The Mystery of Ben Needham

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Mystery of Ben Needham

Post  Heisenburg on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 8:29 am

Seems a likely scenario,with this "current phase ending",they have perhaps concluded from evidence gathered and statements taken,that this is the case.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 9:01 am

What if he wasn't moved, I mean, did they go down so far, find his car and then just stopped at that that? Surely finding his car meant he might be very close, and finding even a fragment of him would leave no doubt? Then again, if they were told that's the spot where it happened but the witness didn't know where he was buried, that would indicate some truth in what was said. Still that doesn't mean Dino was responsible.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 9:20 am

I'm seeing my mother today for the first time since this development. I'm going to ask her if she can remember the colour and model of the toy cars I had as a child.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 9:27 am

I think I can guess her reply!

However, it is possible in my view that, if one's child disappeared - however that happened - on a certain day, the memories of what he or she was wearing or had with them would be ingrained in the mind forever.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 9:35 am

unreorganised wrote:I'm seeing my mother today for the first time since this development. I'm going to ask her if she can remember the colour and model of the toy cars I had as a child.

Thats a good point,but one would imagine that Kos has far less rainfall than this country,then this being so the toy would be in some kind of fair condition to be able to be recognised especially if it was a favourite favourite at such a tender age.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 9:51 am

I can't see the relevance of this toy car. Whatever happened to Ben, it is likely that the the toy was dropped and then moved along with debris at some later time.
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 9:53 am

According to the 'somebody knows' documentary, Ben only ever had 2 toy cars. 2 toy cars that disappeared with him the day he vanished. 2 toy cars that Grandad didn't know anything about until 10 years later and 2 toy cars that Grandma didn't even give a second thought about until 10 years later.

Work that one out....
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 9:53 am

Freedom wrote:
However, it is possible in my view that, if one's child disappeared - however that happened - on a certain day, the memories of what he or she was wearing or had with them would be ingrained in the mind forever.

It has occurred to me that they might have made a record of it at the time, or had a photo. I've never seen such but then I don't follow this case that closely.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 9:58 am

Andrew wrote:According to the 'somebody knows' documentary, Ben only ever had 2 toy cars. 2 toy cars that disappeared with him the day he vanished. 2 toy cars that Grandad didn't know anything about until 10 years later and 2 toy cars that Grandma didn't even give a second thought about until 10 years later.

Work that one out....

Ah... I think I had the entire "Matchbox 75". In fact I recognise quite a few of these.

unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 10:00 am

froggy wrote:I can't see the relevance of this toy car. Whatever happened to Ben, it is likely that the the toy was dropped and then moved along with debris at some later time.

I agree, even if he was snatched, he'd probably have dropped one or both. I can't see how Kerry now believes he's dead because they found a car. LN is questioning it too.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 10:17 am

unreorganised wrote:
Andrew wrote:According to the 'somebody knows' documentary, Ben only ever had 2 toy cars. 2 toy cars that disappeared with him the day he vanished. 2 toy cars that Grandad didn't know anything about until 10 years later and 2 toy cars that Grandma didn't even give a second thought about until 10 years later.

Work that one out....

Ah... I think I had the entire "Matchbox 75". In fact I recognise quite a few of these.

Yeah recognise quite a few of those as well. I vaguely remember losing them a lot when out playing with them in the garden etc.

Now if Ben only ever had 2 cars you'd think that they'd remember them. I find it incredibly odd that they didn't appear to attach any relevance or significance to the toy cars back then. Not just odd but incredibly weird and suspicious.

And now we have a new-found toy car at the centre of it all.

Police - It's Ben's.
Grandma - Not sure.

scratch
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 10:29 am

Where's the rest of the BN thread gone? It's only showing 5 pages?

ETA - I've seen it further down. Sorry.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 10:32 am

Work that one out....

That's weird. Recently I read they bought the toy cars on Kos. But in the book they were given to Ben as a Christmas present the year before. scratch
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 10:39 am

Yes, same here.

Ben Needham's toy car discovered at secret fly-tipping dump just hours before cops called off Kos search

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needhams-toy-car-discovered-9066437

snipped

It was one of two Christine said she remembered buying in Kos town in summer of 1991 and Ben playing with them as they walked to the ­farmhouse the day he vanished.

She added: “It was the first time he’d not tried to climb out of the pushchair, so I was quite pleased. He sat happily in, they kept him really busy all the way up there.

“He had one in one hand and another in the other and he was banging them together to make a clanking noise.

“They were going ‘clank, clank’ but I thought it was quite good because it kept him occupied. I remember buying the two cars.

"We didn’t have much money so couldn’t afford much. He had a pull-along bus thing he used to sit on and these two cars. We were building up his toy ­collection because Kerry had just moved to Kos and she only bought a few bits and pieces with her.

Kerry, of Sheffield, added: “You do forget the toys your kids have until you see them again.

"I don’t think my mum wants to believe it though. I vaguely remember this toy car. It certainly looked familiar.

“I was with mum when we bought them from the toy shop in Kos.

“We bought him some farm animals at the same time.”
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 10:41 am

Has anyone got a quote from the book about the cars? Thanks
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 10:42 am

From the book, page 49:

"Christmas Day, 1990. ....

Ben ... received a lot of presents, including various dinky toy cars and cuddly toys."

I guess Kerry left those behind in the UK and they bought new ones in Kos.
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 10:47 am

Sounds reasonable as she only brought a few bits with her.
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 11:18 am

The car found in Kos is thought to be similar to this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-37688475

For what it's worth the above car was made by a company called Summer (Hong Kong), so not a dinky toy (Meccano Ltd). I suppose most die-cast cars were called dinky cars though, regardless of brand.

S688 MERCEDES-BENZ (200 SERIES) (1968) YELLOW LUCKY STAR #88 BENZINE

What is the provenance of the pic used by the BBC in the above article? Is it just a random pic of a yellow diecast car, similar to the one SYP found?
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 11:33 am

Something else I found interesting and not heard about before was that there was a truck/concrete mixer pouring concrete at the bottom of the lane the day Ben disappeared.

Now I assume that particular area was looked into at the time but I can't find anything at all about it.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 11:38 am

Yes, I very much doubt that once the Police had found the toy car that they then shown it to the BBC. The BBC journo probably got wind it was yellow and plucked one dated from around the same time from google images and pasted it onto their article.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 12:32 pm

Due to computer gremlins, the topic has been split and it isn't possible to put the two back together.

Here is the previous one.

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1567-the-mystery-of-ben-needham

Last edited by Freedom on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link corrected)
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 12:36 pm

Ben only had 2 toy cars in Kos.

And they allegedly went missing with him.

You would remember those 2 cars very well indeed one would think.

But they can't.

For 10 years, Eddie didn't even know about the toy cars.

For 10 years, Christine had forgotten all about the toy cars.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 12:37 pm

Andrew wrote:Where's the rest of the BN thread gone? It's only showing 5 pages?

ETA - I've seen it further down. Sorry.

There are gremlins in the system.

Here are the previous pages.

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1567-the-mystery-of-ben-needham
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 1:24 pm

@Andrew I seem to have missed out the bit about Eddie not knowing about the cars for ten years?
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 1:39 pm

Hi Chrissie. It's 9 something mins in on the 'somebody knows' doc.

Have a look and see what you make of it...
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top