MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann Books

+57
What's_up_doc?
chrissie
PMR
Mo
unreorganised
joyce1938
Heisenburg
AndyB
Satsuma
Bampots
dandaar
Guinea Pig
ciawoman
Walt
TheTruthWillOut
whyte
froggy
hesla
Hellsbells
seahorse
PeterMac
dogs don't lie
Chop Suey on Toast
poppyfox
costello
eltee
chirpyinsect
bluebell
gbwales
JR
Anne
Fiat500
KathyBelle
Jellybot
candyfloss
Carlymichelle
nobodythereeither
Cristobell
travis macbickle
Poppy
cherry
Scrants
Andrew
Bagheera
Lorraine
Mimi
Popcorn
ohdear
Justformaddiemccann
Châtelaine
Antonia
Poe
Dee Coy
Freedom
chilli
Admin
dantezebu
61 posters

Page 13 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann Books - Page 13 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann Books

Post  Andrew Tue 11 Nov 2014, 2:56 pm

Brunty back on twitter I see...

https://twitter.com/skymartinbrunt

The weasel.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:03 pm

Andrew wrote:Brunty back on twitter I see...

The weasel.

My computer crashed when I tried to click onto the link, do you think that's an Omen?

I'm not on Twitter but I can read the messages, it will be interesting to see if MB even mentions Brenda and the dossier.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:12 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
Andrew wrote:Brunty back on twitter I see...

The weasel.

My computer crashed when I tried to click onto the link, do you think that's an Omen?

I'm not on Twitter but I can read the messages, it will be interesting to see if MB even mentions Brenda and the dossier.

Ha - could well be.

No - I don't think he will utter a single breath about it until after the inquest and then I still don't think he will say anything.

Hopefully he will pipe up when the Mccanns are brought to justice though and then explain himself about poor Brenda.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann Books - Page 13 Empty "madeleine" - the book

Post  bluebell Sat 24 Jan 2015, 6:19 pm

I am interested to hear how many here have read (bought or downloaded) KM's book ?

I admit I haven't, though I feel I should.        I expect I'd have to have a bucket alongside while I read it though   pale

Honestly I find watching videos of their interviews difficult, squirm-making, anger-making stuff.

Anyway, is it worth the personal torture, anything to be learned?       be glad of info.      Question

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 24 Jan 2015, 6:29 pm

I refuse to even buy this in a charity shop Bluebell as I cannot bring myself to give that couple one red cent. However like you, I feel for the sake of research and completeness I should give in and read it.
I suppose it may be a valuable tool in giving us an insight into the workings of the psyche of the parents but it just doesn`t sit well with me to spend money to learn what we all know anyway.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 24 Jan 2015, 7:34 pm

If it helps here is a link to some of the quotes from the bewk. With thanks to Pamalam.

http://www.justpamalam.co.uk/m.htm

chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 24 Jan 2015, 8:31 pm

chirpyinsect wrote: I refuse to even buy this in a charity shop Bluebell as I cannot bring myself to give that couple one red cent. However like you, I feel for the sake of research and completeness I should give in and read it.
I suppose it may be a valuable tool in giving us an insight into the workings of the psyche of the parents but it just doesn`t sit well with me to spend money to learn what we all know anyway.

Same here, plus I don`t want my house contaminated with her sanctimonious arrogance, xenophobia and childishly transparent lies.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sat 24 Jan 2015, 8:45 pm

The very thought of contrubuting to the McCann coffers makes me balk.

I have been looking for it in charity shops, though, so the money goes to someone worthwhile. No luck so far, although I will buy it when I see it. Exhibit number 1, and all that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 24 Jan 2015, 8:46 pm

A search for "madeleine" on Amazon.co.uk now turns up, as the very first hit, a 12-hole non-stick cake pan.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 24 Jan 2015, 8:49 pm

Resistor wrote:A search for "madeleine" on Amazon.co.uk now turns up, as the very first hit, a 12-hole non-stick cake pan.

Well the Macs do seem to be Teflon coated.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sat 24 Jan 2015, 9:20 pm

ROFL
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 24 Jan 2015, 9:23 pm

It can always be obtained from the library for anyone who begrudges even a penny from Amazon.

Madeleine: Our Daughter's Disappearance and the Continuing Search for Her12 May 2011
by Kate McCann
Hardcover
£0.01used & new(48 offers)
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  eltee Sat 24 Jan 2015, 10:33 pm

I got my copy from ebay for 99p plus postage

I found it a very hard book to read........wouldn't say i learnt anything from it, but it may be useful for comparison with the statements given at the time Madeleine disappeared....
eltee
eltee

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann Books - Page 13 Empty Re:madeleine the book.

