GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Helenmeg on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:27 am

Andrew wrote:If I was the McCann's, then I would be absolutely bricking it right now. And really be feeling fear.

Just saying.

I hope you are right - not because I hate the pair of them and their entourage - but because I simply want the truth to emerge... and the truth is that they know what happened to Madeleine IMO.
avatar
Helenmeg

Posts : 692
Join date : 2014-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  mumof6 on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:27 am

Andrew wrote:If I was the McCann's, then I would be absolutely bricking it right now. And really be feeling fear.

Just saying.


Kate has been afraid for almost 10 years now.

And maybe before that too, I get the feeling that she was controlled by Gerry after the "abduction", maybe that was her life before that as well?


We know that she found Madeleine hard work, would it be her choice to go for another baby so quickly? It may have been, but it could also show that she feels that she has to please Gerry.
avatar
mumof6

Posts : 584
Join date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  candyfloss on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:28 am

Helenmeg wrote:I do agree you can argue that it is technically correct in terms of meaning but...... he chose to reinforce 'abduction' in the heads of the general public.
He didn't have to do that - yet he deliberately chose to reinforce that idea in the public mind. Why? He didn't need to - as I said he could have simply said words to the effect of
'Madeline is still missing' -
Helenmeg he was asked, he had to give an answer, he had to talk about it. He was asked about Andy Redwood using the word abduction, he then went on to repeat the question using the word and used it saying however she left it was an abduction.  As you say technically correct, no lies told.

_________________
  
   

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 11836
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Poe on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:40 am

The definitive proof of whether Madeleine is alive or dead must be her body.

What if the last critical piece of work is a massive push to find her?

If that is the definitive conclusion that the police are aiming for and they don't manage to achieve it, it does not mean that the McCanns are off the hook.

_________________
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
George R. R. Martin, A Clash of Kings.
avatar
Poe

Posts : 987
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  What's_up_doc? on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:43 am

Helenmeg wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Look how he describes abduction in the video interview.


He says.... However she left that apartment, she has been abducted....








'at the heart of this has been an abduction'

In other words lets reinforce what the Mc CANNS have said all along - there was an abduction - they wanted us all to believe that and Rowley has reinforced that. He could have
put it differently - he did not need to reinforce ABDUCTION thereby giving valuable ammunition to the team Mc Cann. Why did he feel the need to do that?? It was deliberate.
He could have stuck with 'Missing'.  
 
I'm not reading it like that Helenmeg, I'm reading it as clarification of Andy Redwood's use of the word abduction. He is saying, IMO, in very guarded terms, however she left the apartment (dead or alive) we have an abduction scenario, because we have the removal of that child from the crime scene by an abductor. We associate the word abduction with a living person, usually taken against their will (although in some domestic abduction cases, involving disputes between parents, the child might freely go with the parental abductor.) There is nothing in the word that necessitates the child being alive, IMO. I think we're all frustrated and want stronger, more emphatic statements but it's not going to happen and by not ruling them out and not parading the usual suspects, there is a subtle shift here, albeit a small baby step, in the right direction -IMO. sunny

_________________
Do not despair - just fight harder Kathleen Zellner
avatar
What's_up_doc?

Posts : 932
Join date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Birdy on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:46 am

He said abduction- yes but he could hardly put false or staged in front of that word. I think he is being very careful in what he is saying. Also of interest he mentions all the rubbish stories flying round in the press. Or that's the gist of it.
avatar
Birdy

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  chrissie on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:53 am

Andrew wrote:I think this actual titbit is what I'm most encouraged by:

“Ourselves and the Portuguese are doing a critical piece of work and we don’t want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out publicly.”

This sums it up for me. He was being deliberately vague in that interview, leaving all avenues open. I'm not concerned that we don't get to hear step by step what they're up to. That's the way it should be imo.
avatar
chrissie

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Andrew on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:56 am

Off topic a bit but I mentioned this earlier on this morn:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/natascha-kampush-gives-message-hope-10296624

Natascha Kampusch gives message of hope to Madeleine McCann's parents as she reveals how she stayed strong during eight-year abduction

I thought it was disgusting that this poor lass was purposely brought on to that show to give a 'message' to Kate McCann.
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 13085
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Mimi on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:59 am

@ froggy - "Maybe that's why they used the top man, someone far removed from the actual details of the investigation.
Not a word from Ms Wall, or even her supervisor, both of whom should have been sufficiently senior to deliver such a script of nothingness."

