There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will Prince William become King or will Charles put the kibosh on it!

44% 44% 
[ 4 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 9

There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  candyfloss on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 7:12 pm

Interesting topic - will William manage to become King or will Charles before him ruin the monarchy.  Just a good old poll for fun.




There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King 




The marriage of Prince Willam and Kate Middleton captured the imagination of the public in a way that hadn’t been done since his late mother, Diana, became a royal in 1981.
However, it now seems very unlikely that Prince William will ever become King William.
After the Queen’s illness at Christmas, concerns were raised for her health and many began speculating on what her son Charles will be like on the throne when she passes away. 
Controversially, Dr. Bob Morris, of University College London’s Constitution Unit, has claimed that he believes Charles will be the one to destroy the British monarchy!

In comments that will appal royalists, he told The Daily Star that the fate of the thousand-year-old institution will be ‘impossible to predict’. 

His concern stems from Charles’ many passion projects like farming, the environment and social deprivation.
The royal family is banned from getting involved in the government since 1688 and Morris is convinced that Charles will not be able to remain ‘neurtral’.
‘As King he would have the traditional rights to be consulted, to encourage and to warn,’ he said.
‘Should a King seek to exceed these traditional duties, for example by publicly opposing his government’s policies, then an impasse could ensue,’ he warned.

He foresees a Brexit-style Yes/No referendum on whether or not the monarchy should be abolished and if that happened, what would it mean for Will, Kate, Harry and Meghan?

Not to mention the next adorable generation?
Only time will tell. 
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/national/there%e2%80%99s-a-good-chance-that-prince-william-will-never-be-king/ar-AAmaykE?li=BBoPOOl


PS....Spelling mistakes not mine but in article!

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 9836
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Mimi on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 7:35 pm

What a sick making picture - symbolising everything wrong in society IMO. The royals are, and always have been, despicable people.

I don`t think the queen wants Charles to become king that`s why she`s hanging on. Charles is getting on for 70 himself, so it`ll probably pass to William.




_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Dee Coy on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 7:47 pm

I rather like Charlie, out of all of them. I like his organic farming and belief in traditional architecture and decent housing for all.

Don't really see the point of the monarchy in their current guise, they're just dumb ornaments and bloody expensive ones at that, and completely dissociated from real life and real values.

People like Andrew and Harry, for example, appear to be pointless good-time biys with nothing between their ears but self-gratification. But at least Charles has commitments in his life, and good ones at that.

Can't see the Monarchy ending because the King has green tendancies and a social conscience, who's going to object to that? Much sadder that we do not challenge the current status quo - a Queen who heads a state of inequality and injustice where the poor are dying on the streets and the NHS has been sold out and lies in ruins, and says nothing.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2112
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Mimi on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 8:16 pm

Charles has some good points I agree. I do wonder if Queenie and Phil blame themselves for how Charles`s life unfolded. As one gets older, one looks back on mistakes and faults, but then that was just how it was at that time. I can`t see Queenie approving of how Charles carried on an affair with Camilla after his marriage to Diana.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Andrew on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:41 am

Prince Charles popping into Rothley today:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/live-prince-charles-royal-visit-to-leicester-and-leicestershire/story-30084899-detail/story.html

(I once inadvertently found myself about 20 ft away from Prince Charles getting his pecker out and having a piddle. True story)
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  unreorganised on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:53 am

Andrew wrote:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/live-prince-charles-royal-visit-to-leicester-and-leicestershire/story-30084899-detail/story.html


11:45  Pictures: Here is the steam train Prince Charles will travel in later today



Here is the steam train Prince Charles will travel in to the Mountsorrell and Rothley Community Heritage Centre.

The picture shows it being cleaned at Loughborough this morning by Nathaniel Parker, aged 17.

He was allowed a day off college to clean the train.


I thought this was amusing, as the actor Nathaniel Parker (Inspector Lynley) is the son of Sir Peter Parker, who used to be the chairman of British Rail.

avatar
unreorganised

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2016-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Andrew on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:56 am

... I always thought Peter Parker was Spiderman.
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Mimi on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:57 am

Andrew wrote:Prince Charles popping into Rothley today:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/live-prince-charles-royal-visit-to-leicester-and-leicestershire/story-30084899-detail/story.html

(I once inadvertently found myself about 20 ft away from Prince Charles getting his pecker out and having a piddle. True story)

Blimey - not one snap of the McCanns elbowing their way to the forefront.

Now Andrew - you don`t think you can drop a little ditty like that into the conversation without giving us more details do you.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Mimi on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:00 pm

Andrew wrote:... I always thought Peter Parker was Spiderman.

No, that was Peter Piper, who picked a peck of pickled peppers

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Andrew on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:07 pm

Mimi wrote:
Andrew wrote:Prince Charles popping into Rothley today:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/live-prince-charles-royal-visit-to-leicester-and-leicestershire/story-30084899-detail/story.html

(I once inadvertently found myself about 20 ft away from Prince Charles getting his pecker out and having a piddle. True story)

Blimey - not one snap of the McCanns elbowing their way to the forefront.

Now Andrew - you don`t think you can drop a little ditty like that into the conversation without giving us more details do you.

Very Happy

It was about 27/28 years ago... He was fox-hunting in a village in Derbyshire. Some friends of my folks had a farm and the hunting was taking place in adjacent land (not theirs). Myself, my dad, owner of said farm and his son walked down to to have a look. We were observing from the edge of a small wood when 3 horses started to leave the group and head in our direction. We all remained silent and like statues and then realised it was actually Prince Charles himself who got off his horse, came towards the wood and had a pee. The 2 guys on the other horses were his bodyguards. When he finished the 3 of them rode off and joined the rest of the group. They never saw us.

Wasn't a pleasant sight, I must say.
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Mimi on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:12 pm

Thanks Andrew Laughing

Not many people can claim to have seen a royal pecker Laughing

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Andrew on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:14 pm

Mimi wrote:Thanks Andrew Laughing

Not many people can claim to have seen a royal pecker Laughing

That's true. Stuff of nightmares though Shocked
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Freedom on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:20 pm

Perhaps we can have a topic of intimate encounters with royalty or other rich famous people - not the kiss and tell variety though that the tabloids would fight over.

I don't think that anyone will be able to beat Andrew's story!

_________________
Quote from Jill Havern:

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12761
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Andrew on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:29 pm

Freedom wrote:Perhaps we can have a topic of intimate encounters with royalty or other rich famous people - not the kiss and tell variety though that the tabloids would fight over.

I don't think that anyone will be able to beat Andrew's story!

I have lots of stories like that (although that's the only one involving royalty).

My personal favourite was having a car chase with David Beckham on the roads of Manchester.

Or when I randomly ended up having a night on the p!ss with Ricky Hatton.

I tend to keep them to myself these days as often folk tend not to believe you. Very Happy

avatar
Andrew

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Mimi on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 1:11 pm

I don`t have any `intimate` encounters but I did accidentally bump into Princess Diana twice in the same day. She visited the maternity hospital where I was a student nurse. I`m not one to be interested in celebrities so I purposely used the lifts at the back of the hospital to avoid any crowds - and who got in but Diana, 2 body guards and a couple of hospital worthies. They let me out at my floor and went on up. Surprisingly I was using it again a bit later and they all got in again and she laughed and made some quip. It`s true what they say - she was so nice and ordinary.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Freedom on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 1:27 pm

Going back to the original comment, I think it's more likely that it's Charles and not William who won't be king, simply because his mother might outlive him.

_________________
Quote from Jill Havern:

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12761
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  coppernob on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:56 pm

Small world Mimi Smile The day Lady Di came to open the new maternity ward was the day that I left hospital after having my daughter who is now 24 !! I can just remember that the lifts had had brand new carpet put in them and it was hard to get out of the hospital that day
avatar
coppernob

Posts : 91
Join date : 2014-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Mimi on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:17 pm

coppernob wrote:Small world Mimi Smile The day Lady Di came to open the new maternity ward was the day that I left hospital after having my daughter who is now 24 !! I can just remember that the lifts had had brand new carpet put in them and it was hard to get out of the hospital that day

How funny - we might have met if you were on those wards at the same time. It wasn`t a happy time for me there - most of the midwives were control freaks and quite nasty, except one who really felt for the ladies and babies and I learnt a lot from. Years later I worked with an ex-midwife who had left because of the controlling, hardness of midwives. I think that hospital also had bad reports about the care received. I would hope there has been a big turnaround now, but from what my daughter-in-law said when she had her baby there, they are still dictatorial, unsympathetic and medical model minded.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  Mo on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:32 pm

I once met the Duke and Duchess of Kent. It was the opening of the new Civic Centre in the town I lived in back in 1969/70. I was in the choir and when the ceramony was over the Duchess came along the front row of the choir asking what we were going to do when we left school. I just said I was going to work in an office but really at the time I didn't know what I wanted to do. A few years after that The Duchess seemed to go down hill, I think the Duke was a bit of a brute toward her.
avatar
Mo

Posts : 753
Join date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: There’s a good chance that Prince William will never be King

Post  coppernob on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 12:47 am

Mimi wrote:
coppernob wrote:Small world Mimi Smile The day Lady Di came to open the new maternity ward was the day that I left hospital after having my daughter who is now 24 !! I can just remember that the lifts had had brand new carpet put in them and it was hard to get out of the hospital that day

How funny - we might have met if you were on those wards at the same time. It wasn`t a happy time for me there - most of the midwives were control freaks and quite nasty, except one who really felt for the ladies and babies and I learnt a lot from.   Years later I worked with an ex-midwife who had left because of the controlling, hardness of midwives.  I think that hospital also had bad reports about the care received.  I would hope there has been a big turnaround now, but from what my daughter-in-law said when she had her baby there, they are still dictatorial, unsympathetic and medical model minded.

I have five children so what are the odds ? Embarassed I think that hospital has too big a catchment area to cope which makes for a very impersonal experience.
avatar
coppernob

Posts : 91
Join date : 2014-09-26

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum