New Book to be published? -A Guerra dos McCann by Paulo Reis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Book to be published? -A Guerra dos McCann by Paulo Reis

Post  candyfloss on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 1:23 pm

From twitter so don't know how reliable..

Paulo Reis ‏@pjreis  

#madeleine #mccann "A Guerra dos McCann" (Portuguese) to be published on September 2017

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: New Book to be published? -A Guerra dos McCann by Paulo Reis

Post  candyfloss on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 1:29 pm

I have done a google translate of the bit on the bottom of the book and it says roughly this.........

A detailed analysis of the defamatory campaign launched by the British media against the Portuguese judicial police

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 1:43 pm

candyfloss wrote:I have done a google translate of the bit on the bottom of the book and it says roughly this.........

A detailed analysis of the defamatory campaign launched by the British media against the Portuguese judicial police

Now that will be interesting.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 1:45 pm

Sounds like it'll be a good read
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 2:40 pm

candyfloss wrote:I have done a google translate of the bit on the bottom of the book and it says roughly this.........

"And the Portuguese authorities" is the last bit, not that it adds much. Guerra means war. The War of the McCanns.
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 2:58 pm

He's tweeted a link to an article about Martin Brunt that he wrote in 2012: http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/when-madeleine-mccann-disappearedin.html

The "colhões" (*) of Mr. Martin Brunt

When Madeleine Mccann disappeared, in 2007, I had been watching Sky News for a couple of years, in cable TV. I remember to see Mr. Martin Brunt reporting about crime – the Soham murders, for example – and I had the best impression of him, as a professional.
I also was amazed with the fact that British journalists, one week after landing in Algarve, had already so good source inside the Portuguese police. It took me 10/15 years of work to get reasonable sources in police. Mr. Brunt was quite sincere, about this, in the beginning: “Sky sources' are a bit thin on the ground here in the Algarve. There's no sidling up to a friendly cop for a quick natter away from the cameras. No slipping off for a cappuccino and an off-the-record chat...or 'guidance' as we call it. So I really don't know if the police have any real idea what happened to Madeleine McCann. I suspect they don't."

But I was quite surprised with the performance of Mr. Martin Brunt, reporting about Madeleine McCann disappearance in Portugal. Why? I will just quote him in two separate moments:
Martin Brunt, version nº 1 (June 17, 2007)
"One paper seems to have good contacts. The rest of the stuff (news published by Portuguese Press) is best described as 'culhoes (‘balls”, in Portuguese)”
Martin Brunt, version nº 2: (Seprember 15, 2007)
"W've learned to look at what's in the local papers with a little bit more of respect... Remember, for many weeks, we ignored it, we thought it was wild speculation, but as time went on, particularly the events of last weekend, we began to realize that what the local Media were doing was pretty accurately reflecting the tone and the speed and the direction of the investigation and suddenly we had the McCann’s named as suspects, so a lot of what the papers have been writing, as I said, was a pretty clear and accurate reflection of what police was thinking..."

So, as the Americans use to say, when they are campaigning for election: 'Would you buy a car from this man?”
First thing I thought was that Mr. Brunt, a British man used to the misty, cold and always clouded sky, in UK, had exposed himself to the Portuguese strong sun for too long. Second thing, I admitted that may be he had not too much sun in his head, but too much beer in his brain.

But neither of these problems could last for months, or years. Now, I believe that Mr. Brunt, like many other British journalists, suffers from a trauma: the Maddie’s Trauma. Whenever they heard her name, they jump into some kind of 5th dimension, completely detached from the real world.

(*) This is one the most obscene words in Portuguese language, used to mention "testicles". The right spelling is "colhões"...
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 4:22 pm

Sounds interesting... Is this new book co-written with G.A I wonder..?

Just had a quick look on AndyB's link and this Paulo chap has a lot of McCann-related blogs. Only read a brief snippet, but some interesting stuff on there as well.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 4:31 pm

I believe Paulo Reis has always been a McCann sceptic. But this book doesn`t come out until September and it will be in Portuguese. It would be good if he could do an English version.

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  purple ronnie on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 4:56 pm

Jill posted over the road earlier on that this is an old book from 2012, written by Paulo Reis for Paulo Reis, nothing to do with Amaral. He's only been selling it via paypal.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/guerra-dos-mccann-uma-analise-detalhada.html?m=1
purple ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 5:14 pm

purple ronnie wrote:Jill posted over the road earlier on that this is an old book from 2012, written by Paulo Reis for Paulo Reis, nothing to do with Amaral. He's only been selling it via paypal.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/guerra-dos-mccann-uma-analise-detalhada.html?m=1

Ok thanks, but being released in Portuguese September 2017.  I didn't say it had anything to do with Mr Amaral, just posted the tweet, about the release date.

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 8:59 pm

I can't remember the detail but in the early days Paulo Reis was quite vocal on the web and had some snippets that gave the impression he had close links with the PJ. A few years after that people were discrediting him. Could be an interesting read though if there is an English version.
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 12:20 pm

Move this if you wish......seen link in Textusa blog....disappearance of police site info....

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/the-killing-of-keela.html

Interestingly this blog has been dormant for three years and of course Joanna Morias has reopened blog to public view again.....so the question is has anyone noticed any more blogs reappearing??

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 10:00 pm

Thought I'd bump this thread as PR is being discussed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 10:06 pm

Luna wrote:Thought I'd bump this thread as PR is being discussed.

Cheers, Luna.

Totally forgot about all this Embarassed
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 10:12 pm

chilli wrote:I can't remember the detail but in the early days Paulo Reis was quite vocal on the web and had some snippets that gave the impression he had close links with the PJ. A few years after that people were discrediting him. Could be an interesting read though if there is an English version.

I think perhaps it was his colleague Duarte Levy who was discredited, I have  just posted about this in Discussion Forum.

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top