I agree. I had wondered where Nicola Wall was - unlike Andy Redwood she stays out of the limelight. I don`t think she has the expertise to say a lot but saying nothing. These top men are chosen for their ability to appear knowledgeable yet give nothing away (much like politicians and CEOs).

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3524
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Andrew on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:02 am

chrissie wrote:
Andrew wrote:I think this actual titbit is what I'm most encouraged by:

“Ourselves and the Portuguese are doing a critical piece of work and we don’t want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out publicly.”

This sums it up for me.  He was being deliberately vague in that interview, leaving all avenues open.  I'm not concerned that we don't get to hear step by step what they're up to. That's the way it should be imo.

Absolutely Chrissie.

At the end of the day everything has to be airtight, watertight, fireproof, bombproof.... And err.. McProof. scratch

Anyway - of course they aren't going to reveal their hand.

You don't blab out the finer details when you're working with another country to build a prosecution case. It would be total madness.

Remember they'll only be one crack at this.
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 13085
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Mimi on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:02 am

Birdy wrote:He said abduction- yes but he could hardly put false or staged in front of that word. I think he is being very careful in what he is saying. Also of interest he mentions all the rubbish stories flying round in the press. Or that's the gist of it.

I still think you can use that word for the abduction of a body.

They know she`s dead - they must know because of the dogs.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3524
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Birdy on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:02 am

Q: There was a report recently that there was an international manhunt in regards to a person you
were interested in talking to, maybe not even a suspect, maybe a witness?

MR: There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are
nonsense

The pink clown is not doing a very good job, turning the public against them even more. IMO
avatar
Birdy

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Mimi on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:05 am

If Martin Grimes was on Twitter, I would ask him if Nicola Wall had been in touch. Surely they must have interviewed Martin since the start of this investigation.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3524
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  What's_up_doc? on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:07 am

mumof6 wrote:
Andrew wrote:If I was the McCann's, then I would be absolutely bricking it right now. And really be feeling fear.

Just saying.


Kate has been afraid for almost 10 years now.

And maybe before that too, I get the feeling that she was controlled by Gerry after the "abduction", maybe that was her life before that as well?


We know that she found Madeleine hard work, would it be her choice to go for another baby so quickly? It may have been, but it could also show that she feels that she has to please Gerry.
I think the reason the twins came along so soon was because of IVF. With Madeleine, it took a number of cycles and I think they probably thought it would be similar the second time round but it wasn't, much quicker. KM was also in hospital much of the time and very unwell during this second pregnancy.

_________________
Do not despair - just fight harder Kathleen Zellner
avatar
What's_up_doc?

Posts : 932
Join date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  chrissie on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:19 am

Andrew wrote:
chrissie wrote:
Andrew wrote:I think this actual titbit is what I'm most encouraged by:

“Ourselves and the Portuguese are doing a critical piece of work and we don’t want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out publicly.”

This sums it up for me.  He was being deliberately vague in that interview, leaving all avenues open.  I'm not concerned that we don't get to hear step by step what they're up to. That's the way it should be imo.

Absolutely Chrissie.

At the end of the day everything has to be airtight, watertight, fireproof, bombproof.... And err.. McProof. scratch

Anyway - of course they aren't going to reveal their hand.

You don't blab out the finer details when you're working with another country to build a prosecution case. It would be total madness.

Remember they'll only be one crack at this.

Yes. My view from the start was they would work from the outside, pruning away until they get to the people who can't be eliminated. Just my opinion.
avatar
chrissie

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  What's_up_doc? on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:31 am

Mimi wrote:
Birdy wrote:He said abduction- yes but he could hardly put false or staged in front of that word. I think he is being very careful in what he is saying. Also of interest he mentions all the rubbish stories flying round in the press. Or that's the gist of it.

I still think you can use that word for the abduction of a body.

They know she`s dead - they must know because of the dogs.
Totally agree - they have undermined the McCanns' narrative by not saying they believe Madeleine is alive and he clarified the use of the word abduction so that again the McCanns' version is just one of a number of hypotheses With the potential for the abduction of a body. Have SY ever so much as entertained the possibility that Madeleine might be dead before? Is this a first?

