MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here

+8
chirpyinsect
Freedom
Antonia
chrissie
candyfloss
Poe
bluebell
Andrew
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story  - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here - Page 2 Empty Re: DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:31 am

Poe wrote:Any journalist worth his/her salt should investigate this legacy of the McCann case.

How many more parents are going to put their children in danger? How many are going to make accusations against innocent people? All for money, 15 minutes of fame and the chance to be the parents of the "next Madeleine McCann"

Absolutely sickening.
I agree they have turned the most serious of subjects into a self-serving pantomime and now we have people selling their tawdry tales to the highest bidder, whilst people like the cleaners are left scarred for life and without jobs.

Back to top Go down

DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story  - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here - Page 2 Empty Re: DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here

Post  AndyB Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:36 am

Thanks for the quote CI. May I ask what is its provenance? (I'm just wondering if a complaint to the PCC is worthwhile)
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

DEBUNKED, Cyprus snatch story  - read first hand testimony of what really happpened here - Page 2 Empty CYPRUS snatch story debunked - read first hand testimony of what really happpened

Post  candyfloss Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:39 am

Thanks from me too chirpy flower

Can someone not sent this to the Sun, you never know perhaps they will print it.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 23 Mar 2017, 11:18 am

AndyB wrote:Thanks for the quote CI. May I ask what is its provenance? (I'm just wondering if a complaint to the PCC is worthwhile)

It sounds as if it might be AndyB.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 23 Mar 2017, 11:36 am

Thanks for that chirps. Was this posted somewhere in Cyprus. newspaper perhaps?
It certainly needs circulating here and sending to the UK paper that ran this made up story. An article of the truth and an apology to those inaccurately accused at the very least.
Right behind you if you send a complaint to the PPC AndyB, this sort of stuff is just so very wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 23 Mar 2017, 12:59 pm

candyfloss wrote:
AndyB wrote:Thanks for the quote CI. May I ask what is its provenance? (I'm just wondering if a complaint to the PCC is worthwhile)

It sounds as if it might be AndyB.  

The statement was released by Tssokos Hotels who own the King Evelthon. They are a large chain here in Cyprus. I saw it on a few timelines on FB this morning but don't know if it was published in the papers. I will go do a scout round now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:01 pm

Perhaps someone who is registered on the newspapers' websites could post a link to the statement or cut & paste Mr Smith's written report in the comments.

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Wed 14 Jun 2017, 10:07 am

I don't believe either of them. Sorry...

Mind you, I have an abduction story of my own. My children were playing at the side of a stream in Austria, and a gypsy looking woman in a long dress took one by the hand and started walking off towards the path. Lucky I was there!

Every word of that is true, but...

What actually happened is that one of my children fell over, I was sitting with my coffee in the restaurant, overlooking the stream, between the stream and the path, and the owner of the restaurant, in national dress, brought her over to me, and offered plasters, a free piece of cake, and even a little toy. Sadly, the second story would never make the papers.

It is very easy to forget that many parts of mainland Europe still consider children a communal problem, and strangers will intervene when a child seems to be in trouble, or just looks bored/unhappy. People also do take children by the hand, when we were looking at a church the old lady doing the flowers (who looked about 120 years old) took my daughter by the hand, speaking very fast, not in English, and showed her the church. Not a single word of common language was available to either, and yet they spent a happy 10 minutes together. Not an abduction, just a lonely old lady who liked children.

These stories do nothing to make our children safer, they just encourage parents to see every person as a threat to children, which they are not. The vast majority of people are kind to children, and letting children experience the kindness of strangers gives them a more positive view of the world than this constant view that the child catcher will take them away.

mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 14 Jun 2017, 2:03 pm

@ mumof6 Your post ^^^ is what must happen in most of these reported tales. I was wondering why it is that these "attempted abductions... Wink " happen so much with families on holiday outside the UK. Weird isn't it ?
I'm not a fool, I do realise abductors and paedophiles live everywhere, but I don't remember one of these 'Just like MM' attempts ever happening in this country ??? Not that I want it to happen, but odd n'est pas Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 14 Jun 2017, 4:52 pm

You're right bluebell. I can't think of any similar yarns in the U K.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:14 am

Freedom wrote:You're right bluebell. I can't think of any similar yarns in the U K.

If you are going to try for compensation from a tour operator or hotel chain, you are more likely to be treated with kid gloves and get a higher payout abroad. Try the same stunt in Torquay, Blackpool or wherever and, rather than the police diplomatically downplaying the lack of evidence, you are more likely to be arrested for wasting police time.

Not saying that this is what happened in any of the attempted abduction cases, just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 16 Jun 2017, 1:26 pm

I agree @ Poe.   I really do wish I wasn't so cynical but glad it isn't just me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2