MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case

+13
poster
Dee Coy
unreorganised
Heisenburg
What's_up_doc?
joyce1938
bluebell
dogs don't lie
Mo
espeland
candyfloss
Freedom
Andrew
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Empty Re: Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case

Post  unreorganised Sun 02 Apr 2017, 10:21 am

Andrew wrote:A FORMER top cop who spent three years searching for Madeleine McCann has offered  to “come back on board” the hunt if needed by her parents.

Of course he will. If the price is right.

COME ON DOWN!!!!
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Empty Re: Goncalo's book axed - Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case

Post  Andrew Sun 02 Apr 2017, 10:24 am

cheers Laughing
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 02 Apr 2017, 10:40 am

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/666020/Madeleine-McCann-maddie-anniversary-detective-book-Goncalo-Amaral/amp

If the Express is to be believed, Goncalo himself confirmed writing the book and it is about the timelines and witness statements. They quote him direct.

He said: “Winning the appeal case gives me no joy or happiness. It is just part of the legal process. 

“I will defend my reputation, and the integrity of the officers who worked with me, in the courts but I just want a quiet peaceful life.

“I am pleased I have a court ruling which defends the freedom of expression. 

“I was invited to book signings now the book is back on sale but I turned them down. I don’t want to be in the spotlight. 

“I have written another book, examining the timeline and what people have said, and I am looking to publish that. 

“I enjoy writing books and relaxing and I will continue to do that.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 02 Apr 2017, 10:44 am

Mo wrote:According to this the original publishers were passing info on to GA?

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t13850-from-facebook-how-to-possibly-get-a-copy-of-dr-amaral-s-book-truth-of-the-lie-in-english

I wonder if OG are ready to close and have asked him not to publish anything??
That link suggests that the old publishers have had no contact about the new book and suggests Goncalo is using another outfit for the new book.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 02 Apr 2017, 10:48 am

Great find in regards to the Express article, Dee. cheers
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 02 Apr 2017, 10:59 am

This http://portugalresident.com/tabloid-scramble-cranks-up-pressure-on-“second-maddie-book”

The Portuguese Resident does indeed suggest via the Express again that Goncalo is looking to publish with a different publisher.

While the Sunday Express claims Amaral is looking for a “new publisher”, the Daily Mail describes him as “jubilant” and “finishing off the final chapter of his newly-penned book while taking a break in Switzerland”.

The Mirror report today merely confirms that the original publishers don't have access to the new book.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 02 Apr 2017, 11:05 am

I still like to think though that G.A has had a whisper from the PJ and OG to 'put things on hold' whilst they finish off putting the last piece in the jigsaw puzzle. (built a watertight case).

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 02 Apr 2017, 12:05 pm

Will stick some comments up from the Sun article:

Paul Andrews 2 minutes ago
What the hell is going on here? More tripe that"s what. This clown is obviously in the employment of the McCanns to keep spouting the abduction fairy tale!

Ethan Lloyd 5 minutes ago
It would have cost much less to investigate the McCanns from the start, with possibly a quicker and more accurate result.

JEG 22 minutes ago
Maddie, God Bless Her. If Only The Police Could End This Nightmare.

Yellow and Black 1 hour ago
Says the prat who is another mouthpiece for his paymasters. One day the Tapas 7 or the one of the McCanns will break ranks and tell the truth

sherlock holmes 49 minutes ago
I think the hope that any of the friends would break cover and come clean is extremely unlikely because they were also awarded a large financial out of court settlement that would presumably have to be repaid.

The chance to get them to come clean was lost when they let them ALL off the hook for child neglect. Charges related to child neglect would have certainly applied pressure to come clean.

Public opinion in those early was a vital asset that had to be funded from somewhere. Gerry used his experience of fundraising for the NHS to that very benefit - their own.

sherlock holmes 35 minutes ago
It has to be said that amidst the building hysteria after their court defeat that the friends who were there at the time and therefore must be certain of their innocence have said absolutely nothing in their friend's defence.

Their silence has been deafening.!

Kim Tuffs 1 hour ago
We all know who the real culprits are...Day one I've said the parents were involved and I will continue to say so

Cherry Bond 1 hour ago
Anything to get more money, we know who it was don't we so stop wasting time, the 2 people are right under your noses!

sherlock holmes 1 hour ago
Word has it that the truth of the lie may be published in English and sold abroad at airports etc where people will be able to bring it home, read it, pass it on to friends and use their own logic and common sense to draw some conclusions.

