Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  chirpyinsect on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 2:47 pm


_________________
Everything I write is my own opinion. Nothing stated as fact.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  candyfloss on Wed 20 Jul 2016, 9:42 pm





affraid affraid

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10637
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  Dee Coy on Tue 26 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm

It is becoming clear that Jeremy Corbyn is seen as a major threat. Not to the Labour Party because he is 'unelectable', on the contrary hundreds of thousands of ordinary people are joining the LP because of his politics. Not to the future of the current PLP because his priorities are not in keeping with theirs and the rest of the UK political spectrum  - conservation for the benefit of the few at the expense of the many. Not to the maize in his allotment (a bumper crop, apparently). But to something far more omnipotent - the  most powerful in our society.

I will leave it to that ex-ambassador and, I suspect, friend to Madeleine, the wonderful Craig Murray, to explain why I reach this conclusion far better than I could myself!

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/07/barbarians-at-the-gates/

Now where else have we seen such a blanket distortion of facts in the media? All of them singing from the same hynm sheet regardless of how ludicrous the official message?  When all media outlets 'left' or right are spouting the same rhetoric without exception you can be sure they're acting under instruction. We've all seen it. Wink

What finally convinced me is that Owen Jones, Jeremy Corbyn's biggest champion has been silent, of late. It is widely assumed he is been forced to withdraw under the instructions of the Guardian. Who knows?

Whatever you think of Mr Corbyn, there's summat afoot, and it extends far futher than the confines of the Labour Party, imo. I am starting to worry for the man's safety if his popularity continues to grow at this exponential rate.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  Bampots on Tue 26 Jul 2016, 11:33 pm

Great to see a Deecoy post again!

I agree with what you say.....its the reason every opponent was bought off to enthrone the unelected one, St Theresa.

Keep on posting as it is quiet times that the Macs like best!

_________________
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
Winston Churchill 
avatar
Bampots

Posts : 2224
Join date : 2014-09-07
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  Dee Coy on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 12:05 am

Hi Bampots, I've been shamefully neglectful and completely caught up with politics and rugby league.

It is terrifyingly quiet on the Mc front. So quiet and hidden amongst so many storms at the moment. Is it possible now is the time for them to finish OG?

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  joyce1938 on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 10:08 am

Its gone so quiet on most sites now ,ites being used by all subjects other than what we hope to see .joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 342
Join date : 2015-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re:Tory (and maybe Labour) Leadership Contest.

Post  costello on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 7:40 pm

Dee Coy wrote:It is becoming clear that Jeremy Corbyn is seen as a major threat. Not to the Labour Party because he is 'unelectable', on the contrary hundreds of thousands of ordinary people are joining the LP because of his politics. Not to the future of the current PLP because his priorities are not in keeping with theirs and the rest of the UK political spectrum  - conservation for the benefit of the few at the expense of the many. Not to the maize in his allotment (a bumper crop, apparently). But to something far more omnipotent - the  most powerful in our society.

I will leave it to that ex-ambassador and, I suspect, friend to Madeleine, the wonderful Craig Murray, to explain why I reach this conclusion far better than I could myself!

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/07/barbarians-at-the-gates/

Now where else have we seen such a blanket distortion of facts in the media? All of them singing from the same hynm sheet regardless of how ludicrous the official message?  When all media outlets 'left' or right are spouting the same rhetoric without exception you can be sure they're acting under instruction. We've all seen it. Wink

What finally convinced me is that Owen Jones, Jeremy Corbyn's biggest champion has been silent, of late. It is widely assumed he is been forced to withdraw under the instructions of the Guardian. Who knows?

Whatever you think of Mr Corbyn, there's summat afoot, and it extends far futher than the confines of the Labour Party, imo. I am starting to worry for the man's safety if his popularity continues to grow at this exponential rate.

Totally agree with you Dee Coy (amazing post). I also worry for Jeremy Corbyn's safety.I take my hat off to him to be honest, he is 'one man' I would honestly say I would trust, it really is an absolute disgrace the way he is being treated. Let's hope justice prevails.
avatar
costello

Posts : 2397
Join date : 2014-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  candyfloss on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 8:58 pm

costello wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:It is becoming clear that Jeremy Corbyn is seen as a major threat. Not to the Labour Party because he is 'unelectable', on the contrary hundreds of thousands of ordinary people are joining the LP because of his politics. Not to the future of the current PLP because his priorities are not in keeping with theirs and the rest of the UK political spectrum  - conservation for the benefit of the few at the expense of the many. Not to the maize in his allotment (a bumper crop, apparently). But to something far more omnipotent - the  most powerful in our society.

