All signs of Madeleine erased - Edited: more recycled media garbage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All signs of Madeleine erased - Edited: more recycled media garbage

Post  Heisenburg on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 8:51 am

Piece by lazzeri,no mention of an abduction..
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1380868/all-signs-of-madeleine-mccann-erased-as-tired-locals-remove-all-missing-posters-from-resort/

ETA,it does but its a unnamed shop owner.

During a recent visit one local shop owner told the Sun on Sunday: “Everything has gone, it’s as if Madeleine has vanished for the second time. People don’t want to be reminded any more.

“Praia da Luz needs tourists and her abduction hit us hard. After so many years we are busy again and that’s good. Next year is the tenth anniversary but people don’t want the attention again.”

Nice bit of spin.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Re: All signs of Madeleine erased - Edited: more recycled media garbage

Post  candyfloss on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:52 am

It's a re run of this article that was in quite a few tabloids way back in 2011 and even before.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8469932/Madeleine-McCann-time-to-forget.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:17 am

What a waste of chip paper,rehashed few lines with their ages updated and next anniversary changed to ten.
The posters and candles went years ago.
Another spiteful kick at Luz during high season but why bother with only a few lines?
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:18 am

I love the way that Antonella claims this as an exclusive story!
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:21 am

There are many locals who would love to give her an exclusive piece, not a story ,of their minds.
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:57 am

candyfloss wrote:It's a re run of this article that was in quite a few tabloids way back in 2011 and even before.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8469932/Madeleine-McCann-time-to-forget.html

Thanks candy,OG aren't saying a thing,lets make something up.

Its also worth reading the comments on the sun article before they are whooshed.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:34 am

But why bother with a tiny filler paragraph? It's obvious now that any mention of the McCann's annoys the general public, maybe that's why?
Or maybe they called their mate AL and said throw a few lines in about those heartless people trying to get their village back to normal, don't they know the fund is empty?
Who knows with Murdoch's rag?
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:53 am

Hope wrote:But why bother with a tiny filler paragraph? It's obvious now that any mention of the McCann's annoys the general public, maybe that's why?
Or maybe they called their mate AL and said throw a few lines in about those heartless people trying to get their village back to normal, don't they know the fund is empty?
Who knows with Murdoch's rag?

Look at the comments though! Every single one negative and highly critical of the parents without exception. They have no public support any more. This is a dramatic shift from even a few years ago when negative comments were either not allowed or jumped on by the Mc shills. It's a huge shift even since the Brenda days when anyone critical was called a 'troll'.

So the general public, by TM's admission, are now all 'trolls' then? And TM and their supporters are the only 'non-trolls' in the world.

What idiots they are.

TM have shot themselves in the feet. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, imo.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1380868/all-signs-of-madeleine-mccann-erased-as-tired-locals-remove-all-missing-posters-from-resort/
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 12:00 pm

I agree, that's what I meant, the Sun knew putting this rehashed few lines would annoy the public, but they swing over and back with their coverage. Certainly these days it appears some sort of injunction has been lifted or ran out time wise and the funds are not there to apply for another one.
Yet everytime we think this is it, justice is coming it feels we get kicked in the teeth.
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 7:28 pm

Hope wrote:I agree, that's what I meant, the Sun knew putting this rehashed few lines would annoy the public, but they swing over and back with their coverage. Certainly these days it appears some sort of injunction has been lifted or ran out time wise and the funds are not there to apply for another one.
Yet everytime we think this is it, justice is coming it feels we get kicked in the teeth.

Well, they had their moments of glory...the media love to put people up on a pedestal and then, just when they start to believe their own hubris - BOOM - they are cut down to size..

I just wonder, though, were the Mcs plus tapas always going to be cut down to size...was that the plan all along I wonder?

Confused - as always.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:12 pm

But still it's high season nine years on and there are those inferences about the residents of PDL, it's so, so unfair and cruel.

The Freud story didn't grow legs really,I wonder was it released and the TV prog shown to take the focus away from the announcement "clearing" Mr Harry Webb the day before?

Confused does not cover it.
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:18 am

Hope wrote:But still it's high season nine years on and there are those inferences about the residents of PDL, it's so, so unfair and cruel.

The Freud story didn't grow legs really,I wonder was it released and the TV prog shown to take the focus away from the announcement "clearing" Mr Harry Webb the day before?

Weird really as I personally considered the Freud revelations quite significant. Do you think he and Webb knew each other? One's a noted foodie, the other has a vineyard half an hour away.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:59 am

You would imagine so,food,wine,probably friends in common.
I thought the Freud revelation joined a lot of dots when I looked at the people in his circle. I just meant it only got a few days coverage with Brexit, politicians losing their heads, Euro glory but for the Welsh not English, Wimbledon etc.
Chilcot, Conventions in US, Olympics...
It was important for all of us looking for justice for Madeleine but most others will have forgotten by now,little left to shock the public now.
Perhaps it's just on the back burner for now.
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 11:56 am

unreorganised wrote:
Hope wrote:But still it's high season nine years on and there are those inferences about the residents of PDL, it's so, so unfair and cruel.

Weird really as I personally considered the Freud revelations quite significant. Do you think he and Webb knew each other? One's a noted foodie, the other has a vineyard half an hour away.

I think it is highly likely that there were some connections between TM and Clement Freud. Kate goes out of her way in her book to emphasize that they had not known Freud before and thought his letter was 'a prank'. This is an odd thing to have written for what type of person would play a 'prank' on parents whose child has allegedly been abducted? Why would they want to acquaint themselves with someone whose idea of fun is playing 'pranks' on allegedly traumatized parents?

Of did Kate mean it was a prank from someone pretending to be Clement Freud?

Either way, I think there are some interconnecting circles which could of course be part of a certain high profile ring which we hear so much about.

poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:57 pm

I agree Poster. I think there is a reason for most things they have written and said. Why did we hear nothing about him til after his death? I don't think they wanted anyone to know about their friendship until they had no choice but to mention it, then they pretended a complete stranger invited them for dinner, then drinks, in his night shirt no less, why did we need to know that. Someone somewhere found a connection between them and they decided to get it out there first. IMO
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top