That Smithman Sighting

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

That Smithman Sighting

Post  Cristobell on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 9:26 am

Sorry CF, but I can't let Tony's criticism of this forum pass by without comment.

He has another thread, and another poll, running on CMoMM and he appears to be basking in the mistaken belief that his own theories have taken over those of DCI Redwood of the Yard.

As to the figures he has quoted for the various forums:  Here are a few facts.  Conflict = Drama = Audience.  Tony has created a conflict with his insistence that Smithman doesn't exist, the sane world believes he has lost the plot, but will keep watching because, well, tis a shameful part of human nature, but we like to watch people make complete ejits of themselves.  The people looking in are curious, no more, when my own blog challenged him and his crackpot theories I had an audience of thousands.  

Audiences are transitory, they go to where the action is, and all the while Tony creates conflict by insisting the Smith family are liars, people will look in, buts its only curiosity, it isn't support.  Everytime the McCanns appear on Lorraine's breakfast sofa, her ratings shoot up.  The same thing happens when Katie Hopkins appears, she is controversial.  Controversy = conflict = drama = audience.  

Tony polls are now leaning more in his direction - but they would, wouldn't they?  Most of the people who disagreed with him were banished from the forum and no longer have a vote.  Having got rid of the opposition, Tony should be winning these polls hands down and be in a position to demand that Scotland Yard abandon the Smith sighting and the nasty ideas that it might have been Gerry, and concentrate on his theory that Robert Murat is at the heart of a global paedophile/pervert ring based in the Algarve.  In time, Tony might even go even further and state there is no way the McCanns could have been involved, which would send his own ratings through the roof (temporarily) and might even get him a McCann commissioned book.  Whatever, as someone on CMoMM pointed out, Tony is condemning the Smith sighting as if his life depends on it, we can only guess at his reasons.

The forums are quiet because apart from the Summers and Swan book, there is bugger all going on in the case and some of us are bored senseless discussing the same old suspects and crap put out by the tabloids.  This forum has some amazing posters and I know darn well where I am going to be when the old proverbial hits the fan.

Back to top Go down

Re: That Smithman Sighting

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 9:38 am

Tony loves to quote numbers when they are in his favour - or just fiddle them when they don't - so here's a number for Mr Bennett:

Which is the number of people that (at the present time) agree with him in his latest poll. Subtract the rest of the trinity in charge of the forum and their socks, and that's not a lot of real people.

I agree that people are logging in there because it's like watching a car crash.

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 9:50 am

To expand on wlbts figures:

34 people have voted in yet another poll put up re Smithman sighting: 18 people (53%) believe the Smiths; 13 (38%) doubt them; 3 (9%) don't know. This poll means very little (if anything) due to the low poll and the fact that some active CMOMM members have left over Mr Bennett's apparent obsession with the Smith family.

I think Cristobal's post above is terrific. I log in to CMOMM most days for the (occasional) drama. As she says, things are quiet in McCannland and most topics have been discussed to death. I haven't posted here for a few days because there's nothing new I can say, and there are other issues its better to give my time to.
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 9:54 am

Yes Antonia, I'm much the same - I don't post about details of the McCann case as much these days, because I've done plenty of that and now I'm just playing the waiting game for something to happen, if indeed it ever does.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 9:57 am

Antonia wrote:To expand on wlbts figures:

34 people have voted in yet another poll put up re Smithman sighting: 18 people (53%) believe the Smiths; 13 (38%) doubt them; 3 (9%) don't know.  This poll means very little (if anything) due to the low poll and the fact that some active CMOMM members have left over Mr Bennett's apparent obsession with the Smith family.

I think Cristobal's post above is terrific.  I log in to CMOMM most days for the (occasional) drama. As she says, things are quiet in McCannland and most topics have been discussed to death. I haven't posted here for a few days because there's nothing new I can say, and there are other issues its better to give my time to.

Talking of figures, only 34 people voted......out of 3,000 members Rolling Eyes Smile

I'd put Cuddle Cat under my pillow at night to be closer to my baby. Not wash memories away - Katie Hopkins
Admin
Admin

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:00 am

Maybe when he gets up to 'Smithman - Part 376' then more people might participate in his wonderful polls Very Happy
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:05 am

My take on it is people are so caught up in the protection the mcs have so therefore think Martin and his family must be in it too. IMO it's just that the Smith family where at the right place at the right time, the silence and absence of the media (no courting of the media) shows me just how reliable the Smiths are.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:08 am

Admin wrote:

34 people have voted in yet another poll put up re Smithman sighting: 18 people (53%) believe the Smiths; 13 (38%) doubt them; 3 (9%) don't know.  This poll means very little (if anything) due to the low poll and the fact that some active CMOMM members have left over Mr Bennett's apparent obsession with the Smith family.

