'm not here to enjoy myself" ...

That's interesting.

If the video was released without sound to prevents us from hearing that comment, it's subsequent release with sound indicates that there was at least one member of their inner circle who didn't fully support the McCanns.

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 12:22 pm

I remember it being on the BBC website with the footage stopped before the end. That does suggest that the earlier sound was there or that would have been unnecessary - I could be wrong about it though.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 7:27 am

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/girl-9-who-vanished-at-wedding-may-have-been-bundled-into-car-by-kidnappers/ar-AAqXvPC?li=BBoPRmx&ocid=mailsignout

Let's hope that there's a happy ending here.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 5:03 pm

Maëlys de Araujo: Man held after girl disappears at French wedding

A man has been detained by French police investigating the disappearance of a nine-year-old girl at a wedding party in the eastern region of Isère early on Sunday, reports say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41109153

Not looking good
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:05 am

No need to phone a friend to ask who has been linked with the missing French girl case......."chilling echoes" - MY ELBOW.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-star/20170831/281814284002046
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 12:11 pm

Wait for this one to take off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/man-grabs-girl-2-runs-11100553
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 10:46 am

More about the French missing girl.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/wedding-guest-charged-with-kidnap-of-girl-9/ar-AAreGDg?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 12:18 pm

Freedom wrote:More about the French missing girl.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/wedding-guest-charged-with-kidnap-of-girl-9/ar-AAreGDg?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Another case that appears to show that when pre-teenagers go missing there is usually a known adult involved.
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 2:20 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/suspect-admits-missing-maelys-de-araujo-9-was-in-his-car-after-dna-found-on-dashboard-11020061

He admits that she was in his car.......

Other reports say that he is a friend of the bridegroom so it's unclear if Maelys actually knew him or not.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 3:15 pm

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Much older child than Madeleine and not taken from her bed so not much in common other than she has disappeared.
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 6:35 pm

Oh boy! Shocked Rolling Eyes

'THEY'RE POSH AND WE'RE SCUM'
Heartbroken mum of missing teen Carmel Fenech slams amount of publicity given to Madeleine McCann as she continues 20-year hunt

Carmel Fenech was just 16 when she went missing in May 1998

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4385462/carmel-french-missing-madeleine-mccann-publicity/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 7:55 pm

Kate posh? I know fishwives who are posher!

I can understand this woman's annoyance but, to be fair, a drug addicted teenager - no matter from which social class he or she comes - isn't going to get the police resources that a younger child with no reason to leave home voluntarily would.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 11:17 pm

Freedom wrote:Kate posh? I know fishwives who are posher!

I can understand this woman's annoyance but, to be fair, a drug addicted teenager - no matter from which social class he or she comes - isn't going to get the police resources that a younger child with no reason to leave home voluntarily would.

As a 16 year old is legally entitled to leave home the police do not look for them unless there is a reason to believe that the disappearance was not voluntary. The reason has to be pretty solid, i think a massive pool of blood in the bedroom might do it, but anything much less than that...
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots on Sat 09 Sep 2017, 3:46 pm

Freedom wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/suspect-admits-missing-maelys-de-araujo-9-was-in-his-car-after-dna-found-on-dashboard-11020061

He admits that she was in his car.......

Other reports say that he is a friend of the bridegroom so it's unclear if Maelys actually knew him or not.

http://portugalresident.com/investigation-closes-in-on-maëlys’-suspect-as-portuguese-medium-barred-from-entering-child’s-home

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots on Sat 09 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

From link above......

Friday sees various developments in the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Maëlys de Aguiar, the nine-year-old girl with Portuguese roots who went missing from a wedding reception in the French Alps nearly two weeks ago. Most importantly, the suspect in police custody is looking increasingly like he has been lying about how traces of Maëlys’ DNA got into his car, reports Le Figaro. Nordahl Lelandais told police Maëlys got into his car with another little boy, to pet the dogs he had in the back. But the “little boy” appears not to exist. Inquiries among the wedding guests have failed to identify him, and as news sources explain, French gendarmes (police) are “convinced” Lelandais is simply weaving a story. Another inconsistency is that even if Maëlys did get in the care to pet the suspects dogs, her DNA was not found on the side of the vehicle Lelandais claims she entered by, but on the driver’s side “on a button to the left of the steering wheel”. Combined with the missing wine-splattered shorts which Lelandais used for his excuse for leaving the reception, the mobile phone said to have been turned off at precisely the time Maëlys went missing, and the car scrubbed with strong cleaning fluid, evidence is mounting, Le Figaro continues. Meantime, the Portuguese medium who claims Maëlys’ father called him to France to try and help with the hunt for the missing girl, has come up against certain logistical problems. Known in Portugal as the Bruxo de Fafe, Fernando Nogueira was unable to enter the child’s home. He told tabloid Correio da Manhã that despite the fact that they enlisted his help, the parents would not let him through the door. Such a visit, he said, was essential if he is to get a picture of what happened to their daughter. Nonetheless, Nogueira is reported to have visited the home of the suspect, after which he told journalists: “I believe the girl was here and alive”. natasha.donn@algarveresident.com wrote:

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top