The Bamber Family Murders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Bamber Family Murders

Post  Freedom on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 10:28 am

Can I ask what you think of the Jeremy Bamber case, poster?

There are many people who think that he was wrongly convicted for the murders of his adoptive family in 1985 but, unlike Ian Huntley, JB does still proclaim his innocence.

Here is his website.

http://www.jeremy-bamber.co.uk/
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 1:29 pm

I have looked at that case over on the justice forum. I seem to remember not being able to make up my mind! I don't think it is as clear cut as the two cases mentioned above which just scream out (to me at any rate) miscarriage of justice. I'll take another look at it.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 2:23 pm

I found this argument fairly compelling, albeit it doesn't really explain how a petite woman could overpower her large well-built (adoptive) father or how she handled a gun without any damage to nail varnish:

http://www.jeremy-bamber.co.uk/how-and-why-did-sheila-do-it

But then I read this:

#Jeremy_Bamber true facts. While 5 members of his family lay murdered Jeremy Bamber cooked and ate a full English breakfast in front of stunned police officers.  This was one of the factors which raised suspicions about him at the time.

affraid

Sorry - never mind the forensics or anything else. That alone does it for me.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?PHPSESSID=bddb50t7gkaf2k683886004c71&topic=226.0

Not that long ago one of our pets had a nasty freak accident in a car resulting in a sudden death. My partner rushed him to the vet hoping they might be able to resuscitate but nothing could be done. When he arrived back at the house my partner was as white as a sheet as though he had just seen a ghost. He staggered inside and threw himself on a sofa sobbing. When he told me the pet had died and how, I did exactly the same. We were both wrecks all evening - traumatized and dreading having to tell other family members knowing how distressed they would be.

Cooking and eating a full English breakfast while five members of your family lie murdered..... affraid  affraid  affraid

ETA: I was a wreck the following morning too. I phoned a friend and she persuaded me to go downstairs and make myself a sweet cup of tea. I was still traumatized and in shock.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 5:10 pm

People react in different ways to a crisis. Most would not I agree be able to tuck in to a big breakfast at a time like that though!

This was an unusual case in that it was thought to be all done and dusted with his sister named as the perpetrator and then came the twist with him being accused.

My head tells me that the right person was convicted but sometimes my heart wonders. It would be horrific if an innocent man has lost his liberty for so long.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 9:35 pm

I've thought about that since I wrote the previous post. It can take time to process a situation - particularly something as hugely traumatic as the killing of most of a family. It is possible that JB simply could not process what had happened (which would be quite understandable) and went into some kind of cognitive 'dissonance'.

But surely if the sister had truly 'gone berserk' with a gun then the only logical thing for either JB (after allegedly receiving a call from his father) or the father to do would be to call 999?

(On the other hand, it is intriguing that I think I read somewhere that the (adoptive) father was in intelligence? Is this true?)

I suppose one might argue that IF it had been the sister (who clearly had some mental health issues) who carried out the killings then - given that there appears to have been a lack of  communication between social workers/doctors and the wider family - then one might argue that there would be 'powers that be' who might want to pin the blame on someone other than the sister to avoid scrutiny of their own roles and how they might (possibly) have been able to help avert such a tragedy if they had acted differently.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 10:33 pm

Freedom

Back to top Go down

The Bamber Family Murders

Post  poster on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 5:32 pm

Perhaps neither Jeremy nor his sister carried out the murders? Maybe a hit-man or two?

I wonder what Jeremy's relationship with his (adoptive) sister was like? From what I have read the family dynamics appear to have been quite dysfunctional and the fact that the pair were adopted might have exacerbated things?

A fascinating case, albeit deeply shocking. But it does seem that the Essex police investigation was far from what it should have been, imo. Surely the investigating officers should go in with a completely open mind as to what might have happened?
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top