MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accidents/deaths - unusual, bizarre or just plain awful

+13
chrissie
TheTruthWillOut
dogs don't lie
chirpyinsect
froggy
Andrew
joyce1938
Walt
Mimi
Dee Coy
bluebell
PMR
candyfloss
17 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Accidents/deaths - unusual, bizarre or just plain awful - Page 2 Empty Re: Accidents/deaths - unusual, bizarre or just plain awful

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:48 am

Perhaps because of the tragic outcome there doesn't seem to be the same level of venom directed at these parents as there was towards the parents of the boy who fell into the gorilla pit. I suspect though that there will be as some people will not be able to resist. I hope that the family are not subjected to any negative comments. Their suffering must be horrendous.

Back to top Go down

Accidents/deaths - unusual, bizarre or just plain awful - Page 2 Empty Re: Accidents/deaths - unusual, bizarre or just plain awful

Post  Freedom Thu 16 Jun 2016, 8:11 am

I hate to say it but I think that racial and social elements played a part in the criticism of the parents of the child in the gorilla pit.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 16 Jun 2016, 8:23 am

What's happened is absolutely tragic.

But would anyone here let there 2 year old child (and watch close by), walk/paddle in an alligator infested lagoon shoreline, a foot deep, at 21:30 at night......

I'm not blaming the parents - I'm just saying.

The little boy should never of been anywhere near there.

Just my opinion and sorry if that offends anyone.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 16 Jun 2016, 8:31 am

I'm sure that others have thought that, Andrew, me included. 

However, my feeling is, as I have mentioned before, that parents who have made a genuine mistake which led to a terrible outcome, do not need to have anyone else adding to their feelings of guilt.

A certain couple from Leicester do not of course come into that category.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 16 Jun 2016, 9:45 am

Freedom wrote:I hate to say it but I think that racial and social elements played a part in the criticism of the parents of the child in the gorilla pit.

I nearly wrote that but thought it might go down badly but I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 16 Jun 2016, 9:51 am

It's true though.

A different story completely if it was.. say a couple of white English Doctors on holiday and the same thing happened.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Thu 16 Jun 2016, 10:22 am

I think a few have been feeling that way .I have read in mail today that the water wasbetween 1 to 2feet deep he was paddling in .also the parents were on beach as they were there to watch a film and nightly show ..I too wonder if he eas watched well enough at 2 years old ,he could fall and maybe no one would notice that too. I know we all have to let our kids take chances in life ,but toddlers we have to watch all the time if outside our homes . joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Accidents/deaths - unusual, bizarre or just plain awful - Page 2 Empty Lorry driver on phone caused 4 deaths

Post  Freedom Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:14 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:27 pm

It's truly awful. A whole family being instantly wiped out due to the lorry driver messing about on his phone.

So sad.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:34 pm

I just went on the Mirror website and watched the dash cam footage.

Although I wish I didn't. Horrific.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/harrowing-dashcam-footage-shows-lorry-9163236
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:07 pm

I remember another one in 2009 where a family of six was wiped out in similar circumstances though it was I think due to a momentary lack of concentration from a lorry driver; he wasn't on the phone.

I have never driven a car and don't want to. I couldn't live with myself if I was responsible for something like that.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Accidents/deaths - unusual, bizarre or just plain awful - Page 2 Empty Fatal tram accident in Croydon

Post  Freedom Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:23 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37919658#"

I'm not sure if I knew there were still trams running anywhere.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:57 am

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 09 Nov 2016, 12:05 pm

I quickly read about this earlier on this morn, but didn't realise there were fatalities. Awful.

I almost got knocked down by a Tram in Manchester a while back. Chatting on my phone walking across a tramline in a noisy city centre wasn't a bright move. Shocked
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 09 Nov 2016, 12:05 pm

Freedom wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37919658#"

I'm not sure if I knew there were still trams running anywhere.

Edinburgh has a new tram system, only opened recently.

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 09 Nov 2016, 4:41 pm

A surprise to me that there were even that many people on board at that time of the morning.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 09 Nov 2016, 4:57 pm

Such a bad accident, poor people.
Full of commuters probably on their way to South or West Croydon British  Rail mainline stations.  Direct to Charing X, Waterloo, Victoria from there.   imo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 09 Nov 2016, 4:59 pm

unreorganised wrote:

A surprise to me that there were even that many people on board at that time of the morning.

Outskirts of London so they probably run 24 hrs and probably packed regardless of the time of day.

A terrible tragedy.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 09 Nov 2016, 9:06 pm

Sadly 7 have now died.

Apparently it's looking like the driver fell asleep.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 09 Nov 2016, 9:48 pm

Andrew wrote:Sadly 7 have now died.

Apparently it's looking like the driver fell asleep.

Be surprising if he fell asleep, I think there is only a couple of minutes between the stops. Don't trams have 'dead man's pedals/handles' like they have on trains?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:08 pm

That's what I thought.

I just heard one report mentioning that he fell asleep, but here it suggests a blackout.

Some passengers said the driver of the vehicle, who was arrested afterwards, had blacked out.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/09/croydon-tram-crash-kills-at-least-seven-and-injures-more-than-50
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:40 am

Some ghastly details emerging now about the fates of some of those involved. As I said on the Ben Needham thread, a relative was involved in the aftermath of something similar and much of what they related shocked me, and I thought I was unshockable.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 11 Nov 2016, 11:17 am

It's taking a long time to identify all the victims so there must be some terrible injuries there.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 11 Nov 2016, 11:30 am

Police have warned that identifying all the victims of the crash may be a "complex and lengthy process".

It must've been horrific. But when you look at the actual pictures it doesn't look that bad. Well it does but it's not like it's been engulfed in flames etc which would make the identifying process very difficult.

I've not seen any mention of how fast this tram was going? The handful of times I've been on a tram it's been literally going about 20 mph maximum. If that.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next