MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pals slam ‘cruel’ petition calling for Madeleine McCann’s parents to be charged with child neglect

+12
wjk
What's_up_doc?
froggy
Mo
bluebell
dogs don't lie
AndyB
Heisenburg
PMR
Antonia
candyfloss
Andrew
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pals slam ‘cruel’ petition calling for Madeleine McCann’s parents to be charged with child neglect Empty Re: Pals slam ‘cruel’ petition calling for Madeleine McCann’s parents to be charged with child neglect

Post  Guest Sun 19 Mar 2017, 9:57 pm

I'm reading this with a large pinch of salt as Tracey is making it ALL up.

Last edited by Luna on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Pals slam ‘cruel’ petition calling for Madeleine McCann’s parents to be charged with child neglect Empty Re: Pals slam ‘cruel’ petition calling for Madeleine McCann’s parents to be charged with child neglect

Post  candyfloss Sun 19 Mar 2017, 9:59 pm

FIGHTING THEIR CORNER Maddie McCann’s parents vow to fight ‘tooth and nail’ if they are ever prosecuted over leaving their kids alone

The 10-year milestone of Maddie's mysterious disappearance is looming

Exclusive

By Tracey Kandohla  

19th March 2017, 9:39 pm
Updated: 19th March 2017, 9:50

THE PARENTS of Madeleine McCann vowed they would have “fought tooth and nail” if they had ever been prosecuted for abandoning their missing daughter and her twin brother and sister, a close pal has revealed.

As outspoken radio host Katie Hopkins today brands it an “injustice” that Kate and Gerry escaped punishment for leaving three children alone during a family holiday, their friend said: “They were well aware they could have been charged with child neglect and naturally very concerned.

“But in legal terms they were doing everything well within the bounds of respectable parenting.”
The source insists: “Any legal action against them would have failed.

“A court would have to show Kate and Gerry had wilfully neglected their daughter and her siblings, and they did not.
Maddie vanished while on holiday with her family in Portugal’s Algarve
The McCanns left their three children, all under the age of four, asleep in a holiday apartment in Portugal while they were dining nearby with pals.
The couple could have faced jail under Portuguese law if they had ever faced a charge of abandonment and been convicted.

A court would have to show Kate and Gerry had wilfully neglected their daughter and her siblings, and they did not.
a source said

Mum-of-three Katie, in a global YouTube interview with glamour model Jodie Marsh, claims they should never have escaped justice.
She also claimed Kate was insensitive for ever washing her snatched daughter’s favourite cuddly toy, Cuddle Cat.
Three-year-old Maddie vanished from the un-locked doored flat in The Algarve’s Praia da Luz in May 2007.

Her parents chose not to pay for a baby sitting service while they ate and drank in a tapas bar with chums, dubbed the Tapas Seven.
Ex GP Kate, 49, and heart doctor Gerry, 48, of Rothley, Leics, were never prosecuted for abandoning their kids out of “compassion”, a former Portuguese law chief revealed last year.
Former minister of internal affairs Rui Pereira slammed the decision not to charge the McCann’s with “the crime of abandonment.”

He revealed in a TV interview how top officials, out of “compassion” for the parents, ruled out charges citing Brits’ “peculiar cultural customs, thinking it is natural for them to leave children alone.”
Last week the McCanns faced fresh misery when a Portuguese crime expert spouted further outrageous claims over their daughter’s disappearance.
In a shocking TV outburst Francisco Moita Flores said: “Maddie died in that apartment, I have no doubt.”
Hopkins had previously stated on national LBC Radio: “Maddie was lost because she was left to be found.”
Marsh, in a Twitter rant, added that her parents should be searching “on their hands and knees digging up the bare earth rather than be side-tracked and busying themselves suing people.”

Kate and Gerry will not be fuelling any of this pure speculation with any comment whatsoever.
Clarence MitchellMcCann spokesman

Maddie’s parents are bracing themselves for the painful milestone 10th anniversary of her disappearance in less than seven weeks.
They cling onto a glimmer of hope that their daughter, who would now be aged 13, could still be alive.
McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell today declined to discuss the latest rant, having previously said: “Kate and Gerry will not be fuelling any of this pure speculation with any comment whatsoever.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3128358/maddie-mccanns-parents-fight-tooth-and-nail-if-prosecuted-over-leaving-kids-alone/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 19 Mar 2017, 10:47 pm

Tracey can't even get a key quote correct!

She refers to 'within the bounds of respectable parenting'.What is respectable parenting? Does it refer to the social class of the parents!!!!

In Kate's version of the truth in her book she said that the barrister (unnamed) who came out to PDL to advise them told her that their childminding arrangements were 'within the bounds of responsible parenting'.

Presumably that is what Tracey meant - a quote from the horses mouth as it were.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Mon 20 Mar 2017, 8:37 am

The comments are very vocal,to say the least. I think it's  telling they wouldn't have been allowed to stand even six months ago
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon 20 Mar 2017, 8:55 am

Are they expecting to answer to a court soon then?
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Mon 20 Mar 2017, 9:07 am

I'm not sure what to make of all this. Either Tracey and the McCanns have fallen out big time or it's a subtle Katie Hopkins style way of pushing the abduction via neglect narrative
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 20 Mar 2017, 9:13 am

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/03/20/14/18/madeleine-mccann-cadaver-sniffer-dogs-reaction-apartment-car-didnt-make-sense

Gerry and Kate's reaction to sniffer dogs hitting on McCann holiday apartment and rental car 'didn't make sense'
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 20 Mar 2017, 1:26 pm

Andrew wrote:http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/03/20/14/18/madeleine-mccann-cadaver-sniffer-dogs-reaction-apartment-car-didnt-make-sense

Gerry and Kate's reaction to sniffer dogs hitting on McCann holiday apartment and rental car 'didn't make sense'

Wow what an article!

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 20 Mar 2017, 1:36 pm

Andrew wrote:http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/03/20/14/18/madeleine-mccann-cadaver-sniffer-dogs-reaction-apartment-car-didnt-make-sense

Would be great to see that article in newspapers here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Mon 20 Mar 2017, 1:57 pm

If Tracy K has seen the above I'm sure she will be speaking with Lawyers /TPTB about putting it to print in the UK. This will settle once and for all if she is a friend or foe of the Mc's.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:00 pm

I was wondering earlier whether a similar article will make it to the British shores as I'll bet with certainty that most if not all the British MSM will have articles like that (about the dogs) on a database somewhere gathering dust so to speak.

IMO etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:05 pm

bluebell wrote:

It certainly would.

I suppose publishing this in Australia is relatively safe from legal action due to the cost of pursuing such an action.

Can it be reported in UK now that it has appeared oversea?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:27 pm

There's a lot of mud slinging in the comments section but also a huge amount of informative stuff too. Someone has posted the 48 questions Kate refused to answer, there's talk of false reporting of 'jemmied'shutters and the McCanns refusing a lie detector test. If The Sun is testing the water, that informative article about the dogs might be along sooner rather than later!
What's_up_doc?
What's_up_doc?

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:31 pm

froggy wrote:
bluebell wrote:

It certainly would.

I suppose publishing this in Australia is relatively safe from legal action due to the cost of pursuing such an action.

Can it be reported in UK now that it has appeared oversea?
I'm not sure but I've put it on Twitter, as have some others so it should get picked up on.
We'll see if any dare to print it

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Mon 20 Mar 2017, 6:51 pm

Antonia wrote:Tracey can't even get a key quote correct!

She refers to 'within the bounds of respectable parenting'.What is respectable parenting?  Does it refer to the social class of the parents!!!!

In Kate's version of the truth in her book she said that the barrister (unnamed) who came out to PDL to advise them told her that their childminding arrangements were 'within the bounds of responsible parenting'.

Presumably that is what Tracey meant - a quote from the horses mouth as it were.
I was thinking that too - there's another bit in the book when Alan Pike whose testimony at the Supreme Court was rejected because he's not a psychologist, tells Kate and Gerry that they "Seem like model parents".

