MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trolls on the attack......

+12
Baldrick
Dee Coy
cherry
Poppy
candyfloss
dantezebu
Popcorn
Poe
Admin
Freedom
Cristobell
Andrew
16 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trolls on the attack...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Trolls on the attack......

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:00 am

wlbts wrote:
Admin wrote:I have never seen such threats not on twitter, many tweets rather OTT and not nice though.  I do not look at facebook, so don't know what is said there.   Strange though we have this story and the sighting. 

So what else is happening then?  Aren't SY flying to Portugal sometime soon................. Trolls on the attack...... - Page 2 303636

I don't look at twitter that often, don't have the stomach for it.  But when I do what I normally see are 'antis' trying to point people towards the PJ files and the evidence in general, and 'pros' calling them paedophiles and sickos and nutters.  But that's a generalisation.

I haven't looked at twitter in ages, it just degenerated into name-calling, slagging, threats and outings. So I couldn't see the point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:01 am

Russian Doll wrote: p.s.   susible and others.... what I saw re the twins was that their privacy had been invaded by photos of them at the CW games being posted, a non -issue imo as this was in the newspapers for all to see.

There was ref some time ago to posts from people saying they would kidnap the twins to keep them safe from their parents... I am assuming that there will be a screenshot of such a post as evidence in the dossier.

Some people did jump on the McCann bandwagon imo just to post vile stuff as it is clear from the less than factual posts re the case that they have not read the police files. There are pros and antis who are on twitter so much of the time I don't know how they manage to wash, dress, shop, clean their homes and go to work if they have a job.
Still doing the rounds is the Gerry comparing losing his daughter to being overdrawn at the bank, something he never said... just one example.

To give Sky News credit, they were careful to point out the difference between the right to free speech and expressing an opinion and the posting of threatening and malicious messages.

Or how about "Sean was on the school bus when he heard Goncalo Amaral on the radio".  GA doesn't even speak English. But that's poor wee Sean marked out amongst his school pals. Nice one, Kate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:03 am

Resistor wrote:

I haven't looked at twitter in ages, it just degenerated into name-calling, slagging, threats and outings.  So I couldn't see the point.

I thought that was all Twitter ever was? A kind of virtual playground.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:05 am

Seicento wrote:
Resistor wrote:

I haven't looked at twitter in ages, it just degenerated into name-calling, slagging, threats and outings.  So I couldn't see the point.

I thought that was all Twitter ever was? A kind of virtual playground.

I have several Twitter accounts (yes, I KNOW you are not supposed to) but I use one of them for work stuff and there is NO WAY that I would ever be mixing work and McCann stuff on the same account. Twitter can be very useful for work related stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:07 am

There could possibly have been someone on the radio reading a translation of what Mr Amaral said.

No, just another fabrication in my opinion. I don't believe it ever happened.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:17 am

I do wonder whether this press release has anything to do with the 2&2TV thing on Twitter.  To frighten people off.  I don't know what 2&2TV have - if anything - but in all probability neither do the McCanns.  This could pre-emptive, just the other side fighting back in a social media war. To frighten people off, and to frighten the media off just in case there is something of substance on 12th October.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:21 am

Yes, the McCanns themselves have pushed their children into the limelight, and I totally agree that doesn't make it right for others to do so, but the school bus story was just one example where people are obviously going to comment, what exactly did the McCanns expect?

I do have very strong feelings about innocent children being brought into it, I don't like it when the other tapas children or any of the kids who are somehow connected to the case have their names used on forums, as much as I dislike pictures of innocent kids splashed across the tabloids with the screeching headline "Is This Maddie" But whilst the McCanns are most certainly guilty of the latter, I am of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right and although all of the kids referred to in the case files have obviously been named, and therefore part of the public record, I don't like it when they are referred to by their full names on public forums which are far more accessible (and easily read) than the PJ files

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:21 am

wlbts wrote:I do wonder whether this press release has anything to do with the 2&2TV thing on Twitter.  To frighten people off.  I don't know what 2&2TV have - if anything - but in all probability neither do the McCanns.  This could pre-emptive, just the other side fighting back in a social media war.  To frighten people off, and to frighten the media off just in case there is something of substance on 12th October.

It must be bigger than that as it's part of a campaign that involves the "research" and writing of the S&S book. Looks like the long suffering McCanns are going to be the pretext for a generalised assault on the internet. They might not even have anything to do with it; this case has long been a football to be booted hither and thither as required.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:24 am

wlbts wrote:I do wonder whether this press release has anything to do with the 2&2TV thing on Twitter.  To frighten people off.  I don't know what 2&2TV have - if anything - but in all probability neither do the McCanns.  This could pre-emptive, just the other side fighting back in a social media war.  To frighten people off, and to frighten the media off just in case there is something of substance on 12th October.

It could be, or it could be pre-emptive in case of charges brought, absolutely no chance of a fair trial etc etc

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:24 am

susible wrote:
I do have very strong feelings about innocent  children being brought into it, I don't like it when the other tapas children or any of the kids who are somehow connected to the case have their names used on forums, as much as I dislike pictures of innocent kids splashed across the tabloids with the screeching headline "Is This Maddie"  But whilst the McCanns are most certainly guilty of the latter, I am of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right and although all of the kids referred to in the case files have obviously been named, and therefore part of the public record, I don't like it when they are referred to by their full names on public forums which are far more accessible (and easily read) than the PJ files

Probably a good job that a post I made somewhere else about my reaction to coming a across a big shop display of dolls called "Fun In The Tub Lily" didn't survive Forumotion's jitters the other day, then?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:31 am

Seicento wrote:
susible wrote:
I do have very strong feelings about innocent  children being brought into it, I don't like it when the other tapas children or any of the kids who are somehow connected to the case have their names used on forums, as much as I dislike pictures of innocent kids splashed across the tabloids with the screeching headline "Is This Maddie"  But whilst the McCanns are most certainly guilty of the latter, I am of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right and although all of the kids referred to in the case files have obviously been named, and therefore part of the public record, I don't like it when they are referred to by their full names on public forums which are far more accessible (and easily read) than the PJ files

Probably a good job that a post I made somewhere else about my reaction to coming a across a big shop display of dolls called "Fun In The Tub Lily" didn't survive Forumotion's jitters the other day, then?

