Katie Hopkins being blasted again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Katie Hopkins being blasted again!

Post  candyfloss on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 11:39 am

I see Katie Hopkins being discredited again. So, everyone is not afraid, pull the other one, of course they are, any human being would be afraid, it is only human nature.

Now tell me again who spoke out recently in a well known case, and tell me, who owns Fox news - can I phone a friend.

Londoners hit back after Katie Hopkins 'insults Britain' by saying people are afraid in wake of terror attack in interview on Fox News

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/london-attack-katie-hopkins-slammed-for-saying-brits-are-afraid-and-disunited-a3497151.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Katie Hopkins being blasted again!

Post  Freedom on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 12:06 pm

The "we are not afraid - we'll stand together" platitudes that come out every time there is a terrorist attack annoy me.

Maybe it's to remind us of the British "stiff upper lip" stereotype in times of adversity.

It is perfectly normal and acceptable to be scared witless!

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 4:00 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4342736/PIERS-MORGAN-wrong-Katie-Hopkins.html

You're wrong, Katie Hopkins. When I stood on Westminster Bridge this morning I didn't feel despair, I felt fury, yes, but also immense pride and utter certainty that none of these hateful lunatics will ever take London down

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 4:04 pm

I live and work in London. I wouldn't say I was scared but it is natural to be very wary. The main thing when an incident like this happens is you hope it's a one off and not part of a series of attacks.

The fact is life does have to go on and people still have to go to work etc. After 7/7, I changed from travelling to work on the tube to using the overground for around 6 months.

But there's certainly nothing wrong with being scared and many people are and avoid travelling into Central London unless absolutely necessary.
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:40 am

Under fire again!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/katie-hopkins-faces-backlash-for-comments-about-prince-william-and-harrys-mental-health-campaigning/ar-BBA4rnu?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:24 pm

Freedom wrote:Under fire again!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/katie-hopkins-faces-backlash-for-comments-about-prince-william-and-harrys-mental-health-campaigning/ar-BBA4rnu?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

What a stupid, insensitive cow she can be. William and Harry were little boys when they lost their beloved mother. They have been trained to keep a stiff upper lip to the detriment of their mental well-being. Thank goodness they have spoken out and perhaps it will be a step forward in the approach to mental health for the millions of people who suffer at some point in their lives.
KH just has to be controversial. It's what she does. Shame she has to take away from the courage it takes to admit you have had problems.

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 6:47 pm

I totally agree Chirpyinsect. My daughter is on the autistic spectrum and she developed a very debilitating form of OCD when she was fourteen,  I think due to the stress of school were understanding of difference was poor and she became isolated. He is trying to raise a hugely important issue, schools need to be more than just exam factories and one thing we need to do is help young people to understand how important it is to talk openly about our emotions and not feel stigmatized. So I'm with you, he is raising awareness and that's a good thing. Shame on you KH.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Fri 26 May 2017, 11:36 am

Oh dear she has got the sack from LBC.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/controversial-broadcaster-katie-hopkins-axed-from-radio-show-on-lbc-a3549411.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Fri 26 May 2017, 11:38 am

Katie Hopkins axed from radio show on LBC after 'final solution' tweet in wake of Manchester attack

Controversial broadcaster Katie Hopkins has been axed from LBC, the radio station has said.

On Friday LBC announced they and Ms Hopkins, 42, have agreed that she will leave the radio station immediately.

The media personality and columnist has in the past sparked outcry with comments over terrorism and Islam as well as for remarks mocking Russell Brand, princes William and Harry and Jack Monroe.

Despite always being known for her controversial views, the backlash peaked last week when she called for a "final solution" following the Manchester attack.

More on link and video...
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/controversial-broadcaster-katie-hopkins-axed-from-radio-show-on-lbc-a3549411.html

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top