Feminist issues

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Feminist issues

Post  Andrew on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:54 pm

I get wolf-whistled by women all the time. It doesn't bother me in the slightest Very Happy
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:04 pm

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:18 pm

I'd better not put my paws on that fluffy female whom I've had my eye on for some time; I could be charged with being a mysogynist as well as a male chauvinist (guinea) pig.
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:35 pm

I've just learned from my son that there is a political party set up called Justice For Men and Boys.

https://j4mb.org.uk/about-mike-buchanan/

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 11:30 pm

I've lived in Nottinghamshire for over fifteen years. There was  an incident involving freshers at Nottingham university singing pretty misogynistic songs and one girl complained - it was pretty tasteless and the university made an apology but other than that I'd say Nottingham is a nice place and behaviour is fine, it's generally an  'ey up me duck' and that's it. I think the whole hate crime thing is madness - one university professor reported Amber Rudd for a hate crime following a conference speech on imigration. A young female solicitor complained about on older man complimenting her on her profile picture. I think it's a nonsense and I don't think Nottinghamshire people are hateful!

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:45 am

It's good to hear from someone in the area.

It's nonsense to class minor incidents as misogynist. My son has written to the Notts police to say what he thinks about the policy - it was well-worded if I may say so as the proof-reader!

I hadn't until recently heard of what happened to Erin Pizzey, the person who set up the first domestic violence refuge in the U K. She was forced to leave the country after commenting that women can be violent and paedophiles as well as men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Pizzey

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 9:44 am

I'm putting this link here though it's nothing to do with Nottinghamshire; supposedly it happened in London.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/22/why-a-viral-video-of-a-cyclists-revenge-on-catcallers-may-not-be-all-it-seems

It purports to show a female cyclist's revenge on a foul-mouthed moron in a van. Almost certainly it is a set-up with actors but it has produced the usual response from those with the attention span of a goldfish who can't grasp this fact and take it to be real.

What I find disturbing (apart from the stupidity of those who persist in saying it's real) is the view from many people that the cyclist was justified in what she did. I know that I have to be grateful that she didn't punch him in the face but I don't find criminal damage acceptable either!

This incident would definitely be classed as a hate crime in Nottinghamshire!

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 12 May 2017, 10:17 pm

Alas, there is quite an element of reality in this!

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top