MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!! GONCALO WINS 31/01/17 in Supreme Court

+31
Bloodhound
TheTruthWillOut
PMR
dannii
coppernob
Heisenburg
chilli
poster
froggy
Châtelaine
wjk
unreorganised
Bampots
gbwales
Satsuma
Mo
Helenmeg
Admin
espeland
Mimi
dogs don't lie
Inca
Benevolent
Poe
chrissie
chirpyinsect
Dee Coy
bluebell
AndyB
costello
Andrew
35 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!!  GONCALO WINS  31/01/17  in Supreme Court  - Page 14 Empty Re: McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!! GONCALO WINS 31/01/17 in Supreme Court

Post  Mimi Sun 05 Feb 2017, 6:57 pm

Bloodhound wrote:It's  more or less the same old garbage posted a while back, with up to date news.  

Can his Portuguese publishers publish the book in English?

Probably, but who would sell it over here? Amazon certainly wouldn`t and nor would any book shops because they are all cowed by the McCanns. All too afraid of being sued affraid

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!!  GONCALO WINS  31/01/17  in Supreme Court  - Page 14 Empty Re: McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!! GONCALO WINS 31/01/17 in Supreme Court

Post  candyfloss Sun 05 Feb 2017, 7:38 pm

It looks like some at another place are actually believing the spoof story on yournewswire site re the Supreme Court ruling....... Shocked .  As if a Supreme Court would say that. Rolling Eyes

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Sun 05 Feb 2017, 7:59 pm

Mimi wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:It's  more or less the same old garbage posted a while back, with up to date news.  

Probably, but who would sell it over here?  Amazon certainly wouldn`t and nor would any book shops because they are all cowed by the McCanns.  All too afraid of being sued affraid

But what would happen if someone else (ie Petermac) published something similar to GA's line of thinking but more up-to-date? The McCanns could sue or threaten to sue, but what would the public reaction be? And the MSM, if they got off the mark quickly, could serialise the book or report extracts from it.
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:05 pm

Mimi wrote:

Probably, but who would sell it over here?  Amazon certainly wouldn`t and nor would any book shops because they are all cowed by the McCanns.  All too afraid of being sued affraid

The main thing would be to get the book published in English first, I'm certain thousand of copies would find their way into U.K. houses. I wonder could they be sold on eBay? Or even sold to other countries like USA and Ireland. Everyone knows someone in USA or Ireland, it would be easy getting copies legally into UK. I'd take a boat over meself with suitcases full of books Laughing
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:07 pm

I think anyone could write a book along the lines of GA`s without actually saying `I believe they did it`. It could be written in an unbiased way but with all the same information GA put forward. I think the thing they are most afraid of is the mention of the dogs.

You never know PM might get his thesis published as a book one day.

Just "Don`t mention the dogs". Woof woof.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:09 pm

I can't believe I am reading this, OMG things ain't have changed, and from our dear old Tracey too.............

snipped

The couple, both 48 from Rothley, Leicestershire, pay for the costly service when needed from the Find Maddie Fund, which is made up of public donations and proceeds from Kate's own bestseller book 'Madeleine' published in 2011.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

pay for the costly service when need from the Find Maddie Fund Shocked Shocked  

As for this words fail me,

The friend of the McCann's, who are still reeling from their libel loss, said: 'If he thinks his old or new book will appear here he'll have another think coming If that's his intention whoever is responsible will be sued. Carter-Ruck will have no hesitation issuing a writ for defamation.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4193808/Kate-Gerry-McCann-warn-Portuguese-policeman-book.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:18 pm

Bloodhound wrote:

The main thing would be to get the book published in English first, I'm certain thousand of copies would find their way into U.K. houses.  I wonder could they be sold on eBay?  Or even sold to other countries like USA and Ireland. Everyone knows someone in USA or Ireland, it would be easy getting copies legally into UK.  I'd take a boat over meself with suitcases full of books Laughing

