Feminist issues

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feminist issues

Post  nannygroves on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 6:42 pm

I'm probably going to upset everyone on here but why is it that most lesbians seem to be butch women? I can't understand why, if you didn't like men, why you would fancy someone who's very male. Likewise with gay men. Most seem to be very effeminate . Surely if a man didn't like women he'd fancy a big burly bloke? Can't get my head around it . As far as I'm concerned, the world has gone bonkers especially when it appears women don't have vaginas any longer, they have a 'front hole!' Yes, really!!! Doctors in the NHS are being advised not to call pregnant women , ' mothers' as it may offend . And the recent new story of the man who is pregnant : NO!  It's a woman. Men DON'T have babies ( yet) It's all getting very very silly.
avatar
nannygroves

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Freedom on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 6:49 pm

I don't know enough (or anything at all really) on what attracts people to others so I'll leave that but I do agree that the headlines about "pregnant men" are silly when those concerned are biologically women.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14683
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Mimi on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:29 pm

nannygroves wrote:
Freedom wrote:Perhaps BO (unfortunate initials) is bisexual. Neither this (if true) or doubts on Michelle Obama's gender (pigs might fly) are in any way illegal though this may have excluded him from public office at the present time.

P.S. I used to know a couple, one was bisexual and the other transgender.

Made for each other, you could say!

I'm probably going to upset everyone on here but why is it that most lesbians seem to be butch women? I can't understand why, if you didn't like men, why you would fancy someone who's very male. Likewise with gay men. Most seem to be very effeminate . Surely if a man didn't like women , he'd fancy a big burly bloke? Can't get my head around it . As far as I'm concerned, the world has gone bonkers especially when it appears women don't have vaginas any longer, they have a 'front hole!' Yes, really!!! Doctors in the NHS are being advised not to call pregnant women , ' mothers' as it may offend . And the recent new story of the man who is pregnant : NO!  It's a woman. Men DON'T have babies ( yet) It's all getting very very silly.

This is based on experience and also through my TA studies years ago, but many gays are stuck in `child` mode, as opposed to `parent` or `adult` mode. `Child` mode is playful, creative, fun loving hence why so many of them love the theatre, show Biz, Madonna, Kylie minogue etc, many work in the theatrical sphere or on TV, (lots at the BBC), in the Arts etc., they love attention and love to be loved, love fun fairs and travelling shows etc.  Nothing wrong with that but the more negative aspect of `child` is that they don`t like taking responsibility, can be demanding, throw tantrums, and have lots of emotional ups and downs.  I`m not sure what causes them to get stuck emotionally at the age where there is the transition to manhood; maybe it`s just a fear of growing up and obviously the more tender individuals will find this transition very difficult.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Mimi on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:36 pm

Also I am sick and tired of all the feminism business. Why do they want to be equal to men. There are opposing genders for a reason, i.e. opposites attract. Do they want society to end up as a load of hermaphrodites? Personally I`m glad we have masculine men in our armies and fighting fires and to take on law breakers.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  chirpyinsect on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 8:27 am

Mimi wrote:Also I am sick and tired of all the feminism business.  Why do they want to be equal to men.  There are opposing genders for a reason, i.e. opposites attract. Do they want society to end up as a load of hermaphrodites?  Personally I`m glad we have masculine men in our armies and fighting fires and to take on law breakers.
 Oh Mimi. I really have to speak out here.Of course the genders should celebrate their differences, but that doesn't mean that men, and only men should decide on the law as it affects women.
For years women have had to fight for equal pay, better working conditions, less discrimination etc, etc. They have marched and lobbied and petioned to earn the right to not be treated as second class citizens. Women weren't allowed to vote until men decided they could. In 1918 the Parliament of the United Kingdom passed an act granting the vote to women over the age of 30 who were householders, the wives of householders, occupiers of property with an annual rent of £5, and graduates of British universities.
We would still have these draconian rules if women hadn't campaigned for change. How dare the VP of the USA say that women might look to be raped because they would get a few days off work? How dare men decide what a woman does with her reproductive system?
That's what women march for. So their sisters don't have to go to backstreet abortion clinics after a man decides it's ok to grab her by the *****, and assault her because the President if the USA treats it as locker room banter. They march for equal pay for equal jobs and for the right to be treated fairly.
And women become fire-fighters and serve in the army and police force too.


Last edited by chirpyinsect on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)

_________________
Everything I write is my own opinion. Nothing stated as fact.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4644
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Feminist issues

Post  PMR on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 8:57 am

Some of the best Police officers I know are women, and some of them are small in height as well .
avatar
PMR

Posts : 547
Join date : 2014-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Freedom on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 10:35 am

Previous posts transferred from the CMoMM topic - if anyone can think of a better heading, please let me know and I'll change it.

P.S. A link to the story about not calling pregnant women mothers.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/doctors-told-not-to-call-pregnant-women-mothers-over-fears-they-might-offend-transgender-people/ar-AAmmPVw?li=BBoPRmx&ocid=mailsignout
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14683
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Mimi on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 11:53 am

I`m aware of all that Chirpy and agree with most of it regarding votes for women, equal pay, men making decisions about women, but I get fed up with gangs of women going on about it - it makes women so ugly - especially when they gang up like that crowd in the USA - it was so ugly and embarrassing - they just disgraced themselves.  I think it`s enough to put men right off women for good (and turn gay!). Women would get more respect if they allowed these things to happen naturally and by example.  There are thousands of women in top highly respected roles in science especially, and they have got there quietly and are respected by all WITHOUT demanding their rights.

I am of the mind that women and men are different for a reason, it`s how they are made - a woman is by nature the conserver, the nurturer etc. and it does not demean her brain power at all for her to be in that role. It is the most important role in the world to be the nurturer, the conserver, the teacher etc.  One thing I do agree about is that if a women chooses to be in that role, they should get paid for it.  Why women want to be like men and men be like women is just baffling to me.

And why ever are all these so called feminists (and the MSM) going on about Donald Trump being a woman hater which is totally the opposite of what he actually is - look at his own daughter for a start. It would be quite a different story if they cared to do their research and not just listen to the MSM which is funded by the likes of the extreme democrats and George Soros. Surely we all know by now there is a massive campaign of haters in the MSM trying to bring him down - it has been proved time and time again.  If they`d done their research and listened to him rather than pick out a few words out of context, they would know he is quite OCD about cleanliness and a one woman man - he is nearly 70 fgs.  The hulabaloo someone made about something he said 12 years ago between the lads was absolutely ridiculous and jumped on by the MSM to bring him down.  What`s wrong with what he said anyway - he was only saying how ridiculous it is that women chase him and if he was so inclined he could take them up on it.  

Here`s me batting for DT but I totally disagree with many of his ideas such as the oil pipeline, Israel, maybe abortion and there are others which I can`t remember right now.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  chirpyinsect on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 1:48 pm

Mimi, I like and respect your views on the McCann case but on this subject, I am horrified.
You are defending a man who thinks breast-feeding is disgusting, and I'm not talking about in public, who thinks women who have an abortion need to be punished, who joked that he would date his own daughter, who thinks women are usless if they put on weight, who calls women ugly, who is so sure of his own charisma he thinks he could have "nailed" Princess Di.
And please tell me I misunderstood when you said that men could turn gay because they might be put off by a woman who demands her rights. How very unenlightened. It's not possible for men to turn gay. You either are or you aren't.
And as for the thousands of women in high up positions who you say do so quietly; how on Earth do you think they were able to get to that stage? In some unenlightened parts of the world girls don't even get to go to school. Would you have all that potential written off until the men in those countries decided that natural progression decreed that they were permitted an education?
I am gobsmacked that any woman would excuse the behaviour of Trump but even more so that you, who are only permitted to vote because "ugly feminists" fought for your right to do so, should dismiss their efforts to change attitudes.
If the world was a fair place for everyone regardless of creed, colour, religion or gender, nobody would have to carry a placard and march to try to make a difference.
I don't hate men, by the way Mimi. I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive, but I would never allow a man to dictate what I should believe or order me to submit to his superiority. Relationships where both partners treat each other with mutual respect are much more likely to succeed than ones in which one partner considers themself the better of the two.

_________________
Everything I write is my own opinion. Nothing stated as fact.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4644
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Mimi on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 3:46 pm

I can tell you have been listening to the lies told by certain media who twist everything in order to demean him, e.g. no way did he say he finds breastfeeding disgusting - look for what ACTUALLY happened and you will see that a lawyer got her breast out IN FRONT OF HIM and proceeding to pump milk.  Which is totally inappropriate and I don`t blame him for saying it was disgusting (if he did).  Now the media jumped on that, twisted it round to make out he hates breastfeeding.

Another one - CNN reporter says Trump removed Martin Luther King`s bust from the Oval Office - it went viral - it was untrue - they publish a one line apology.  Now that could have been highly dangerous - imagine how they would have branded him a racist.

Anyway all these things are petty and irrelevant, manufactured to steer attention away from all the excellent things he is accomplishing, having recruited the best people for his team. (Who have the highest IQ of any previous governments).  So it would be good if you (or MSM) could find something serious to write about his actual accomplishments rather than act all `OMG Horrifed` over twisted petty things.  I do not agree with everything he is doing but that country needs to rectify the corruption of the last government that has got that country into such a mess.

Cross talk did a programme on the media and Trump, but I doubt you`ll be interested.

And my comment about gaggles of women turning men gay was tongue in cheek.  Although I`ve always thought that women en masse is embarrassing and ugly especially when they`ve been drinking.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  chirpyinsect on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 4:55 pm

We could toss this back and forward all night but one thing; the lawyer did not whip her boob out in front of anyone. She produced her breast pump to show that she needed an already scheduled and agreed feeding break for her child. Trump got angry because he thought she was trying to gain extra time and he exploded with rage, told her she was disgusting and stormed out.
However, had she been some piece of ass as he likes to refer to his possible conquests, he no doubt would have been happy to have an ogle.
I can tell you are becoming quite angry because I disagree with your defence of Trump, so let's agree to disagree while we can still remain civil.
Just to show I am prepared to seek out balance I will listen to the Crosstalk programme later.
ETA

 I've heard enough of Crosstalk to see it is hardly a balanced viewpoint. 3 conservative speakers and an ultra conservative host. Hmmm.


Last edited by chirpyinsect on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Everything I write is my own opinion. Nothing stated as fact.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4644
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Châtelaine on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 5:21 pm

I'm not a feminist. Used to be when it was still needed. Since a couple of decades, when asked, I rather refer to myself as "emancipated".

BTW the Dutch [and especially someone called Arjan Lubach, who has a TV-show on Sunday evenings] do have a good sense of humor. Click on the link [or copy/paste into your browser] and you'll know what I mean ;-) It IS hilarious!

avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2430
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Freedom on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 6:32 pm

I'd never heard of the incident with Donald Trump and the lawyer. I have now read up about it (it happened in 2011) and it just seems to have been a temper tantrum over the interruption to the proceedings; certainly nothing about saying breast-feeding in general is disgusting.

I personally think that mothers of young babies should make the choice of either looking after them full-time themselves or going out to work with someone else in charge. I really don't think that babies should be taken to work places. How can you concentrate on the job you're being paid for and attend to babies as well?
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14683
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Mimi on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:33 pm

[quote="chirpyinsect"]We could toss this back and forward all night but one thing; the lawyer did not whip her boob out in front of anyone. She produced her breast pump to show that she needed an already scheduled and agreed feeding break for her child. Trump got angry because he thought she was trying to gain extra time and he exploded with rage, told her she was disgusting and stormed out.
However, had she been some piece of ass as he likes to refer to his possible conquests, he no doubt would have been happy to have an ogle.
I can tell you are becoming quite angry because I disagree with your defence of Trump, so let's agree to disagree while we can still remain civil.

 Not angry Chirpy - I`m used to people disagreeing with me - I don`t usually bother to argue, so Yes, good idea to agree to disagree  flower

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Freedom on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:55 pm

Freedom wrote:I don't know enough (or anything at all really) on what attracts people to others so I'll leave that but I do agree that the headlines about "pregnant men" are silly when those concerned are biologically women.  

Here's a link to the story about the first pregnant "male" in the U K.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4098204/Former-Asda-worker-British-man-PREGNANT.html
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14683
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Bloodhound on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 10:18 pm

Is she not still classed as a woman until the gender bits have been fixed?

I still don't know what to make of Trump but I certainly don't believe all they hype about him until I see it. I looked up very little about him this past few months because coming up to elections in America they get very dirty so it's best to not believe a word of anything.

I enjoy a man holding a door open for me or offering me a seat Very Happy
avatar
Bloodhound

Posts : 407
Join date : 2016-06-19
Age : 101
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Freedom on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 10:44 pm

I would have thought so too as regard the change in gender. I knew a transgender person and she obtained a certificate once she'd had all the surgery to confirm that she was legally female.

As regards Donald Trump, I'm giving him a chance too to see what he can do.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14683
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Mimi on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 11:19 pm

But there`s no way a certificate can change their chromosomes surely, i.e. female = XX and male = XY. No matter how many bits they chop off or add, every cell in their body will always carry an XX or an XY even if they had male or female hormones injected.  Something must have gone wrong somewhere along the way, unless this is evolution at work and we`ll all end up with that syndrome in about ten million years time.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  chirpyinsect on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 7:21 am

Bloodhound wrote:Is she not still classed as a woman until the gender bits have been fixed?

I still don't know what to make of Trump but I certainly don't believe all they hype about him until I see it.  I looked up very little about him this past few months because coming up to elections in America they get very dirty so it's best to not believe a word of anything.

I enjoy a man holding a door open for me or offering me a seat Very Happy  
I also enjoy the polite nicities of this world, like giving up my seat for an elderly gentleman or holding a door open for someone else, regardless of gender. Politeness is not the same thing as feminism.
True feminism is protecting the rights of women to be treated equally in matters of law, employment, etc and to stop the outdated notion that we are somehow the chattels of men.
I agree with Mimi's view though that often crowd mentality can become ugly. But that happens often in any large gathering. The miners' strike became very ugly, for example. Some would say rightfully so as they were fighting for their jobs. So what's the difference?

_________________
Everything I write is my own opinion. Nothing stated as fact.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4644
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Freedom on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 10:16 am

Yes, that's true Mimi - the person remains biologically whatever they were at birth.

My son is keeping me up-to-date with the antics of Social Justice Warriors - militant feminists amongst others - and what an embarrassing lot they are!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14683
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Mysogyny classed as a hate crime in Nottinghamshire

Post  Freedom on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 11:28 am

I wonder if there are any members in Nottinghamshire who have thoughts on this subject.

The police are now classing offences such as wolf whistling and being looked at in a way that someone doesn't like as mysogyny and being treated as seriously as racial or homophobic incidents.

The incident in this BBC clip is described as harassment to a female reporter; to me it's just a probably drunken oaf being a prat in front of a camera, as so often happens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-36775398

The point I'm trying to make is that genuine offences such are being physically attacked are already covered by existing legislation; labelling everything as mysogyny when there is no evidence for this is a mistake in my opinion and could lead to malicious claims.

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/nearly-100-hate-crimes-in-notts-after-cops-new-approach/story-30161152-detail/story.html
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14683
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Mimi on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 12:06 pm

I`m not from Nottingham but surely wolf whistling is an appreciation of women not a hatred of women.

These days it seems to me there is less misogyny yet far more misandry which seems to have taken off lately with the re-eruption of feminism in an aggressive form.

Nothing wrong in a wolf whistle - but there is wrong if a woman`s space is invaded or she is touched - that would be a crime.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Freedom on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 12:18 pm

I'm glad that someone agrees with me - I didn't know how this topic would be greeted.

My son has opened my eyes to the worst excesses of militant feminism - yes, there is more misandry these days.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14683
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  candyfloss on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:10 pm

Blimey, nothing like a wolf whistle to make you feel good. What is wrong with everyone these days, the world has gone mad. I find it most depressing now I'm an old fossil and no one takes a blind bit of notice of moi, the old lady walking down the road. Smile Much rather the old days where your workmates could come and hug you and slap your behind and pinch your bum...... Laughing

_________________
  
   

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 11030
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Mimi on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:46 pm

lol!

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3424
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum