EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  candyfloss on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 7:33 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

PUBLISHED: October 1, 2014 at 5:14 pm  •  LAST EDITED: October 1, 2014 at 5:21 pm          


POLICE are investigating another reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in the Nerja area.

Former prison worker and military man David Fullman (not actual name) spotted a blonde girl speaking Spanish in an English accent at the communal pool at the Tropicana apartment complex in La Herradura and was immediately reminded of Maddie.

After checking the online photo fit he immediately contacted police in the UK.

“A Spanish couple were by the pool with a very Spanish daughter and a blonde, white-skinned girl who looked English and spoke with an English


accent,” said Fullman, who was on holiday with his wife at her parents apartment.
“I tried to take a photo but the parents were keeping an eye on me, it was obvious I was watching them so I didn’t want to make a scene or appear to be a pervert.
“She looked like the digital construction, but more like her mother.”
Fullman, currently enrolled in a university degree, added: “I felt like I had to report this, even if it leads to nothing.
Maddie disappeared from her bed in a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in 2007, while her parents Kate and Gerry ate dinner nearby.

The Olive Press has reported on a string of previous alleged sightings of Maddie in the Axarquia.
British expat Rose Johnson, 70, believes she saw the missing girl playing on Penoncillo beach – between Torrox and Nerja – in the summer of 2011.
While in 2012, Spanish national police investigated a witness’ claim that Maddie had been seen walking in the town accompanied by ‘several people.
Another retired expat, Yvonne Tunnicliffe, claimed to be ‘100% sure’ that she had spotted Maddie at a Mercadona store in Alhaurin el Grande in 2010.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2014/10/01/exclusive-ex-soldier-claims-he-saw-madeleine-mccann-by-a-nerja-swimming-pool/


Last edited by candyfloss on Mon 18 May 2015, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10313
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  candyfloss on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 7:34 pm

There is a box for comments........No comments as yet     Rolling Eyes

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10313
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Freedom on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:43 pm

I wonder why his real name was not used?

There's also no indication of when this wondrous sighting took place.

It is a while since we had a silly sighting; perhaps, like buses, there'll be another one soon.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13613
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  candyfloss on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:57 pm

Freedom wrote:I wonder why his real name was not used?

There's also no indication of when this wondrous sighting took place.

It is a while since we had a silly sighting; perhaps, like buses, there'll be another one soon.  

We generally get a sighting story when another is about to break

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10313
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:34 pm

Freedom wrote:I wonder why his real name was not used?
 

Yes, it's not as if we all don't know it, it's Clarence Mitchell.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  candyfloss on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:37 pm

Resistor wrote:
Freedom wrote:I wonder why his real name was not used?
 

Yes, it's not as if we all don't know it, it's Clarence Mitchell.


_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10313
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Poppy on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 11:19 pm

What a crock of brown stuff,so what does A" VERY" SPANISH GIRL LOOK LIKE? did he Google the e fit? which one was it? cos we have had a few over the years and why did he contact the UK police?why not ask a member of staff to phone the local police,these IMO these "silly people" have done nothing over the years to help Madeleine get reunited with her family No oh hang on a minute i've had another thought.
avatar
Poppy

Posts : 275
Join date : 2014-08-30
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Justformaddiemccann on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 11:26 pm

They must be feeling the strain of the public, more and more are opening their eyes, get another sighting out quick!
IMO

_________________
Fight for Madeleine x
avatar
Justformaddiemccann

Posts : 322
Join date : 2014-08-31
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Poppy on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 11:33 pm

A sighting imo normally comes when you need to look there not over here,but it's been all so so quite of late is something afoot?
avatar
Poppy

Posts : 275
Join date : 2014-08-30
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:50 am

So on the same day we have a new 'sighting' from somebody who won't even use their real name for no good reason at all, and an article in the Times about a dossier of internet trolls and haters being handed to the Met.

Is someone expecting something to happen in October?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 7:42 am

wlbts wrote:So on the same day we have a new 'sighting' from somebody who won't even use their real name for no good reason at all, and an article in the Times about a dossier of internet trolls and haters being handed to the Met.

Is someone expecting something to happen in October?


The Media Monitoring Unit must have been busy.

How much of the Fund's resources are taken up by this MMU? Should these not be used to look for Maddie and to hell with some people in the world not liking you. that happens to just about everyone in the spotlight of publicity. Even Z-list celebrities.

Come to think of it, complaining about abuse is one of the means Z-list celebs use to stay in the news or even to climb on a wave of tabloid sympathy up to the Y-list.



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

Yes, I think that something must be afoot..both of these reports just smack of desperation..Oh how I would love to be fly on the wall of Operation Grange's office right now.

Weird that they gave a false name, why not just say a person who wishes to remain anonymous?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:30 am

susible wrote:Yes, I think that something must be afoot..both of these reports just smack of desperation..Oh how I would love to be fly on the wall of Operation Grange's office right now.

Weird that they gave a false name, why not just say a person who wishes to remain anonymous?

Now that you say it, it does seem very strange to me. Why make up a name? It doesn't make sense. It makes more sense to me if I consider that possibly the name *was* made up, and the person *was* made up, and the sighting *was* made up. Fiction, nothing more, nothing less.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:35 am

wlbts wrote:
susible wrote:Yes, I think that something must be afoot..both of these reports just smack of desperation..Oh how I would love to be fly on the wall of Operation Grange's office right now.