I think Cristobal's post above is terrific.  I log in to CMOMM most days for the (occasional) drama. As she says, things are quiet in McCannland and most topics have been discussed to death. I haven't posted here for a few days because there's nothing new I can say, and there are other issues its better to give my time to.

Talking of figures, only 34 people voted......out of 3,000 members Rolling Eyes Smile

Actions speak more than words then.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:09 am

Admin wrote:

Tony seems to have the same flair for manipulating figures as the McCanns, but when numbers are stretched into  the realms of the ridiculous (OFM 600,000 likes on FB, lol), people can see how phoney they are.

I wonder what 34 out of 3000 is, as a percentage? I'm crap at maths Sad - but I guess its on par with tory voters in Brighton Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:14 am

Cristobell wrote:
Tony seems to have the same flair for manipulating figures as the McCanns, but when numbers are stretched into  the realms of the ridiculous (OFM 600,000 likes on FB, lol), people can see how phoney they are.

I wonder what 34 out of 3000 is, as a percentage? I'm crap at maths Sad - but I guess its on par with tory voters in Brighton Smile

A tiny fraction above 1% Cristobell. But what percentage of these 3000 members actually ever post on the forum? The percentage can't be much higher.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:16 am

34 out of 3000.

1.133 %

13 out of 3000

0.43 %
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:17 am

Certainly, as with any forum, the membership total will include many people who've been banned or simply disappeared of their own accord.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:37 am

The outcome of the poll is meaningless when the participation rate is so low. However, the existence of the poll and all the previous ones does (to my mind) indicate an unhealthy obsession with how other people think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:41 am

Justformaddiemccann wrote:My take on it is people are so caught up in the protection the mcs have so therefore think Martin and his family must be in it too. IMO it's just that the Smith family where at the right place at the right time, the silence and absence of the media (no courting of the media) shows me just how reliable the Smiths are.
IMO

Indeed JFMM!  Of all the mountains of crap printed in this case, the MSM have kept a respectful distance from the Smith family.  Knowing the cash value of Maddie stories, this is quite a phenomenon.  Unfortunately the lack of real information in the MSM has allowed Tony Bennett to create myths about these witnesses that come purely from his own imagination.  We can all link to anyone we want by a simple process of six degrees of separation.  My mother was Irish, I was raised a catholic and I once went through Rothley on a Megabus = I am an IRA sympathiser, a Vatican spy and lifelong chum of the McCanns.  I would love to know what he is really saying about me, but I bet I'm close Smile

Jesting aside, I think we on this forum should continue to challenge, and indeed stamp out Tony's nonsense.  The Smiths cannot defend themselves.  I was appalled to see that the odious S---P--- post details of what she claimed was one of the Smith children's birth registration.  Just how low are they prepared to go?  If I were this child's parents, I would be furious, but Mr and Mrs S, cannot say anything without compromising the case.  I'm sure that those who are continually provoking and taunting this family are fully aware of that -they may even hope the family respond in order to force a mistrial.  

But bravo to Mr and Mrs Smith, they have kept their cool and their integrity throughout and will no doubt continue to do so.  Meanwhile we on this forum can at least challenge the ridiculous theories put forward and point out the despicable actions of those people who are intimidating and bullying this family.

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:53 am

Hmm, confused about that, as the name searched for was Lucy Aoife Smith?
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:56 am

It's very unlikely that the Lucy Smith born in Norwich has any connection whatsoever with Aoife Smith in Ireland.

A case of putting two and two together and making five, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:00 am

wlbts wrote:The outcome of the poll is meaningless when the participation rate is so low.  However, the existence of the poll and all the previous ones does (to my mind) indicate an unhealthy obsession with how other people think.

Tony doesn't care what other people think WLBTS, he is seeking approval, he wants reassurance that he is right, dead right, he has invested a lot of time, money and emotion in this case - he has to be right in order to validate everything he has done, because much of what he has done is morally reprehensible.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:00 am

A defence was given that the info is in the 'public domain' - but then, that is the case for most children. That doesn't mean it is right to discuss those details on forums like these, especially not in this context - there is certainly no moral right whatsoever. I would be incandescent if any of my children were discussed on an internet forum ... but given what has been said about me recently, and the digging that has been done into my private life, I'm starting to expect it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:18 am

wlbts wrote:A defence was given that the info is in the 'public domain' - but then, that is the case for most children.  That doesn't mean it is right to discuss those details on forums like these, especially not in this context - there is certainly no moral right whatsoever.  I would be incandescent if any of my children were discussed on an internet forum ... but given what has been said about me recently, and the digging that has been done into my private life, I'm starting to expect it.

Totally agree WLBTS, I'm not a violent person, but had she done that to one of my kids I would knock her block off! Evil or Very Mad The public domain defence is no defence at all. This is the age of Information, we could all stalk and spy on each other, but we choose not to. In the old days we could have sat outside a person's house with binoculars watching them 24/7, but again, the majority of us never chose to do that. Its not normal S---P---, its downright creepy. We shouldn't do something just because we can, we have to use our own judgment and integrity. Anyone of us could publish the details of enemy's children, but we don't, because there is a line and you S---P--- have sunk so low beneath it you are no longer visible.

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:25 am

I wonder where the Lucy bit comes from? Just thinking, if we added any name to any one else's name we'd get relations around the planet.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:45 am

Especially if the name you're adding it to happens to be Smith, I'd have thought.
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:12 pm

Cristobell, why bring this up? Can't you and TB take your tiff's offline or more private, how long is the bitching going to last? I joined this forum as it was not cmomm and there are many members here that I think are worth reading and debating with. I'm still a member and occasional poster over there and it is like any other forum on the Internet (including this one), it's full of good bad and indifferent people, some who have hidden agendas and some sincere. If TB wants to rant on about his theory (I think the Smiths are honourable people) then let him get on with it on 'his' forum. There's no need to bring the hate fest to this new forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:29 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:Cristobell, why bring this up? Can't you and TB take your tiff's offline or more private, how long is the bitching going to last? I joined this forum as it was not cmomm and there are many members here that I think are worth reading and debating with. I'm still a member and occasional poster over there and it is like any other forum on the Internet (including this one), it's full of good bad and indifferent people, some who have hidden agendas and some sincere. If TB wants to rant on about his theory (I think the Smiths are honourable people) then let him get on with it on 'his' forum. There's no need to bring the hate fest to this new forum.

The problem is that this forum is being brought into it continually HP.  I said from the outset this forum was separate and for those who wanted a different place to air the opinions, yet this is not being allowed to happen.  Members have a right to be upset and a right to reply if they are being publicly attacked.  I do not understand why when the people have left they are still being pursued here.  

I would be happy if the 'bitching' stopped too HP and we each got on with our own thing.

ETA...We are still entitled to discuss Smithman, and how we feel about the sighting and our opinions. TB's 'opinion' has a right to be challenged.
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:51 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:Cristobell, why bring this up? Can't you and TB take your tiff's offline or more private, how long is the bitching going to last? I joined this forum as it was not cmomm and there are many members here that I think are worth reading and debating with. I'm still a member and occasional poster over there and it is like any other forum on the Internet (including this one), it's full of good bad and indifferent people, some who have hidden agendas and some sincere. If TB wants to rant on about his theory (I think the Smiths are honourable people) then let him get on with it on 'his' forum. There's no need to bring the hate fest to this new forum.

The problem is that this forum is being brought into it continually HP.  I said from the outset this forum was separate and for those who wanted a different place to air the opinions, yet this is not being allowed to happen.  Members have a right to be upset and a right to reply if they are being publicly attacked.  I do not understand why when the people have left they are still being pursued here.  

I would be happy if the 'bitching' stopped too HP and we each got on with our own thing.

ETA...We are still entitled to discuss Smithman, and how we feel about the sighting and our opinions. TB's 'opinion' has a right to be challenged.
Cristobell has her blog and she's said plenty on that! Never mind TB's latest poll who cares? Let him go on his 'trip' just don't go on about it here. The Smith's sighting according to Amaral is an important piece of evidence, that's good enough an endorsement for me. We should be able to discuss Smithman here without lowering ourselves to cheap jibes etc. and getting all hung up on 'revenge' or a theory that hardly anybody else thinks is credible.

Last edited by Hongkong Phooey on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:54 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Never mind TB's latest poll who cares?  Let him go on his 'trip' just don't go on about it here. The Smith's sighting according to Amaral is an important piece of evidence, that's good enough an endorsement for me.

Yes, I'm all for that Smile And as I'm not a member over there, I'll just ignore the attacks on me in future - it's just some crazy people with an internet connection that mean less than nothing to me.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top