An "unofficial" translation of the book is already openly available via the internet and as far as we know no legal process has ever been attempted to get it removed.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:23 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mimi wrote:

The main thing would be to get the book published in English first, I'm certain thousand of copies would find their way into U.K. houses.  I wonder could they be sold on eBay?  Or even sold to other countries like USA and Ireland. Everyone knows someone in USA or Ireland, it would be easy getting copies legally into UK.  I'd take a boat over meself with suitcases full of books Laughing

Laughing

I reckon if they were being sold on eBay the Mcs would soon find out and eBay would get a letter from Carter Ruck, similar to the one sent to Amazon about Pat Brown`s book.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:24 pm

Yes I've read it but I think it would be fantastic to have hard copies published in English. They can't stop people from buying the book and may not be able to stop it from being sold to Ireland. If publishers won't push the book in the UK for fear of being sued then maybe other countries can. After that it would be simple to get the book into the uk.
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:27 pm

Mimi wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Laughing

I reckon if they were being sold on eBay the Mcs would soon find out and eBay would get a letter from Carter Ruck, similar to the one sent to Amazon about Pat Brown`s book.

If they could publish it in English in Portugal and sold it from there then the McCanns can do diddly squat about it. It wouldn't be long being passed round many homes in UK.
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:27 pm

'If he thinks his old or new book will appear here he'll have another think coming If that's his intention whoever is responsible will be sued. Carter-Ruck will have no hesitation issuing a writ for defamation.'

Ooooooooooooooow I`m so scared affraid affraid affraid

Oh what a w***er.  So typical of their bully boy friends.  Now it`s talk like that that will make Goncalo more determined.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm

Yes and it's talk like that that will make more people want to read to book Laughing
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm

Bloodhound wrote:Yes I've read it but I think it would be fantastic to have hard copies published in English.  They can't stop people from buying the book and may not be able to stop it from being sold to Ireland. If publishers won't push the book in the UK for fear of being sued then maybe other countries can.  After that it would be simple to get the book into the uk.

I'd print a few out and leave them around the place, but then GA might sue me for copyright infringement.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:33 pm

Oh goody. I've made some calculations [and, of course they cannot be 100% right, like the McCs wouldn't want us ...], BUT they cannot IMO afford any other kind of expensive libel trial. They're skint. Apart from the off-shore money, of course. IMO ;-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:33 pm

unreorganised wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:Yes I've read it but I think it would be fantastic to have hard copies published in English.  They can't stop people from buying the book and may not be able to stop it from being sold to Ireland. If publishers won't push the book in the UK for fear of being sued then maybe other countries can.  After that it would be simple to get the book into the uk.

I'd print a few out and leave them around the place, but then GA might sue me for copyright infringement.

If he published it in English in Portugal we could buy heaps of copies each and pass them round. Laughing I don't think we'd have to though. I'm sure the odd newspaper in UK will let it slip where the English copies can be bought in Portugal. Accidentally on purpose Laughing
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 05 Feb 2017, 8:37 pm

unreorganised wrote: [...]

:-D I don't think he would ...
Reminds me, that I should order a couple of French editions and distribute here around me.
They never bothered about the French, Dutch, German and Danish ones ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 05 Feb 2017, 9:34 pm

candyfloss wrote:It looks like some at another place are actually believing the spoof story on yournewswire site re the Supreme Court ruling....... Shocked .  As if a Supreme Court would say that. Rolling Eyes

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 05 Feb 2017, 10:09 pm

Mimi wrote:'If he thinks his old or new book will appear here he'll have another think coming If that's his intention whoever is responsible will be sued. Carter-Ruck will have no hesitation issuing a writ for defamation.'

Ooooooooooooooow I`m so scared  affraid  affraid  affraid

Oh what a w***er.  So typical of their bully boy friends.  Now it`s talk like that that will make Goncalo more determined.

Grrr! They talk as if it's their UK, as if the wishes of other residents are irrelevant.

"If he thinks his old or new book will appear here he'll have another think coming" indeed! It's not like banning muddy shoes from entering your house, Kate dear.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sun 05 Feb 2017, 10:53 pm

From your link:

Madeleine McCann's tormented parents have issued a stern warning to the retired police chief writing a second book about her disappearance.

Kate and Gerry McCann told Goncalo Amaral ahead of any potential release in the UK tonight: "Beware, our lawyers are watching!"

Sounds to me like they are running scared cheers Feeling the fear they wished on Goncalo it would seem - Karma at last !

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 05 Feb 2017, 11:00 pm

bluebell wrote:

From your link:

Madeleine McCann's tormented parents have issued a stern warning to the retired police chief writing a second book about her disappearance.

Kate and Gerry McCann told Goncalo Amaral ahead of any potential release in the UK tonight: "Beware, our lawyers are watching!"

Sounds to me like they are running scared        cheers         Feeling the fear they wished on Goncalo it would seem    -   Karma at last !

Your right bluebell Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 05 Feb 2017, 11:08 pm

[quote="candyfloss"]I can't believe I am reading this, OMG things ain't have changed, and from our dear old Tracey too.............

snipped

The couple, both 48 from Rothley, Leicestershire, pay for the costly service when needed from the Find Maddie Fund, which is made up of public donations and proceeds from Kate's own bestseller book 'Madeleine' published in 2011.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

pay for the costly service when need from the Find Maddie Fund Shocked Shocked  

As for this words fail me,

The friend of the McCann's, who are still reeling from their libel loss, said: 'If he thinks his old or new book will appear here he'll have another think coming If that's his intention whoever is responsible will be sued. Carter-Ruck will have no hesitation issuing a writ for defamation.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4193808/Kate-Gerry-McCann-warn-Portuguese-policeman-book.html[/quote

Notice how the McCanns now only appear to have one friend! lol!

How much did Kate make from the sales of her book?

Because if Dr Amaral is right then Kate's book is full of lies - because Kate claims Madeleine was fine and well before the mystery abduction on that fateful Thursday evening.

so that would mean that Kate's book libels Dr Amaral. And it would mean that the TM version of events is defamatory to Dr Amaral and possibly others too (Mrs Fenn? Social worker Yvonne Fletcher? the Smith family?)

Perhaps Dr Amaral will employ the services of Carter Ruck and issue a writ for defamation? ( I wonder why the story above used the term defamation as surely libel would be appropriate given that the alleged untruths are in writing?)

The McCanns and their friends have no evidence whatsoever for their story that Madeleine was abducted by people or persons unknown on Thursday evening. There is not one shred of evidence to support their opinion. Therefore, it is an opinion unsupported by any facts or evidence. While they, like Dr Amaral, are entitled to an opinion - which is presumably why Kate's book was allowed to be published despite no evidence for what she claimed happened - nevertheless the claims made in the book could be libelous to Dr Amaral (among others possibly?) if the claims are proved to be wrong.

Dr Amaral has backed up his opinion and indeed his thesis with evidence. Many who have scrutinized the PJ files have found that the TM testimony does not bear scrutiny.

Who is in the stronger position here?

It is, however, astonishing how much high level support TM were able to garner in the early days which must beg the question - what the heck was really going on here? It has to be far more than a single child accident/neglect issue. While the latter is unarguably awful, it would not bring the full force of the State out to institute a cover-up.

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 05 Feb 2017, 11:12 pm

Slightly off topic but whenever I see this headline "McCanns Lose Their Appeal" I keep thinking they've actually lost their appeal with the public. Possibly true? LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 05 Feb 2017, 11:12 pm

proceeds from Kate's own bestseller book 'Madeleine' published in 2011.

Kate's book of 'the truth' as she writes..... confused study
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 05 Feb 2017, 11:20 pm

I wonder if this one friend has a name that begins with t and ends in racey, poster?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next