Weird that they gave a false name, why not just say a person who wishes to remain anonymous?

Now that you say it, it does seem very strange to me.  Why make up a name?  It doesn't make sense.  It makes more sense to me if I consider that possibly the name *was* made up, and the person *was* made up, and the sighting *was* made up.  Fiction, nothing more, nothing less.

Well when you consider that we always deride the reports from "unnamed sources" they've maybe decided to give a name for more authenticity, but on the proviso that it isn't actually their name, because they know we will all go and research it and find the person doesn't exist, well not in the format that they are claiming

Oh what a web they are weaving!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:16 am

Wasn't the damages trial verdict due around now? Only it's been held up by the changes to the Portuguese legal system. Only the plans already put in place are steaming ahead anyway.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:37 am

Resistor wrote:Wasn't the damages trial verdict due around now?  Only it's been held up by the changes to the Portuguese legal system.  Only the plans already put in place are steaming ahead anyway.

Possibly, a bit like the S&S book, they probably hoped the investigation would be done and dusted by now as well, and the book was designed to be the "cherry on top" of the declaration of the McCanns innocence...Ooops

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:45 am

susible wrote:
Possibly, a bit like the S&S book, they probably hoped the investigation would be done and dusted by now as well, and the book was designed to be the "cherry on top" of the declaration of the McCanns innocence...Ooops

If the McCanns were sure that their innocence was going to be 'confirmed', that book doesn't make much sense.  Why not wait until OG gives you the official line that you can put in the book?  It might have made more money for one.

I think they came up with the idea for that book as a way to keep tabs on the investigation.  Unfortunately for them, Redwood wasn't interested and showed them the door and the PJ files. The book's release at this time indicates to me that there is no coordination between Operation Grange and the McCanns.

The fact that they haven't waited for the conclusion of the investigation speaks volumes to me Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:05 am

wlbts wrote:
susible wrote:
Possibly, a bit like the S&S book, they probably hoped the investigation would be done and dusted by now as well, and the book was designed to be the "cherry on top" of the declaration of the McCanns innocence...Ooops

If the McCanns were sure that their innocence was going to be 'confirmed', that book doesn't make much sense.  Why not wait until OG gives you the official line that you can put in the book?  It might have made more money for one.

I think they came up with the idea for that book as a way to keep tabs on the investigation.  Unfortunately for them, Redwood wasn't interested and showed them the door and the PJ files.  The book's release at this time indicates to me that there is no coordination between Operation Grange and the McCanns.

The fact that they haven't waited for the conclusion of the investigation speaks volumes to me Very Happy

Good point wlbts, and as Blacksmith also pointed out, there was absolutely nothing new in the book whatsoever. I am still a bit puzzled as to the timing of the book, because with the investigation ongoing, who in their right mind would buy it? Apart of course from those diligent posters who parted with cash, trawled through it and have given the rest of us a good synopsis...I salute your bravery and dedication

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Poe on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm

@wlbts & susible

Perhaps this is their last final throw of the dice. A desperate attempt to throw everything they have - the book, the sighting and the nasty trolls timed to coincide with the court case and end of the investigation.

Unfortunately the Portuguese court system is in disarray, Scotland Yard don't appear to be co-operating and Team McCann have such an appalling lack of imagination that they have simply regurgitated the same old same old.
avatar
Poe

Posts : 914
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:09 pm

I just received a google alert to an Express story about this, however the article seems to have gone:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/518432/Madeleine-McCann-found-Spain-spotted-police-investigate

Just to show I'm not making it up:



ETA - it's now online again.


Last edited by wlbts on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Freedom on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:21 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/518370/Couple-handed-jail-terms-for-bogus-bombs-detectors

Yes, that story seems to have been whooshed.

I did find this one though. You couldn't make it up - oh wait, the Trees did.

I wonder if the McCanns talked to the trees......
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13613
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  candyfloss on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:25 pm

Freedom wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/518370/Couple-handed-jail-terms-for-bogus-bombs-detectors

Yes, that story seems to have been whooshed.

I did find this one though. You couldn't make it up - oh wait, the Trees did.

I wonder if the McCanns talked to the trees......

There was one almost the same last year, except the salesman was acquitted

6th June 2013..

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic20201.html
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10313
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Guest on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:26 pm

If they number their articles consecutively then the one that's gone (518432) is more recent than the other one (518370).

Wonder if they received a call, or whether they spotted something dodgy in it.  Of course, it could also be a technical error - but I couldn't find the article in a search on their website.

ETA - as far as I can tell, this would have been the first mention of this 'sighting' in the mainstream UK press*, and it disappears straight away.  Odd.

*Please do correct me if I'm wrong!

ETA2 - oh dear, it's back :/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  Freedom on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 6:37 pm

It's a pity that it didn't remain on the missing list.

Doubtless the other tabloids will regurgitate it as well.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13613
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Ex-soldier claims he saw Madeleine McCann by a Nerja swimming pool

Post  dogs don't lie on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:27 am

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/552675/alibi-chef-Madeleine-McCann-Shane-Leighton

Oh dear, he was 14/15 and living in UK.

_________________
Fight for Madeleine x
avatar
dogs don't lie

Posts : 2480
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 41
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum