MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

+21
What's_up_doc?
Birdy
Bampots
dogs don't lie
costello
Inca
Mo
espeland
Heisenburg
mumof6
Freedom
Mimi
AndyB
Helenmeg
froggy
Poe
candyfloss
unreorganised
bluebell
Andrew
wjk
25 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus  Martin Brunt on Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  Mimi Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:40 pm

"We don't have evidence telling us if Madeleine is alive or dead. It is a missing person’s inquiry but as a team we are realistic about what we might be dealing with - especially as months turn to years"

No, not evidence that our CPS could use - but surely they have not totally disregarded the cadaver evidence of the dogs that would indeed be `telling` them something very interesting.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus  Martin Brunt on Sky - Page 2 Empty Re: GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus Martin Brunt on Sky

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:42 pm

Thanks Andy - I have bolded that part you mention...

Madeleine McCann: Police still pursuing 'critical' lead 10 years on

37 minutes ago

Police investigating Madeleine McCann's disappearance say a critical line of inquiry is still being pursued, 10 years after she went missing.

Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said they still hoped they could provide answers to what happened.

Three-year-old Madeleine disappeared from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May, 2007.

Her mother Kate described the approaching 10th anniversary as a "horrible marker of time, stolen time".

Asked if police were any closer to solving the case than they were six years ago, Mr Rowley said: "I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing, and because it's worth pursuing it could provide an answer, but until we've gone through it I won't know whether we are going to get there or not."

But he added that there was no "definitive evidence" as to whether Madeleine was alive or dead.

He declined to expand on the nature of the working theories or reveal whether any suspects were currently being considered but said the investigating team were still receiving evidence and new information from members of the public on a daily basis.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley says it’s important to keep an “open mind” about what happened

He said UK and Portuguese detectives were doing "a critical piece of work and we don't want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out publicly".

But he added that "there was no reason whatsoever" to suspect Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.

"However she left that apartment, she's been abducted," he said. "This is a young girl who is missing."

He said: "We've got some thoughts on what we think the most likely explanations might be and we are pursuing those."

Four detectives are working on the case in the UK, scaled back from 30 in 2011, with more than £11m spent so far.

Scotland Yard started its review of the case in May 2011, after then-Prime Minister David Cameron responded to a plea from the McCanns.

Madeleine McCann campaign image on the Official Find Madeleine Campaign Facebook pageImage copyright Official Find Madeleine Campaign
Ahead of the 10th anniversary Kate McCann wrote in a message on the Official Find Madeleine Campaign Facebook page: "Ten years - there's no easy way to say it, describe it, accept it.

"I remember when Madeleine first disappeared I couldn't even begin to consider anything in terms of years...

"And now here we are... Madeleine, our Madeleine - ten years."

She said she and husband Gerry were "bracing ourselves for the next couple of weeks" of coverage.

With "no new appeals that the police wish to make at this moment in time" she said the family, from Rothley, Leicestershire, was "keeping any media involvement marking this unwanted milestone to a minimum"

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:49 pm

Thanks. And I was just starting to think Grange might be genuine after all. Surely even you must have your doubts now?
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:03 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4444528/Significant-line-inquiry-Madeleine-McCann-case.html

He also ruled out that her parents Gerry and Kate McCann were involved in her abduction and said that she could still be alive.

Words fail me at the moment.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:09 pm

Freedom wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4444528/Significant-line-inquiry-Madeleine-McCann-case.html

He also ruled out that her parents Gerry and Kate McCann were involved in her abduction and said that she could still be alive.  

Yes, that is what I bolded in the BBC article I just posted. He can't say anything else really can he. I am not saying they or anyone is guilty. If they had suspects they could not tell us anyway, it would cause a media storm.... it just is not done, the papers would have a field day, and then, what if the person is innocent. Look at the case of Chris Jeffries, poor man was torn to shreds and he was totally innocent. If the police say nothing then the press and all here would take that to mean guilt by silence. Rock and hard place. I will wait and see, and I know they are doing everything they can to find out what happened to Madeleine. I have a feeling though, and he hinted at it, that they won't have an ending to the case.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:13 pm

I have literally no idea what that was all about.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:16 pm

That leaves me wondering what it is that the McCanns are so afraid of, why do the press need to show restraint?
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:21 pm

Freedom wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4444528/Significant-line-inquiry-Madeleine-McCann-case.html

Hmm, mixed messages, he said this in his statement,

We don't have evidence telling us if Madeleine is alive or dead. It is a missing person’s inquiry but as a team we are realistic about what we might be dealing with - especially as months turn to years.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:35 pm

Has the announcement been on yet?