Post  costello Sun 25 Jan 2015, 8:30 am

I borrowed a copy from my mobile library and thankfully I did not have to return it for four weeks. I kept putting off reading all of it, but did manage in the end. I really think this book would be invaluable in the event of any criminal charges being brought against the McCanns.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:18 am

It's elsewhere referred to as the Prosecutions "Exhibit KM1" ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:29 am

Well, thanks for the advice so far....

I should make it clear that I have no intention of buying it (unless at a jumble sale/car boot).   Even from a library the author receives some royalties don't they, and I would resent that.

I only wondered if there might be some worth in ploughing through it - for reference really.

Quite a number of posters on fora have referred to bits during discussions, and it has made me curious over time.

Expect I'd need a strong drink before, during and after though.        drunken   Smile

eta - I suppose having managed all the rogs this should be a piece of cake. Very Happy

Last edited by bluebell on Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:34 am

I've never read it nor have any intention,but there have been references to certain pages contained there in,one in particular.
Page 316?
“While one or both of them may be innocent there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.”

As this ever been retracted or redacted?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015, 6:49 am

I'll have to check, can't imagine that's in the book, it was the Assistant  Chief Constable for Leicestershire Police who said that. I believe in relation to their demand to see all the files held - which request was refused, they were given access to about 80 I think. 

Inspector Ricardo Paiva said:'It was Scotland Yard who first thought it could be a murder case.'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015, 6:54 am

bluebell wrote:I am interested to hear how many here have read (bought or downloaded) KM's book ?

I admit I haven't, though I feel I should.        I expect I'd have to have a bucket alongside while I read it though   pale

Honestly I find watching videos of their interviews difficult, squirm-making, anger-making stuff.

Anyway, is it worth the personal torture, anything to be learned?       be glad of info.      Question
There should be an annotated version by now but that would mean more ££££ for the writer. 
So a separate bundle of corrections page by page? Hmm. 

The book is very informative in ways not intended by the author imo.

They were reported as saying they would write a book as early as mid-2008. 
it was going to be called 'Our year of hell'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 26 Jan 2015, 2:42 pm

Admittedly I went out and paid full whack for the book either the day or day after when it came out.

I was massively intrigued as to Kate's 'side of the story'.

It was apparent straight away that the book was all about the Kate and Gerry show. It was a painful and sickening read IMO which just made me detest the parents even more. Poor poor Madeleine I kept thinking.

I very rarely get rid of books but I had to get shot of that one. Ditched it at some local charity shop after a clear out of junk some time ago.

I think for anyone who is interested in this case (which is obviously everyone here) then if get chance, as stomach churning as it is, then do read it. (but don't buy it)

It gives an insight into what these 2 are all about and it's not pleasant.

Oh and it's full of horse sh!t drivel.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  poppyfox Mon 26 Jan 2015, 9:38 pm

I bought the book from eBay as I was interested in knowing what Madeleine was like but was hugely disappointed as it was all about Kate and Gerry. I learned very little about Madeleine but lots about the McCann's love life,sports activities,searches in other countries etc. It shows the McCann's as cold,disinterested parents with little love for their children IMO. I keep it as a reference book to check on their version of the truth when I'm reading the real facts on this never ending case! It is stomach churning reading about poor Madeleine's private parts especially when Kate's said she wrote it for the twins to read. I think it shows Kate's hatred to others who refuse to accept their fairy tale abduction. It's not a riveting read nor one I would recommend but it could be useful if the McCann's are ever charged of killing Madeleine. Shocked IMO
poppyfox
poppyfox

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli Mon 26 Jan 2015, 11:58 pm

I borrowed it from the library but only got through a third. Quite apart from the tripe, I couldn't stand the poor writing.

The funniest bit was that I was really embarrased about being seen with it so had to wait until the desk was empty and even then I hid it in a pile of other books. I gave it to my daughter to take back.
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 6:29 pm

caricature wrote:I've never read it nor have any intention,but there have been references to certain pages contained there in,one in particular.
Page 316?
“While one or both of them may be innocent there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.”

As this ever been retracted or redacted?

Any one?

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 27 Jan 2015, 6:47 pm

Contradicted? [retracted or redacted]. Not that I know of.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 6:54 pm

Châtelaine wrote:“While one or both of them may be innocent there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.”
Contradicted? [retracted or redacted]. Not that I know of.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next