I'm sure if it ever is sold in English it will be a sure fire winner in financial and factual terms.

Although it will blow the abduction theory right out the water.

kelli kelly 1 hour ago
stop sloughing our money into this !!!!!!!!!!!

Sade Anslow 1 hour ago
“These are the type of people who would sink their grandmother for money. But their conscience after all this time may be the key.” Well he's right about the first bit, but the McCann's definitely don't have a conscience.

joshua harding 1 hour ago
I think we all KNOW WHO killed Maddie... Stop P*****SS((NG about and just ARREST THEM!!!!!

PAUL ARCHER 2 hours ago
Could Edgar organize a pizz up in a brewery ?

His record on the case says otherwise.

Besides, he is no longer a policeman.

Just a friend of the Mccanns.

David Horne 2 hours ago
It's no good him going back to the case, he is adamant that the parents are not guilty, so with this mind set, he is not looking at the case with an open mind.

sherlock holmes 40 minutes ago
To be fair to mad Dave, he was forced to admit at their libel trial that he only investigated what the parents told him to investigate.

So that put the parents out the picture straight away
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 02 Apr 2017, 2:51 pm

Brilliant comments! Can't wait for Dr Amaral's next book. Particularly like this one: "stop sloughing our money into this !!!!!!!!!!!"
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 02 Apr 2017, 3:04 pm

“I have written another book, examining the timeline and what people have said, and I am looking to publish that.

“I enjoy writing books and relaxing and I will continue to do that.”

So it's not true that the book has been axed? And another is in the pipeline...
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 02 Apr 2017, 3:58 pm

The Express article was from May last year. So Goncalo finished the second book 10 months ago. I do wonder if he's waiting for the go-ahead from the PJ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Sun 02 Apr 2017, 4:15 pm

I too think he's been asked not to go-ahead with the release because the investigation is on-going. He may have been tipped off and a few tweaks may be needed to the book when the case closes or, he may have to re-write it.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 02 Apr 2017, 5:14 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4372852/Maddie-McCann-detective-offers-help-parents.html

‘I think Maddie is alive’: Detective who spent three years probing Maddie McCann's disappearance wants to ‘get back on board’ in the hunt
Former detective Dave Edgar has offered to help find Madeleine McCann
He was hired to investigate after Portuguese police archived the 2007 case
Edgar, 60, said: 'I believe Madeleine is still alive and the case can be solved'

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/602162/Madeleine-Maddie-McCann-still-alive-dead-Kate-Gerry-new-leads-truth-kidnap

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/786936/Madeleine-McCann-Maddie-kidnap-missing-Gerry-Kate-alive-Portugal-police-sex-ring-gang

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cop-who-spent-three-years-10143680

Last edited by Andrew on Sun 02 Apr 2017, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add other links)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Sun 02 Apr 2017, 5:17 pm

Andrew wrote:I still like to think though that G.A has had a whisper from the PJ and OG to 'put things on hold' whilst they finish off putting the last piece in the jigsaw puzzle. (built a watertight case).

Certainly hope so... it sounds feasible Cool
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 02 Apr 2017, 6:03 pm

Mo wrote:I too think he's been asked not to go-ahead with the release because the investigation is on-going.  He may have been tipped off and a few tweaks may be needed to the book when the case closes or, he may have to re-write it.

I think that is perhaps also the reason why Sonia P's documentary has not been released?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 7:25 pm

Helenmeg wrote:
Andrew wrote:I still like to think though that G.A has had a whisper from the PJ and OG to 'put things on hold' whilst they finish off putting the last piece in the jigsaw puzzle. (built a watertight case).

Certainly hope so... it sounds feasible Cool  

I can't see this scenario myself. However, if it is the case GA would expect some guarantees.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sun 02 Apr 2017, 8:37 pm

Andrew wrote:His publisher and friend Manuel Fonseca – head of Guerra e Paz Editores, the firm which published Amaral’s first book – told us: “There is no book. It doesn’t exist, even as a draft. It may be he would like to work on a book some time, but for the moment that book doesn’t exist.

scratch Crying or Very sad

Perhaps Mr Amaral is using a different publisher - one of the large multinationals with enough financial clout to dare to publish in English.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 02 Apr 2017, 9:23 pm

Poe wrote:
Andrew wrote:His publisher and friend Manuel Fonseca – head of Guerra e Paz Editores, the firm which published Amaral’s first book – told us: “There is no book. It doesn’t exist, even as a draft. It may be he would like to work on a book some time, but for the moment that book doesn’t exist.

scratch Crying or Very sad

Perhaps Mr Amaral is using a different publisher - one of the large multinationals with enough financial clout to dare to publish in English.
It's already being reported he's seeking a new publisher, let's hope it's one with the financial clout to publish and be damned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 03 Apr 2017, 9:02 am

I do hope so Dee Coy.

Bear in mind that the quote from Manuel Fonseca is a translation from Portuguese and we get the written version in isolation with no details of the full conversation or Mr Fonseca's tone of voice.

“There is no book. It doesn’t exist, even as a draft. It may be he would like to work on a book some time, but for the moment that book doesn’t exist."

Doesn't that quote read as an angry outburst from someone who is being badgered?

To me it doesn't read that there is no book. It reads that this particular publisher does not have the book, even as a draft.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 03 Apr 2017, 10:44 am

Agree, Poe. Perhaps he's peeved after everything they've gone through with the libel trial to be overlooked for the second book.

Incidentally, has anyone seen anything to indicate why Dr Amaral seeks a new publisher?

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:15 am

There is still no trace of the book story in the German press, and they are normally very keen on new stories about the McCann case.

They do have the story about the private detective wanting to go back to work, and that he is convinced that Madeleine is still alive.

Odd....

mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:50 am

candyfloss wrote:
Mo wrote:I too think he's been asked not to go-ahead with the release because the investigation is on-going.  He may have been tipped off and a few tweaks may be needed to the book when the case closes or, he may have to re-write it.

I think that is perhaps also the reason why Sonia P's documentary has not been released?  
I think its more because she can't get anyone to buy it. From the horses mouth
Sonia Poulton wrote:I was naive to think that the British media could openly support my stance. People do in the background but they fear their livelihoods will be put in jeopardy if they go public.

I make it my business to not talk publicly about the media organisations I am currently working with behind-the-scenes for fear they will be targeted, too.

The truth remains, there are people in influential positions in the UK and they have no appetite for questioning the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I have discovered that they will go so far as to penalise you if you publicly question the official abduction narrative as I have.

This is a story with friends in high places and it involves people who have promoted the abduction of Madeleine McCann to feather their own nests. Irrelevant of the fact that the official abduction narrative does not add up.

http://www.theuntoldstoryofmadeleinemccann.com/
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Mon 03 Apr 2017, 12:14 pm

But why has SP had a Sky email address for the two-month period January-March and not used Twitter in that period? Has anyone seen her appear on Sky in that period - I haven't, but don't watch the channel much?

Jan 11th:

Sonia Poulton‏Verified account @SoniaPoulton

Off Twitter for now (contact: soniapoulton@sky.com) but on BBCRScot with Kaye Adams after 11am today #singleparent #myths Happy 2017 Y'all!

From http://www.theuntoldstoryofmadeleinemccann.com/:

March 2015

* I'm at Sky News for a TV debate even though critics say I shouldn't be on Sky because of Brenda's death. Fact is, these people are missing the crucial point that I stand up for many injustices - including disability discrimination, corruption and poverty - and it is absurd not to use a platform as big as Sky in which to raise awareness to these issues and more.

After I have talked on air, I return to the green room to get my bag. A producer follows me in. He wants to have 'a chat' with me. He says he is aware of the film and he wants to know if there is a 'conflict' with me being on Sky and the film I am making.

I tell him that the film is highly critical of the actions of Martin Brunt and the subsequent death of Brenda Leyland.

Personally, I want to continue working on Sky as there is something else that makes my regular appearances work in favour of the documentary. It's this: when the film is released, and the likely savaging I will take, it clearly shows that Sky thought highly enough of me to repeatedly feature me as a 'journalist and social commentator'. My critics, blinded by their need to tar me, fail to understand any of this and the attacks on me mount daily.
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 03 Apr 2017, 12:34 pm

Sonia mentioned a long while ago to people that she had had a sky email address for years. If you are a sky subscriber you can get an email addy same as Virgin or BT. Don't think she actually works for Sky (I think IIRC she said that too) , just is asked on for her opinions, just like other journalists and guests.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Mon 03 Apr 2017, 12:40 pm

candyfloss wrote:Sonia mentioned a long while ago to people that she had had a sky email address for years.  If you are a sky subscriber you can get an email addy same as Virgin or BT.  Don't think she actually works for Sky (I think IIRC she said that too) , just is asked on for her opinions, just like other journalists and guests.

Ok thanks, that clears part of my post but still leaves a few questions - what was she doing in that two-month period and did she appear (anywhere) during that time?

espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next