That Smithman Sighting

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: That Smithman Sighting

Post  AndyB on Wed 17 May 2017, 2:05 pm

Rob Royston wrote:
Freedom wrote:That's how I feel. There was nothing unusual about it.

There is no known reason for the family to invent their story so I think that they did see someone who may well have had nothing whatsoever to do with anything.

It's interesting though the kerfuffle that mention of the sighting creates in certain quarters.
If I remember correctly, Mr Smith did not just notice the similarity between Gerry carrying his sleeping son off the plane and the man they had seen in PDL, He was also drawn to the identical way he turned his head to the side in both situations which was probably what made him fairly sure it was the same person.
Where did you read that Rob? I can't see it in the files, all I can see is this...

"He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children."
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 17 May 2017, 2:30 pm

There's 18 different threads/topics on CMoMM that has either Smithman or Smiths in the title. And that's just on the first page of their 'Crimewatch' section.

All desperately and unconvincingly (by the usual suspects) trying to persuade folk that the Smith family are all liars with a lot of deliberate misinformation and obfuscation thrown in for good measure as well.

Just thought I'd drop that off.

As you were, folks. Very Happy
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg on Wed 17 May 2017, 3:41 pm

AndyB wrote:
Rob Royston wrote:
Andrew wrote:
canada12 wrote:They did cut to Kate and Gerry sitting backstage looking extremely nervous before they went on the air, though. I was struck by just how worried they looked -as were others. I wondered if they hadn't been told what to expect- only that there would be new information about Tannerman presented. And they were very very worried about what would happen next, live, on tv in the UK.

Yeah I agree. I don't think they were in the loop or knew anything about Redwood's "revelation" moment... Which was obviously to eliminate Tannerman and bring the focus back on Smithman.

I don't think they saw that one coming at all.

It was the moment that showed that the cover-up is not there to protect the McCann's but to cover up whatever was originally being played out at PDL that week.
I totally agree. So what are your views on Grange?

I totally agree too....

The latest Panorama stated that Smith changed his mind about the man he saw being Gerry... I wonder if that is the case?
Perhaps he was 'persuaded' by Kennedy.
Why would he change his mind otherwise.....
But I dont trust what Panorama said - it was blatant propaganda (charity indeed..)
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 17 May 2017, 4:24 pm

That was corrected later on the Panorama website.

The programme is subject to a correction. In this episode it was stated that Mr and Mrs McCann had set up a charity, the ‘Find Madeleine’ fund. In fact the fund was established as a not-for-profit company with charitable aims.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Wed 17 May 2017, 4:36 pm

Freedom wrote:That was corrected later on the Panorama website.

The programme is subject to a correction. In this episode it was stated that Mr and Mrs McCann had set up a charity, the ‘Find Madeleine’ fund. In fact the fund was established as a not-for-profit company with charitable aims.

Yes, all well and good but it is a bit late when everyone has already watched it.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nannygroves on Wed 17 May 2017, 5:18 pm

I find it strange that OG is now pinning  hopes on a woman dressed in purple as a possible abductor. Why has the focus gone from Smithman all of a sudden when Redwood was giving it large on Crimewatch and saying how important the sighting was? Either Mr Smith came forward and said it was all a figment of his imagination which his family backed up or Smithman himself has come forward and been exonerated from any wrongdoing OR 'purple woman' and 'Smithman' were a COUPLE .
nannygroves

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 17 May 2017, 5:29 pm

.... Maybe they need to corroborate the Smiths sighting by flushing out and putting some pressure on 'purple woman' (Tanner).

If that hasn't been done already.

.... It's interesting that 'purple woman' is not allowed to be discussed over the road as well.

Fascinating in fact.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:29 pm

So what's the latest with the updated/new/revised version of ''Smithman'....

Smithman part 314 is it?

Where's Tony Bennett with more McCann agenda rubbish?

Sharon wotsit as well. And not to mention Jill.

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:32 pm

It's not Thursday yet, Andrew!

I haven't seen anything very recently about them recently over there.

Let's not rattle any cages, please.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:45 pm

Hiya, freedom.

No it's not. Thursday.

Anyway, the weather is not very good this eve (where I am anyway), And a boring match with Man Utd.

Better tomorrow, I hope.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:50 pm

Find something else to do tonight please! You know that you will be embarrassed to read your ramblings in the morning.

I've removed a sentence from your previous post as it could be taken as a threat.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Royston on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:55 pm

AndyB wrote: Where did you read that Rob? I can't see it in the files, all I can see is this...

"He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children."

Hi Andy, this is not where I first read that bit but it's quoted on this site. I get the impression from the wording that It is Goncalo Amaral's words.

" He recognises the way the man turns his head down and the way the child is being held against the shoulder. It is exactly the same as the man he saw on the streets of Praia da Luz, four months earlier."

https://mmknowthetruth.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/the-smiths-sighting.html

Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Thu 18 May 2017, 7:56 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:Yep that makes sense. When MS originally reported the sighting he wouldn't know it was Jane but interviewed later he would.

At around the time that the Smiths went to Portugal to give a detailed description of Smith-man (and also help create an e-fit) Jane Tanner's Tanner-man sketch was made public. This strikes me as too much of a coincidence. It is almost as though TM were desperate to take the attention away from Smith-man and on to Tanner-man. And this is, indeed, what happened. Smith-man was buried for a long time while Tanner-man was being promoted as the 'abductor'.  

It may be that the Smiths at first genuinely believed that Tanner-man was the abductor who swooped at 9.15pm and therefore the man they saw could not have been responsible for what happened.

It could be that it was only after Robert Murat was made arguido (and it may be the Smiths were privy to certain local gossip with regard to what may or may not have happened) that the Smiths came forward to say that the man they saw was definitely not Robert Murat. This sounds quite reasonable. Smith-man looks nothing like Robert Murat who, apart from anything, wears glasses.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? on Thu 18 May 2017, 9:32 pm

It's interesting that on the McCanns' official website they are still displaying a prominent image of Tannerman, they are still saying that the police cannot be certain that the man returning from the night creche and Tannerman are the same person and they are still asking for information. There's no mention of a woman in purple at all. I wonder why they haven't updated the site?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 18 May 2017, 10:03 pm

They're not going to emphasise purple woman. The same reason why they've never emphasised Smithman... (apart from some half-arse attempt to morph the pair)
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 on Thu 18 May 2017, 11:15 pm

Andrew wrote:They're not going to emphasise purple woman. The same reason why they've never emphasised Smithman... (apart from some half-arse attempt to morph the pair)

Purple woman has a quick change of clothes while walking through the streets of Luz, stopping only to sedate three children, open some shutters for the sake of it, and abduct a child, getting spotted by the Smiths later?

She should be fairly easy to track down, she would have been admitted to a mental hospital within hours of having lost her sanity to that extent!

mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 18 May 2017, 11:24 pm

Not sure about that, Mo6.

Purple woman told a big fat porkie from the off. And everyone knows that.

Games being played by the MSM as they know all that as well.

Imo.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 19 May 2017, 9:46 am

Not sure on that,a description was altered possibly.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

View previous topic View next topic Back to top