I was also wondering if anyone knows what impact making Madeleine a ward of court would have on the issue of neglect, if anything. I wondered if this was part of the decision process perhaps? In the book, the issue of neglect is followed immediately by the decision to make Madeleine a ward of court, so I wondered what the legal implications are?
What's_up_doc?
What's_up_doc?

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Mon 20 Mar 2017, 8:53 pm

I've always been puzzled about this making Madelaine a COW ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Mon 20 Mar 2017, 9:16 pm

I know making Madeleine a ward of court enabled the McCanns' lawyers to access the case files but this backfired IMO because shortly after the PJ released the files so the public could read them and that's not gone too well for them! I also read there are other potential benefits for the McCanns - I don't know if this is correct by I read that it means Madeleine's medical records cannot be disclosed for 75 years. In her book Kate says lawyers discussed WoC (she doesn't say advised) so I would like to know what other benefits, if any, there are for the McCanns. I've been trying to research this but I haven't got very far. Sorry if I've wandered off topic!
What's_up_doc?
What's_up_doc?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 20 Mar 2017, 9:33 pm

It was the IFLG (International Family Law Group) that met the McCanns on the 11th of May 2007. It was one of the lawyers from there who examined the proximity from the Tapas bar to Apt 5a and said it was not negligent and well within the bounds of reasonable parenting.

They (IFLG) also advised Madeleine to become a Ward of Court.

They also advised to set up a 'fighting fund'.

..... According to Kate's book. (so take all that with some salt)

So in April 2007, iFLG opened its doors in Covent Garden for worldwide business.  It started small, with only four full-time partners and staff. It increased in size and we now have 24 partners, lawyers, support staff and consultants.

http://www.iflg.uk.com/history-and-ethos

So less than 6 weeks after opening then the IFLG advised the McCanns on all this stuff.......????

http://www.iflg.uk.com/our-lawyers

Which one of these gave the within the bounds quote I wonder......
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Mon 20 Mar 2017, 10:18 pm

Andrew wrote:It was the IFLG (International Family Law Group) that met the McCanns on the 11th of May 2007. It was one of the lawyers from there who examined the proximity from the Tapas bar to Apt 5a and said it was not negligent and well within the bounds of reasonable parenting.

They (IFLG) also advised Madeleine to become a Ward of Court.

They also advised to set up a 'fighting fund'.

..... According to Kate's book. (so take all that with some salt)

So in April 2007, iFLG opened its doors in Covent Garden for worldwide business.  It started small, with only four full-time partners and staff. It increased in size and we now have 24 partners, lawyers, support staff and consultants.

http://www.iflg.uk.com/history-and-ethos

So less than 6 weeks after opening then the IFLG advised the McCanns on all this stuff.......????

http://www.iflg.uk.com/our-lawyers

Which one of these gave the within the bounds quote I wonder......
Wow - thanks Andrew that's a huge case for a newly established firm - I wonder if it's another case of not what you know but who you know! I read that Kate and Gerry didn't even attend the hearing when Maddie was made a WoC - another revealing act. I think it could be a smokescreen to her things, possibly medical records... I'm very curious!
What's_up_doc?
What's_up_doc?

Back to top Go down

Pals slam ‘cruel’ petition calling for Madeleine McCann’s parents to be charged with child neglect Empty Pals slam ‘cruel’ petition calling for Madeleine McCann’s parents to be charged with child neglect

Post  Andrew Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:11 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3197252/madeleine-mccann-petition-charged-child-neglect/

'PURE BILE' Pals slam ‘cruel’ petition calling for Madeleine McCann’s parents to be charged with child neglect – as signatures top 130,000
Hollie Flynn’s desperate bid to cause more anguish to Kate and Gerry looks set to fail, despite gaining 130,215 signatures on petition site change.org
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:30 pm

I signed a similar e-petition in the very early days
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:41 pm

And the Sun has just publicised the petition and made it known to all of its subscribers and anyone else reading online!
Well done!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next