MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann Books

+56
chrissie
PMR
Mo
unreorganised
joyce1938
Heisenburg
AndyB
Satsuma
Bampots
dandaar
Guinea Pig
ciawoman
Walt
TheTruthWillOut
whyte
froggy
hesla
Hellsbells
seahorse
PeterMac
dogs don't lie
Chop Suey on Toast
poppyfox
costello
eltee
chirpyinsect
bluebell
gbwales
JR
Anne
Fiat500
KathyBelle
Jellybot
candyfloss
Carlymichelle
nobodythereeither
Cristobell
travis macbickle
Poppy
cherry
Scrants
Andrew
Bagheera
Lorraine
Mimi
Popcorn
ohdear
Justformaddiemccann
Châtelaine
Antonia
Poe
Dee Coy
Freedom
chilli
Admin
dantezebu
60 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann Books Empty Re: Madeleine McCann Books

Post  Admin Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:29 pm

Thanks dantezebu.

Posted by portugalpress on September 02, 2014

Madeleine: British media publicises new book as “revelation”

In an extraordinary example of modern-day journalism, the might of the British media has come out with all guns blazing to publicise a new book delving into the seven-year mystery of what really happened to Madeleine McCann. The book, by husband-and-wife team Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan, has been mentioned in all the major newspapers this week (Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Express et al) as well as being splashed across the Sky News website for two consecutive days. The reason, according to all the stories, is the “revelation” that British police forces “hampered the Madeleine inquiry”. Summers and Swan “reveal” a secret report, researched in 2009 and delivered in 2010, in which the founder of CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) considers that there were too many cooks racing into the kitchen when Madeleine went missing, and that this has irreparably harmed the investigation from the start - leaving Portuguese police resentful of their British counterparts who they felt were working to a hidden agenda. That Jim Gamble came to this conclusion is perfectly understandable. Many would argue there was little need for a report. But what is raising questions is why the British media saw the need to rush in and give the news such prominence. As criminal profiler Pat Brown mentions in a blog on the subject, there is the feeling that the Summers and Swan revelations are “propaganda”. Indeed, the American who travelled over to Portugal in 2012 to research the Madeleine mystery suggests the couple’s new book Looking for Madeleine is “not a well-researched and even-handed book on the case” at all. “Sadly, I think this book is going to get a lot of positive media attention,” she wrote at the beginning of the summer. “The man and his wife can write and their skill is going to convince people who read the book that the McCanns are innocent and an abduction actually happened. “He is touting the party line and the McCanns will surely back the book as, finally, they have 'award-winning authors Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan' producing 'the first independent, objective account of the case'... My foot.” Concluding that the book being given so much media attention this week is “yet another sign of the end days for this sad case”, Brown predicts Scotland Yard will not be “far behind with their own final whitewash”. As the Resident reported last week, Scotland Yard detectives are due back in Portugal this month for what the British media has described as a “make-or-break moment”.

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/madeleine-british-media-publicises-new-book-as-%E2%80%9Crevelation%E2%80%9D#sthash.raUYQGuU.dpuf

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli Tue 02 Sep 2014, 11:36 pm

Love the way PB says 'the man and his wife'. How cutting! I really can't see how they can write anything definitive about an ongoing case. Things could chabge at any minute.

I've not read any of their previous works so can't comment on them but the speel reminds me of those 70s/80s definative books on ancient civilisations, aliens and how we've all been here before. I 'm not knocking them, I loved them and they probably did have some factual bits mixed in with the wild extrapolations. Hmmh sounds a bit like the latest book.
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann Books Empty Madeleine: Book Sheds Light On Mystery Predator

Post  Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 7:28 am

A bogus charity collector was suspected of planning to abduct a young British girl hours before Madeleine McCann vanished, a new book reveals.

The intruder fled when he was caught in a villa close to the apartment from where three-year-old Madeleine disappeared in Praia da Luz, Portugal in 2007.

