New book from Chelsea Hoffman

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New book from Chelsea Hoffman

Post  dogs don't lie on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 10:31 am

Reading the sample it sounds really good as she doesn't promote the mcs at all, but then there's SB,
I think I might actually, just incase lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 3:56 pm

... So is her conclusion the same as Stephen Birchs' then and Madeleine is under Robert Murats' driveway does anyone know?
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:39 pm

From CH's Facebook page:

To those of you who have purchased the KINDLE version of my latest book on the Madeleine ‪#‎McCann‬ case:

For some reason, KDP (Kindle publishing) has started removing italics and words with dashes (-) from their formatting, which makes for some pretty irritating reading. Apparently this has affected my book (again, just the KINDLE version), and dashes/italics did not show up in the final product. That means words such as "three-years-old" showed up in the KINDLE version as "threeyearsold," which is absolutely infuriating to me.

This has attracted less-than-stellar (see what I did there) reviews, from readers who (for some silly reason) believe that I am stupid enough to smash three words together without dashes. I do apologize for the formatting errors in the KINDLE version, but they are beyond my control.

HOWEVER, the paperback version of the book has absolutely NO errors of this kind. (see photo) Again, I apologize for the formatting errors that were found in the KINDLE version, which are thanks to Amazon KDP's formatting for KINDLE. The only remedy I see for this is to revise the entire manuscript to have spaces, instead of dashes, (which still doesn't look good), so that these words aren't smashed together thanks to the removal of my dashes. This will take quite some time, but those of you who bought it on Amazon for KINDLE, won't be affected. It will refresh to the updated copy automatically without you having to repurchase, or feeling like you wasted money on something with formatting errors.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:51 pm

Chelsea's reply does not mention her actual factual errors or inconsistent sloppy  style. The problem with dashes does not explain running together of words that would not have had dashes between them anyway. As she has published before, she would have been aware of the systems quirks.

Last edited by Antonia on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 10:21 pm

Kindle has all sorts of little quirks. You get used to them in time Very Happy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:56 am

Andrew

Back to top Go down