Latest twaddle from the Daily Mail - plus others - re homeless girl in Italy

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest twaddle from the Daily Mail - plus others - re homeless girl in Italy

Post  Heisenburg on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:18 pm

Is this what its come to.

Mystery of the 'English-speaking' girl living on the streets of Rome: Internet campaigners try to identify young homeless woman 'Maria' amid speculation she could be Madeleine McCann

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3958402/Mystery-English-speaking-girl-living-streets-Rome-Internet-campaigners-try-identify-young-homeless-woman-Maria-amid-speculation-Madeleine-McCann.html
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest twaddle from the Daily Mail - plus others - re homeless girl in Italy

Post  Heisenburg on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:41 pm

Strange the scum doesn't make any mention of Madeleine.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2230978/mystery-surrounds-identity-of-english-speaking-girl-found-living-rough-on-the-streets-of-rome/
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest twaddle from the Daily Mail - plus others - re homeless girl in Italy

Post  bluebell on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:47 pm

Heisenburg wrote:Is this what its come to.

Mystery of the 'English-speaking' girl living on the streets of Rome: Internet campaigners try to identify young homeless woman 'Maria' amid speculation she could be Madeleine McCann

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3958402/Mystery-English-speaking-girl-living-streets-Rome-Internet-campaigners-try-identify-young-homeless-woman-Maria-amid-speculation-Madeleine-McCann.html

Dare I ask how this girl has been existing so far ? Money ? Food ? And she speaks English, so could answer questions ?
Are we going to see every street urchin/waif and stray of around that age 'possibly MM'?

It's that time of year when these conscience pricking stories come out isn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:48 pm

The article has been updated and changed slightly then since I posted it on the missing people thread.

The girl the internet thinks is Madeleine McCann:

Where on the internet do they think it's Madeleine McCann...?
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Latest twaddle from the Daily Mail

Post  Freedom on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:09 pm

A late teenage girl with hair that is anything but blonde - well of course there's a chance she could be Madeleine McCann.......
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:10 pm

On the back of the Trump campaign stuff ......it would appear more games are afoot! Why!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:10 pm

bluebell wrote:

Dare I ask how this girl has been existing so far ?   Money ?   Food ?    And she speaks English, so could answer questions ?
Are we going to see every street urchin/waif and stray of around that age 'possibly MM'?

It's that time of year when these conscience pricking stories come out isn't it.

Silly season approaching so expect more of the same.

Maybe someone could ask her in English where she's from and how sadly she ended up on the streets. And maybe the DM could post up the response tomorrow.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm

Oh, I sent a reply and it told me the thread wasn't there so I am trying again !!

Anyway (after a glass or 3 or wine 'cos I'm suffering from a lurgy)   =  any idea who these 'several people might be ??

Missing Persons of America wrote on a website page dedicated to 'Maria': 'There have been several people that think it may be Madeline McCann who would be 13 now.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3958402/Mystery-English-speaking-girl-living-streets-Rome-Int

eta - just to add, when I read "appeal verdict due" as the thread title I suddenly tense. pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:27 pm

.... Apart from looking absolutely nothing like MM, the DM say the girl is 'thought to be in her late teens'.

Can someone remind the DM that MM (if she was alive but sadly isn't) would've been 13. And not late teens.

Sleep
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:29 pm

Sorry bluebell, I caused a bit of confusion by merging two topics which had been set up for the same story - and what a story this one is!
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:32 pm

The 'several' people, Bluebell, are probably the McCanns themselves.

Any opportunity to link Madeleine's name to that of any missing child. Regardless of sex, colour, age.. etc.

It shoehorns Madeleine into the papers. Which is just the way they like it.

IMO etc,
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:02 pm

Here's a video the DM have quickly knocked up:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/video/video-1362579/Living-streets-Rome-recognise-girl.html
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  canada12 on Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:04 pm

It's probably Ben Needham and he's now a girl.
:-D
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 5:40 am

Andrew wrote:Here's a video the DM have quickly knocked up:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/video/video-1362579/Living-streets-Rome-recognise-girl.html

Where is her eye fleck? Has she had a nose job? Is she wearing coloured contacts? Desperation anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:14 am

I don't know who put this load of nonsense together - it consists mainly of lingering photos of the McCanns; the one of Kate at around 4.30 is enough to curdle milk.

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:01 am

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/22/the-english-speaking-girl-the-world-thinks-is-madeleine-mccann-6274113/

....The world?
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:06 am

Yesterday the Sun were the first to break this story about the mystery English girl homeless in Rome, probably in her late teens/early twenties.

They forgot to include 'Madeleine McCann' anywhere in the article.

They've since updated it:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2230978/mystery-english-speaking-girl-living-streets-rome-madeleine-mccann/
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  canada12 on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:13 am

It is indeed twaddle. A simple DNA test would solve this in quick order. Instead we get rehashed speculation and a cynical attempt to sell papers.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:20 am

Freedom wrote:I don't know who put this load of nonsense together - it consists mainly of lingering photos of the McCanns; the one of Kate at around 4.30 is enough to curdle milk.

Reminds me more of Nigel Planer in the Young Ones
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:23 am

Now you mention it - yes!

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:51 am

The media has had it. Probably following a link on here(!) I stumbled onto the Sun's website the other day. Jesus. I thought I'd accidentally got The National Enquirer, or something. The main stories were about some woman having sex with a dog, and how WW3 is starting tomorrow.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:52 am

Do we assume that G&K have flown straight out there to check ?
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:56 am

That is a problem I've encountered, unreorganised. Sometimes there are links on comparatively tame stories to some real horrors.

There was one today about the lynching of a suspected paedophile - i.e. someone who hadn't even been convicted. I closed the link quickly but I still have an image in my head that will take a while to get rid of.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:57 am

I think we can assume not, PMR!

Even when there have been what appear to be credible sightings, they haven't bothered.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:21 am

canada12 wrote:It's probably Ben Needham and he's now a girl.
:-D

When I'm in the big cities like Manchester/Leeds etc then I often pass homeless people on the streets. Mainly young lads in there late 20's.

Due to being 'out of it' then most of these wouldn't know there own name or where they're from or how they got there etc.

This non-story is a bit like me going to the press and saying I spotted Ben Needham in Manchester City Ctr. He had blonde hair, mid to late 20s but didn't know where he was from etc, so it could be Ben.

This girl in question 'Maria', is probably a foreign student or a traveller taking a gap year. Fell out with her friends and decided to rough it for a few nights.

Or it's probably a complete hoax. A bit like the 'Piano man' from a few years back.

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top