Author Anthony Summers told Sky News that a British mother answered her door to a stranger asking for donations to an orphanage.

http://news.sky.com/story/1331466/madeleine-book-sheds-light-on-mystery-predator

The authors say that Mrs McCann has said she was told by the then British consul Bill Henderson that before Madeleine vanished he was aware of a spate of child sex assaults along the Algarve coast and had discussed it with holiday companies.

Mr Summers said: "Had there been a warning note in the apartment, do we think the McCanns would have left the patio door unlocked on the night they went to the other side of the pool to have dinner away from their children?

"One would be tempted to think they would make sure everything was firmly locked up."

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 07 Sep 2014, 9:19 am

Most people would be tempted to think that the McCanns would not have left their children unattended, or at least not made up a story to claim that they did.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 07 Sep 2014, 9:41 am

Right. So this is what this book is about after all. A rehashing of all the reports of the various 'suspects'. Ah well.

For shame.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 07 Sep 2014, 9:43 am

As soon as I heard that Mr Summers believes the official 9/11 story, I didn't hold out a great deal of hope for his book about the McCanns.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 9:54 am

Freedom wrote:As soon as I heard that Mr Summers believes the official 9/11 story, I didn't hold out a great deal of hope for his book about the McCanns.  

Me too. I've also heard that Summers believes the official version of JFK as well!!!! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:01 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:30 am

Sorry, I'm relying too much on Facebook for my information these days!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:38 am

So basically a book which outlines SY's ridiculous burglar / predator theory (all which the PJ had debunked) and is conveniently published in time for their last chance saloon visit to Portugal and the conclusion of the libel trial. I despair sometimes!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:59 am

Anyone know his opinion on Dr David Kelly?

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sun 07 Sep 2014, 11:05 am

ChillyHeat wrote:
Mr Summers said: "Had there been a warning note in the apartment, do we think the McCanns would have left the patio door unlocked on the night they went to the other side of the pool to have dinner away from their children?

A hypothetical scenario: the McCanns left their valuables - cash, passports, camera etc. on the table, left the patio door unlocked and went to the other side of the pool to have dinner. On returning to the apartment they found their belongings gone. Their insurers refuse to pay out because the door was unlocked. If the McCanns appeal their insurers decision by saying that there had been a spate of burglaries in the area and if they'd been warned they would have locked the door, the claim would still be declined for the same reason.

Insurance companies would consider the responsibility for the loss to lay with the McCanns as they had not taken adequate precautions to protect their property.

Perhaps Mr Summers (and the McCanns for that matter) could explain why we should find it acceptable that the McCann children (unique, priceless and irreplaceable) received a standard of care below that which insurance companies consider adequate.

For the record, I don't believe the children were left alone in the apartment but, as that is what the McCanns claim, they should take responsibility for it rather than trying to pass the blame.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 11:29 am

Freedom wrote:As soon as I heard that Mr Summers believes the official 9/11 story, I didn't hold out a great deal of hope for his book about the McCanns.  

Totally agree....He needs looking at a bit deeper.

http://deadlinelive.info/2011/11/16/911-pentagon-debate-craig-ranke-cit-vs-anthony-summers-cfr-shill/

I love that last word in the above link... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm

ChillyHeat wrote:

The authors say that Mrs McCann has said she was told by the then British consul Bill Henderson that before Madeleine vanished he was aware of a spate of child sex assaults along the Algarve coast and had discussed it with holiday companies.

"One would be tempted to think they would make sure everything was firmly locked up."

Wouldn't you think that with an outdoor swimming pool between the ground floor apartment and the tapas bar where they were dining and with three children UNDER four years old they would have locked the door for that reason alone?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:05 pm

intelligent, educated, credible, seemingly decent and respectful, sounding authorative and yet telling outright lies. I'd love to understand what motivates paid liars and how they square things with their consciences

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:06 pm

@Antonia
Yes, of course. One of the many reasons not to believe their badly told story.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann Sun 07 Sep 2014, 2:39 pm

A surgical mask and laundry on his feet! Oh please! What about gloves for fingerprints? Do these two not realise this is about a crime committed against a nearly four year old child who hasn't been seen on heard since 2007? PDL felt like a safe family resort, yet they locked the apartment during the day, but left it unlocked at night with their 3 under four precious irreplaceable completely defenceless children!
IMO
Justformaddiemccann
Justformaddiemccann

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 2:40 pm

Thomas Baden-Riess wrote:intelligent, educated, credible, seemingly decent and respectful, sounding authorative and yet telling outright lies. I'd love to understand what motivates paid liars and how they square things with their consciences

You said it yourself, what motivates PAID liars?

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 07 Sep 2014, 3:32 pm

Confession. I have just invested in a copy of the SUN. The McCann story is not highlighted at all on the front cover as an attraction inside which I think is unusual. There's 2 pages (p.28 and 29) but I estimate 75% of the pages are taken up with pictures. Its labelled Exclusive by Ben Griffiths. I can't see the exclusivity - its a rehash of the stories we've already had about men being found inside children's bedrooms and then running away. At the end of the 'exclusive' its says its extracted from the book 'Looking for Madeleine.'

There's a quote from the authors saying that after they took up the case in 2012, their young daughter asked 'is that madeleine still missing?How long would you search for me. Robbyn Swan said, 'I didn't have any good answers.' According to Wikipedia, Mr Summers was born in 1942 which makes him 72. Even is his wife is a bit younger I'm wondering how he has a 'young daughter' to (apparently) ask this question!
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 07 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm

Thanks Antonia so nothing new then by the sounds of things.  At this point perhaps we should mention the blog Pat Brown wrote back in July re this book which is imminently on sale.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/why-i-knew-anthony-summers-book-on.html

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 4:44 pm

Resistor wrote:
Thomas Baden-Riess wrote:intelligent, educated, credible, seemingly decent and respectful, sounding authorative and yet telling outright lies. I'd love to understand what motivates paid liars and how they square things with their consciences

You said it yourself, what motivates PAID liars?

Surely Resistor it has to be a bit more nuanced than that. Yes money is important, but as much as I love it I would have problems with my conscience. I am happy to make pacts with the devil to a certain extent, but I wonder what exactly makes these people just go that bit further. He could be compromised of course.

Back to top Go down

Post  ohdear Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:40 pm

ChillyHeat wrote:A bogus charity collector was suspected of planning to abduct a young British girl hours before Madeleine McCann vanished, a new book reveals.

The intruder fled when he was caught in a villa close to the apartment from where three-year-old Madeleine disappeared in Praia da Luz, Portugal in 2007.

Author Anthony Summers told Sky News that a British mother answered her door to a stranger asking for donations to an orphanage.

http://news.sky.com/story/1331466/madeleine-book-sheds-light-on-mystery-predator

How about this crazy idea,they stayed in with the kids.
ohdear
ohdear

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:26 am

Perhaps it simply did not cross the minds of the Mark Warner management that anybody would be foolish enough to even consider leaving their children "home alone", since the resort provided both a night-time creche and a babysitting service to enable parents to enjoy evenings out knowing their children were being properly cared for?
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  dantezebu Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:42 am

Actually I don't understand why the McCanns took the children on holiday with them at all.
They didn't see them or do anything with them except feed them breakfast and lunch and put them to bed.
One trip (they claim) to the beach, but they chose to go on a day it was raining.

But the reason why Mark Warner has not been blamed by the MC's or anyone else is in my opinion that MW know that the children were NOT left alone. They know there was no neglect and therefore no abduction.
Summers and Swan seem to have made the very basic mistake of believing every word that the parents have said. And have not (apparently) interviewed them.
How could two award winning crime writers make such a huge error of judgement.
dantezebu
dantezebu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next