_________________
Do not despair - just fight harder Kathleen Zellner
avatar
What's_up_doc?

Posts : 932
Join date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  mumof6 on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:55 am



Interesting that they should choose another case where the rumours of parental involvement will not go away.

avatar
mumof6

Posts : 584
Join date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  AndyB on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:02 pm

The only reason for a small glimmer of hope for me today is the complete lack of TM gloating about the interview on the McCann hashtag. That strikes me as being as odd as the tone of the tenth anniversary message on the official site
avatar
AndyB

Posts : 670
Join date : 2014-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  What's_up_doc? on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:15 pm

AndyB wrote:The only reason for a small glimmer of hope for me today is the complete lack of TM gloating about the interview on the McCann hashtag. That strikes me as being as odd as the tone of the tenth anniversary message on the official site
That's a good point AndyB, you would think they would be all over it if there was any glimmer of cronyism at play but there's nothing and the worse thing for them right now is to not have people rallying round, bolstering their beleaguered image. Game on.

_________________
Do not despair - just fight harder Kathleen Zellner
avatar
What's_up_doc?

Posts : 932
Join date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  mumof6 on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm

In terms of Andy using the word abduction, she was not old enough to set off and start her own life. However she left that apartment, she has been abducted. It is not a 20-year-old who has gone missing and who has made a decision to start a new life, this is a young girl who is missing and at the heart of this has been an abduction.



He uses abduction as opposed to leaving of her own free will, starting up a new life somewhere.

The way he phrases it tells us that he is using abduction to cover all the possibilities other than that, whether or not that is the correct word. He is not saying that Madeleine is alive, and her body was not found in the apartment, so he is using abduction to cover the possibility that the dead body was removed.


avatar
mumof6

Posts : 584
Join date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  What's_up_doc? on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:56 pm

mumof6 wrote: In terms of Andy using the word abduction, she was not old enough to set off and start her own life. However she left that apartment, she has been abducted. It is not a 20-year-old who has gone missing and who has made a decision to start a new life, this is a young girl who is missing and at the heart of this has been an abduction.



He uses abduction as opposed to leaving of her own free will, starting up a new life somewhere.

The way he phrases it tells us that he is using abduction to cover all the possibilities other than that, whether or not that is the correct word. He is not saying that Madeleine is alive, and her body was not found in the apartment, so he is using abduction to cover the possibility that the dead body was removed.


I agree mumof6 and he also says this is not a twenty year old girl. What we know about abductors is they tend to go for older children and youngerr women and if a younger child is taken, they are sadly taken by opportunistic predators, who  do not keep the child for very long because they panic and because young children are difficult to 'care for'. Maybe I'm trying too hard here but is he also drawing our attention to the anomalies here, she was so young, not the typical profile of an abducted girl, not a twenty year old girl, the type usually  taken by a predatory male?

_________________
Do not despair - just fight harder Kathleen Zellner
avatar
What's_up_doc?

Posts : 932
Join date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  mumof6 on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

I don't know whether that is contained in those words, or whether he is just pointing out that the word "abduction" does not mean that she was taken while sleeping peacefully in her bed.

I tend to agree though, if she had been abducted she would not be alive now. Three year olds are a pain, they can't reliably be scared into silence, they cry at the wrong times, they may blurt out a memory years later, you get the hassle of a toddler with the risks that speaking brings.

If the abduction had been by someone who wanted a child, they would have gone for the younger girl, the one who could not talk yet, the one who would fit into a new family without the join showing.

I cannot believe that SY believe that she is still alive, they are merely saying that there is no conclusive evidence that she is dead.

Ultimately, that is true, there is no way to prove that the cadaver scent that the dog alerted to was not there due to a previous tenant. It is hardly something that they would own up to, is it?
avatar
mumof6

Posts : 584
Join date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Andrew on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:09 pm

.... Of course SY don't think she's alive. And they never have done since Eddie and Keela did their business back in 2007.

Imo etc.
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 13085
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  unreorganised on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:25 pm

AndyB wrote:The only reason for a small glimmer of hope for me today is the complete lack of TM gloating about the interview on the McCann hashtag. That strikes me as being as odd as the tone of the tenth anniversary message on the official site

I don't read Cristobell's blog as a rule but for some reason did yesterday, and I noted that jackass inhabitant of the comments section is still in full swing.
avatar
unreorganised

Posts : 1592
Join date : 2016-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum