Martin Brunt - Life of Crime blogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt - Life of Crime blogs

Post  candyfloss on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Some interesting reading here on these archived blogs and lots of replies. Here is one link, after the article you can see many more posts for 2007 and a calender for 2008 and 2009 blogs

http://skynews4.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/12/the-madeleine-c.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Martin Brunt - Life of Crime blogs

Post  candyfloss on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Who'll Take Part In Madeleine Reconstruction?
May 15, 2008

350mccann_2

By Crime correspondent Martin Brunt

Will they, won't they go to back to Praia da Luz for the reconstruction?

A call from Portugal tells me the McCanns' lawyer has said the couple are now prepared to take part in a re-enactment of the night Madeleine disappeared.

But the McCanns' spokesman, Clarence, says they are still considering the "request" from the Portuguese police and their legal man in Lisbon has been misquoted.

They still want their arguido status lifted, but would go back if ordered to.

Anything to help the investigation, he says.

But if they have a choice, they don't see the point in a reconstruction that would not be televised as an appeal for information.

He says the detectives turned down that idea months ago.

And, says a friend, no one has bothered to consider the emotional impact on Kate who would find it difficult to watch a young girl playing her missing daughter.

It's unlikely to happen unless everyone agrees to return, including the Tapas 7, some of whom have reservations after twice being quizzed over the events of that night.

Apparently, a third date for the reconstruction has been scheduled, but what's the point if the protagonists are not there?

It was to have been before the year's anniversary, then this week, now the May 30.

http://skynews4.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/05/who-will-take-p.html

My bit in bold

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Burglar Snatches Madeleine Sermon Notes
May 01, 2008

From Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt

350_church

I don't suppose it will distract them from their endeavours this weekend, but two of Kate and Gerry McCanns' closest friends in Praia da Luz have been burgled ahead of the Madeleine anniversary.

Anglican priest Haynes Hubbard and his wife Susan lost a computer that contains personal and confidential email exchanges between the two couples.

The laptop also held notes on which Father Hubbard was basing his sermon about Madeleine at the weekend.

Mrs Hubbard is concerned, too, about private telephone numbers stored on a mobile that was also stolen.

The Hubbards became great friends and comforters of the McCanns in the days after Madeleine's disappearance and have kept in touch since Gerry and Kate returned to the UK.

I interviewed Father Hubbard several times and he was always a rather serious guy.

His wife was quite different.

One afternoon I spotted her emptying an impressive bag of bottles beside the recycling point at the end of the promenade.

"Oh no," she gasped in mock horror. "Vicar's wife in secret booze scandal."

She didn't strike me as the Amy Winehouse type.

But, then, I've never heard her sing.

http://skynews4.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/05/burglar-snatche.html

There are lots of posts after all the blog, too many to put here.

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:21 pm

candyfloss wrote:Some interesting reading here on these archived blogs and lots of replies.  Here is one link, after the article you can see many more posts for 2007 and a calender for 2008 and 2009 blogs

http://skynews4.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/12/the-madeleine-c.html

Bernice Lund South Africa...Pamela Gurney!

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Great find and interesting stuff. I just clicked on to his other one called 'dark forces at work' or something... It threw me out and wouldn't reload. Now it won't let me on the site at all... Saying 'this site can't be reached'.. scratch

Nothing wrong with tinterweb connection. Those dark forces are bloody quick at work then. Very Happy

I'm sure it's just me but most odd scratch
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:42 pm

No conspiracy - it works fine now. Just the original page when opened up in another tab wouldn't refresh.

Was getting paranoid Suspect
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top