What did SY say ?

PS sorry - don`t watch TV

Last edited by Mimi on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:36 pm

What was the point of it,nothing new has been said.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:40 pm

AndyB wrote:Thanks. And I was just starting to think Grange might be genuine after all. Surely even you must have your doubts now?

Freedom wrote: He also ruled out that her parents Gerry and Kate McCann were involved in her abduction and said that she could still be alive.

I don't know what's happening of course, but I don't have any more doubts now and I'm sure something is behind this embargoing of the statement. I'm encouraged to hear today that OG and the PJ are working well together - even though we think they're apparently following different theories.

As was pointed out in the Operation Grange thread today, you can't abduct a dead child - so maybe he was telling it how it is or may be.

That none of us understand what this is all about is no reason to doubt OG - our understanding isn't important to them.

espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:42 pm

Mimi wrote:Has the announcement been on yet?

What did SY say ?

This is it.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/04/25/253399213124308101/640x360_MP4_253399213124308101.mp4
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:42 pm

It has to be a whitewash... I have zero optimism now... What a waste of money
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Inca Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:45 pm

espeland wrote:
AndyB wrote:Thanks. And I was just starting to think Grange might be genuine after all. Surely even you must have your doubts now?

Freedom wrote: He also ruled out that her parents Gerry and Kate McCann were involved in her abduction and said that she could still be alive.

I don't know what's happening of course, but I don't have any more doubts now and I'm sure something is behind this embargoing of the statement. I'm encouraged to hear today that OG and the PJ are working well together - even though we think they're apparently following different theories.

As was pointed out in the Operation Grange thread today, you can't abduct a dead child - so maybe he was telling it how it is or may be.

That none of us understand what this is all about is no reason to doubt OG - our understanding isn't important to them.

If you look at the Daily Mail video it's interesting how he tackles the word abduction, he gives a long explanation.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:53 pm

Mo wrote:

What did SY say ?

This is it.

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/04/25/253399213124308101/640x360_MP4_253399213124308101.mp4

Thanks Mo - sorry I had to ask because it was said it was going to be on the News at 10. Yes, I had eventually found that link over the road - but still - it wasn`t the News at 10 - it`s from the Daily Mail.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:54 pm

GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus  Martin Brunt on Sky - Page 2 C-SdVfnXoAAb1PE

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:55 pm

Is that a less than usually cropped copy of the photo they've got there?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:56 pm

GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus  Martin Brunt on Sky - Page 2 C-ScF42XUAA8Hl5

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:57 pm

GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus  Martin Brunt on Sky - Page 2 C-Sa7vcWAAAvdsY

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:58 pm

It`s better to watch Rowley actually speaking than just reading his words.

I get the feeling it`s a no-hoper and they are purposely ignoring thousands of pieces of circumstantial evidence that they`ve been presented with and there`s no way they will allow the McCanns to be prosecuted.

............... to the point of absolute ridiculousness.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

GRANGE UPDATE - AC Mark Rowley reflects on the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann plus  Martin Brunt on Sky - Page 2 Empty Re:Grange update.

Post  costello Tue 25 Apr 2017, 11:00 pm

Helenmeg wrote:It has to be a whitewash... I have zero optimism now... What a waste of money

I have to say Helenmeg I've never really had much faith in Operation Grange, as I have said many times before my money is on Dr.Amaral.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Tue 25 Apr 2017, 11:00 pm

I
Mimi wrote:
Mo wrote:

What did SY say ?

This is it.

Thanks Mo - sorry I had to ask because it was said it was going to be on the News at 10.  Yes, I had eventually found that link over the road - but still - it wasn`t the News at 10 - it`s from the Daily Mail.
It was on the BBC News at 10 but not all of it. I think Sky News covered all of it at 9pm but I didn't watch it. Wait for the rest of the papers it will be in one of those.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 11:01 pm

Cristobell writes about it.....

Cristobell Author‏ @RosalindaHu · 4m

CRISTOBELL UNBOUND http://cristobell.blogspot.com/
#MCCANN LATEST NEWS 25.04.17

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 25 Apr 2017, 11:04 pm

How depressing. Seems they`ve got away with it. I`m off to bed.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 25 Apr 2017, 11:17 pm

unreorganised wrote:Is that a less than usually cropped copy of the photo they've got there?

Yes it's been photoshopped.

The original photo is of her in front of someone wearing a brown t-shirt. This is usually cropped out along with the rest of the background. But a couple of the papers have gone with photoshopping in a new background, onto which they've added the text.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next