Yes, quite, considering that I assume you are referring to totally unsubstantiated rumours about one of the parents. These are real children who are now at an age where they and their peers have access to the internet and I think it is just unnecessary to bring them into it, when it could possibly cause them a great deal of harm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:35 am

susible wrote:
Yes, quite, considering that I assume you are referring to totally unsubstantiated rumours about one of the parents.  These are real children who are now at an age where they and their peers have access to the internet and I think it is just unnecessary to bring them into it, when it could possibly cause them a great deal of harm

Oh I agree. It was just an example of how almost everything I see, read or hear seems to be filtered through my perceptions of this case. I've actually repeatedly stated the unsubstantiated nature of the claims made about the individual in question.

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:56 am

Threatening posts are wholly out of order. Luckily, I think the mainstream media can probably rest easy that the McCanns and their remaining children are unlikely to be harmed by these "online trolls" since, in over seven years of consistently high-profile coverage, nobody has laid a finger on any of them. This is despite the fact that our very responsible national press frequently published photographs of their family home, from which any "hater" on earth could see and identify their precise whereabouts in the very small (and frequently mentioned) Leicestershire town in which they live.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:04 am

Popcorn wrote:Threatening posts are wholly out of order. Luckily, I think the mainstream media can probably rest easy that the McCanns and their remaining children are unlikely to be harmed by these "online trolls" since, in over seven years of consistently high-profile coverage, nobody has laid a finger on any of them. This is despite the fact that our very responsible national press frequently published photographs of their family home, from which any "hater" on earth could see and identify their precise whereabouts in the very small (and frequently mentioned) Leicestershire town in which they live.

Rothley is probably protected by a masonic forcefield akin to the dome in The Simpsons Movie. Those trying to enter for nefarious reasons simply spontaneously combust somewhere on the A6.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:08 am

Seicento wrote:
Popcorn wrote:Threatening posts are wholly out of order. Luckily, I think the mainstream media can probably rest easy that the McCanns and their remaining children are unlikely to be harmed by these "online trolls" since, in over seven years of consistently high-profile coverage, nobody has laid a finger on any of them. This is despite the fact that our very responsible national press frequently published photographs of their family home, from which any "hater" on earth could see and identify their precise whereabouts in the very small (and frequently mentioned) Leicestershire town in which they live.

Rothley is probably protected by a masonic forcefield akin to the dome in The Simpsons Movie. Those trying to enter for nefarious reasons simply spontaneously combust somewhere on the A6.

Oh please don't bring the masons into it...having horrible de ja vu...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:17 am

If we take a positive point of view about these newspaper stories... if the reading public didn't know before that there was a group of people online who strongly disbelieve the McCanns' version of events... they certainly do now! And they now also know how to go looking for these anti-McCann comments, how to search for particular hashtags, and their curiosity may be further aroused and they'll seek out forums and facebook pages just to see what's been allegedly said.

Excellent publicity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:21 am

susible wrote:
Seicento wrote:

Apologies. My sense of humour can be a bit.... well some might say irritating. Although not to my face, obviously.

Popcorn is right though. This supposed threat to the McCann's safety is a bit like the terrorist threat - if it was genuine, we'd all be dead by now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:21 am

canada12 wrote:If we take a positive point of view about these newspaper stories... if the reading public didn't know before that there was a group of people online who strongly disbelieve the McCanns' version of events... they certainly do now! And they now also know how to go looking for these anti-McCann comments, how to search for particular hashtags, and their curiosity may be further aroused and they'll seek out forums and facebook pages just to see what's been allegedly said.

Excellent publicity.

I agree with that, everything they do now is an own goal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:59 am

susible wrote:
Seicento wrote:

Oh, I don't know. Makes a nice change from the Big Jewish Conspiracy that I am sick of seeing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:36 pm

Well I guess it's some good publicity to direct more general folk to perhaps find out more about the case.

Look into the case and obviously realise what a crock the whole fairytale abduction was / is.

After the absolute shambles of the book then this to me is the last desperate throw of the dice for Team Mccann.

Just my opinion.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:45 pm

On Sky News.

"Polls believe the parents are involved in Madeleine's disappearance despite no evidence"

The tide is truly turning.

Great stuff.

More publicity the better. IMO.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:46 pm

I must admit that these "stories" and "sightings" are getting more and more ridiculous as time goes by. Why can't Team McCann even see that the whole world are just laughing at them now? You only have to read the online comments - of any publication where comments are actually allowed - to see what people are really thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 12:52 pm

They do get more and more ridiculous, but I think they keep doing it because it's all they can do now, and because the majority of the public don't realise that the McCanns have PR people working for them (at a guess) and are behind these stories (again, my opinion only). If Joe Public realised that, public opinion would most likely turn very sour towards the Mcs. It's fairly bitter without that happening Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:09 pm

Andrew wrote:On Sky News.

"Polls believe the parents are involved in Madeleine's disappearance despite no evidence"

The tide is truly turning.

Great stuff.

More publicity the better. IMO.

Just to quote my own quote here.

It might of said 'trolls' and not polls?

Hopefully someone else can correct me.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dantezebu Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:26 pm

A cynical person might think that this was timed to limit the twitter spread and effect of 2&2's 4th video.
dantezebu
dantezebu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next