MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in

+7
kylie
Bampots
bluebell
Andrew
Freedom
Admin
candyfloss
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in

Post  Andrew Wed 07 Sep 2016, 8:59 pm

Anyone else had the problem where you try and log in and it comes up with a red screen and says the site ahead has suspicious malware or something and some other mumbo-jumbo...?

It's never happened before but occurred several times this evening...?

A forumotion glitch or my laptop is riddled glitch?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in - Page 2 Empty Re: Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in

Post  kylie Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:18 pm

I just had a look on the Support forum Andrew and there is nothing about your specific problem (but the night is still young) The problem regarding ads is still happening.

And the issue regarding online guardian is also still happening and in case candy did'nt know this it has been going on for about 4 years so i am expecting log in problems again.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:26 pm

Andrew wrote:Anyone else had the problem where you try and log in and it comes up with a red screen and says the site ahead has suspicious malware or something and some other mumbo-jumbo...?

It's never happened before but occurred several times this evening...?

A forumotion glitch or my laptop is riddled glitch?

I have had that sometimes on the mobile Andrew when I am about to click on login and an ad suddenly pops into that place so what happens is you accidentally hit the ad which is sometimes for a dodgy place. 

Also sometimes when going to type a reply to a post you hit a recommended thread down the bottom of the page again the same thing you get directed to another site/forum which could be dodgy.

Or it could be your laptop Smile

@kylie, yes people still having problems on many forumotion forums, even though the staff there are saying things are sorted. 

Best things to do is to go into classic mode if on a mobile and click on login at the very bottom of the page.

Online Guardian, even though forumotion remove members from their blacklist it is still happening, I don't know the answer scratch

Have you had problems elsewhere then kylie, this forum only been going two years.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:35 pm

Thanks Kylie and CF.

I just did some 'investigating' and this appears to the problem I've just been experiencing....

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Google-Chrome-to-Change-Malware-Warnings-450705.shtml

Still non the wiser though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:36 pm

I had the red screen warning about the site being potentially dangerous a few months ago.

It went away of its own accord after a couple of weeks.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  kylie Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:43 pm

@ candyfloss i have not had problems with other forums i know of one forum that i am not a member of was having the same problem as you at the same time,he created a second forum because of this specific problem then when the problem was solved they go back to the main forum.

I dont think online guardian will ever be sorted as it's gone on too long,the person that had no choice but to close her forum closed it in 2013 and she was paying for it.

Was forumotion your first choice? Or did you ever consider V bulliten as there seems to be less problems with them.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:50 pm

kylie wrote:@ candyfloss i have not had problems with other forums i know of one forum that i am not a member of was having the same problem as you at the same time,he created a second forum because of this specific problem then when the problem was solved they go back to the main forum.

I dont think online guardian will ever be sorted as it's gone on too long,the person that had no choice but to close her forum closed it in 2013  and she was paying for it.

Was forumotion your first choice? Or did you ever consider V bulliten as there seems to be less problems with them.

I was just used to the way of forumotion and layout kylie, after doing modding for 5 years elsewhere and never being on a forum before that, so being a thicko with computer things, I thought it best to stick with something I knew a smidgeon about....... not a lot though Smile

It seems many forumotion forums are having problems, they try and make things better and sometimes it has the opposite effect Rolling Eyes   The new advert thingy being their latest errr cock up Laughing

We musn't grumble, it is all free, as long as we have adverts and on the whole it isn't too bad. Very Happy

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kylie Wed 07 Sep 2016, 10:12 pm

I'm the same as a member and get used to the layout of certain forums i.e forumotion and v bull so tend to stick to them,at least you dont pay for this as the same thing happens to the one's that do pay for them as you say we mus'nt grumble.Too bliddy stressful.

I wonder if freeforum still exists not seen one of there forums for a long time,they did'nt seem to have too many issues.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 14 Sep 2016, 7:36 am

Just to update and let you all know of my position regards signing on to forum.
Since coming back from France i have struggled to sign in on my mobile. My i Pad is playing up "ghosting" and being problematic. Well....finally im back in!! I went to my settings on Google and cleared my cache....browsing history and my cookies.....i also cleared the site cookies and any place a cookie could lurk about. I have done one or more before and regularly ckear my cookies but whatever im now able to post at will. ...im sure stupidity played no part!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Oct 2016, 6:17 pm

Message to Kylie

Sorry you are again experiencing problems with the online Guardian kylie. I am trying to sort it but not very good at this sort of thing Embarassed

Forumotion do say to clear all your cache and browsing history and also cookies on so try that and see if it helps.

If everything fails have you tried another email address and name to register, although it may be your IP.

Another way is to try a proxy that changes your IP or use a mobile not using wifi - that is about as much as I can offer :scratch

I do apologise for forumotion causing you these problems, most have been resolved at some stage.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Problems with Online Guardian - members unable to log in - Page 2 Empty Kylie

Post  bluebell Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:14 pm

Hi Kylie Saw candyflosses' message to you above, just wanted to add that I know we live in the same area (20 miles??) and most of last week I had no mobile signal. Just found out it was he same for everyone else here (EE/Orange).
Seems OK now, fingers crossed.

BUT I am on BT myself, but have been having so much difficulty accessing the internet via laptop. Again, heard from neighbours here that everyone is having problems though not sure what other IP are involved !

Just hoping this might be the reason you have problems. We seem to be at the end of nowhere here for services, and I did have to Log In to this forum twice recently, even though I now never log out because of problems logging back in. Rolling Eyes

Keep trying, hope the problem resolves itself. b. x

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:44 pm

Admin wrote:Message to Kylie

Sorry you are again experiencing problems with the online Guardian kylie.  I am trying to sort it but not very good at this sort of thing Embarassed

Forumotion do say to clear all your cache and browsing history and also cookies on so try that and see if it helps.

If everything fails have you tried another email address and name to register, although it may be your IP.  

Another way is to try a proxy that changes your IP or use a mobile not using wifi - that is about as much as I can offer  :scratch

I do apologise for forumotion causing you these problems, most have been resolved at some stage.

Hi candy,

kylie here, i'm sorry that my I.P seems to be causing such a problem which must be as frustrating for you as it is for me,i thought i would have a problem logging in under the new username but so far so good.

I topped up my dongle today (which i use for travelling) i'm gonna try log in with my kylie username later as i should have a different I,P.
The issue with forumotion is still ongoing i doubt they will ever resolve it nor do they seem to care.

And the kylie2 is not me that is my username on a v-bulletin forum so dont know why the name is the latest member.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 05 Oct 2016, 6:51 pm

So glad you have managed to get dannii logged in. cheers

I thought perhaps you had trouble with the dannii name and tried with kylie2, so I have no idea who that is then.  Perhaps they would like to post and explain.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Wed 05 Oct 2016, 7:07 pm

candyfloss wrote:So glad you have managed to get dannii logged in. cheers

I thought perhaps you had trouble with the dannii name and tried with kylie2, so I have no idea who that is then.  Perhaps they would like to post and explain.

Yeah me too thought i would have an issue i was so glad i got in ok,like i said kylie2 is my username on another forum but i think it is something to do with aolmail (terrible service) I may start a thread about it in the techy forum.

Nice to be back,iv'e really missed this place.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Wed 05 Oct 2016, 8:00 pm

bluebell wrote:Hi Kylie     Saw candyflosses' message to you above, just wanted to add that I know we live in the same area (20 miles??) and most of last week I had no mobile signal.  Just found out it was he same for everyone else here (EE/Orange).
Seems OK now, fingers crossed.

BUT  I am on BT myself, but have been having so much difficulty accessing the internet via laptop.  Again, heard from neighbours here that everyone is having problems though not sure what other IP are involved !

Just hoping this might be the reason you have problems.   We seem to be at the end of nowhere here for services, and I did have to Log In to this forum twice recently, even though I now never log out because of problems logging back in.        Rolling Eyes

Keep trying, hope the problem resolves itself.      b.  x

Hi bluebell,

I am plusnet which is now part of BT and i have'nt had a problem with them until the I.P nonsense i asked them for a static one but they said i would need to have a different contract as i am on a sort of pay as you go contract,i dont want to go down that route just for a static I.P.Plusnet bought a lot of American IPs last year so that causes a problem with my I.P when i go on blogs i'm usually a visitor from various place all over the States.

My mobile is T/mobile/EE and i have never had a signal indoors for 10 years yet these company's know it's an issue but dont care,and they care even less now the tourist season is over.

kylie x.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:24 pm

Hello Kylie/Dannii. Good to see you back. Hope you get it all sorted out.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Wed 05 Oct 2016, 9:34 pm

Andrew wrote:Hello Kylie/Dannii. Good to see you back. Hope you get it all sorted out.

Aw thanks Andrew,i could still read part of the forum and you made me chuckle as usual Laughing Keep up the good work.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:10 pm

I take it that you're a fan of the Minogue sisters!
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:15 pm

Guinea Pig wrote:I take it that you're a fan of the Minogue sisters!

I'm a big Kylie fan but cant stand Dannii but i could'nt think of a new username so went for one i could remember,
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:42 pm

I am.

I hope Kylie2 turns out to be Kylie Minogue. Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:52 pm

Andrew wrote:

I am.

I hope Kylie2 turns out to be Kylie Minogue. Very Happy

kylie2 could be me although i did'nt register the name or somebody taking the pee.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Oct 2016, 3:22 pm

I will delete kylie2 and have given you your old avatar back..

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Thu 06 Oct 2016, 4:33 pm

Admin wrote:I will delete kylie2 and have given you your old avatar back..

Okey dokey,i think the kylie2 has something to do with the problematic aolmail some forums do advise to try and avoid aol when registering.

If they are genuine i'm sure they will be back.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 06 Oct 2016, 5:12 pm

No don't delete Kylie2.. It might be Kylie Minogue trying to make contact with me.

Bare with it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Thu 06 Oct 2016, 5:19 pm

Have you ever seen her Andrew in concert-mode non concert-mode?

Iv'e seen her loads of times in both modes.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next