I will leave it to that ex-ambassador and, I suspect, friend to Madeleine, the wonderful Craig Murray, to explain why I reach this conclusion far better than I could myself!

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/07/barbarians-at-the-gates/

Now where else have we seen such a blanket distortion of facts in the media? All of them singing from the same hynm sheet regardless of how ludicrous the official message?  When all media outlets 'left' or right are spouting the same rhetoric without exception you can be sure they're acting under instruction. We've all seen it. Wink

What finally convinced me is that Owen Jones, Jeremy Corbyn's biggest champion has been silent, of late. It is widely assumed he is been forced to withdraw under the instructions of the Guardian. Who knows?

Whatever you think of Mr Corbyn, there's summat afoot, and it extends far futher than the confines of the Labour Party, imo. I am starting to worry for the man's safety if his popularity continues to grow at this exponential rate.

Totally agree with you Dee Coy (amazing post). I also worry for Jeremy Corbyn's safety.I take my hat off to him to be honest, he is 'one man' I would honestly say I would trust, it really is an absolute disgrace the way he is being treated. Let's hope justice prevails.

Agree with you.

Great post Dee Coy

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10637
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  candyfloss on Thu 28 Jul 2016, 9:01 pm

Sense at last cheers

Labour leadership: Corbyn ballot challenge rejected

A judge has rejected a challenge to Labour's decision to allow Jeremy Corbyn to automatically stand for re-election as leader.
Labour donor and ex-parliamentary candidate Michael Foster was challenging Mr Corbyn's inclusion without having to get MPs' nominations.
Mr Corbyn called the court case a "waste of time and resources".
Mr Foster said he would not be challenging the decision: "We wanted the courts to adjudicate... they have."

It means the leadership contest - between Mr Corbyn and challenger Owen Smith, a former work and pensions spokesman - will continue as planned, with the outcome due on 24 September.

Under the party's rules Mr Smith had to win the support of 20% of its MPs and MEPs to trigger a contest. In the end, he secured 162 nominations after the other potential challenger Angela Eagle, who also initially passed the threshold for nominations, withdrew from the race.
At a highly-charged meeting earlier this month, Labour's National Executive Committee decided that, as an incumbent, Mr Corbyn was entitled to a place on the ballot paper without having to go through the same process.
Mr Corbyn lost a motion of no confidence in his leadership last month. In the vote, which was not binding on him, 172 out of Labour's 231 MPs opposed Mr Corbyn while 40 voted in his favour
However, the Labour leader retains the support of many party members and activists who will vote in the election.
The legal challenge was brought by Mr Foster, who unsuccessfully stood as a Labour candidate at last year's general election in the Cornish seat of Camborne and Redruth, coming second to the Conservatives.
In his three-page judgement, Mr Justice Foskett said the court's decision was on a narrow point of law and unaffected by political considerations.
He said his interpretation of Labour's leadership rules was that "the leader would not in that situation (where there is no vacancy) be someone who was a 'challenger' for the leadership and, accordingly, would require no nominations in order to compete in the ballot to retain his/her position as leader".
It concluded: "Accordingly, the judge accepted that the decision of the NEC was correct and that Mr Corbyn was entitled to be a candidate in the forthcoming election without the need for nominations."
Reacting to the judgement, leadership challenger Mr Smith said he was pleased, saying the court had "done the right thing".
"This now puts to bed any questions about the process, so we can get on with discussing the issues that really matter," he added, saying he looked forward to debating his rival "as often as possible about our plans for Labour's future".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36909862

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10637
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  candyfloss on Thu 28 Jul 2016, 9:04 pm


_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10637
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  candyfloss on Sat 24 Sep 2016, 1:06 pm

Jeremy Corbyn has been re-elected as leader of Labour Party.  cheers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37461219

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10637
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Tory, UKIP and Labour leadership contest

Post  Bampots on Sat 24 Sep 2016, 1:29 pm

A larger majority than the last time!! One would think that Labour stalwarts would now waken up and smell the coffee...help Corbyn to form a shadow cabinet and get on with the job of fighting the tories....i suspect though they will continue to undermine his leadership. A breath of fresh air!.....well done Jeremy!! cheers

_________________
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
Winston Churchill 
avatar
Bampots

Posts : 2224
Join date : 2014-09-07
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum